Gent at Home Thursday 20th April 20.00 BST

Comments

• No messing, straight back to it 😂 👏
  • What kept you 😁
  • What kept you 😁

I was running round the garden with my shirt over my head
  • Changes again, with Bournemouth next weekend. The players should be heeling good after todays result though.

Areola; Johnson Zouma Aguerd / Ogbonna / Kehrer (in that order) Emerson; Downes Rice; Bowen Fornals Cornet; Ings
  • edited April 2023
    Paqueta starts for me, he played well today (apart from one dreadful ball that gave Arsenal a 3 v 2) and looked very good in his cameo in the first leg. This game still needs winning, so start with as strong a side as we can (would like to rest Zouma but that's a luxury we won't have I fear), hopefully being able to bring some players off if we build a good lead.
  • Thought Ogbonna was suspended
  • steve said:

Thought Ogbonna was suspended

Yeah, I think you're right.
  • Forgot about that. Aguerd would be my choice then. Though Kehrer had a pretty good game today.
  • edited April 2023
    Gent drew 1-1 away at 13th place Mechelen yesterday, reverted to 3-5-2 with Tarik Tissoudali starting instead of Gift Orban. Orban replaced Tissoudali at half time. Matisse Samoise scored

Cuypers was a Mechelen player last season, season before than he was at Olympiacos. Gent is Cuypers' 7th club since 2016, maybe he was born under a wanderin' star
  • edited April 2023
    Looks like Vanhaezebrouck could have to do a bit of shuffling, Hyun-seok Hong went off injured in the 89th minute.
  • I’d like to see:
    Areola
    Coufal Zouma Aguerd Emerson
    Bowen Paqueta Rice Fornals
    Antonio Cornet
  • Matchday.

COYI ⚒
  • I think if you sign up to the BT Sport monthly pass today for £30 you will get tonight's game, Liverpool 26/4 Palace 29/4 Man U 7/5 plus potentially both legs of the semi-finals 11/5 & 18/5. Works out at £5 each.
  • I really hope we do it tonight.43 years is a loooooooooooooong time.
  • Hong was training with the rest of the squad at Rush Green yesterday so guess the injury wasn't that bad
  • Saw some Gent fans emerging from Stratford International DLR looking rather lost
  • Don't want exter time
  • AZ have already levelled the tie with Anderlecht, 2-2 on aggregate after 25 mins.
  • edited April 2023
    Strong line up:

Alphonse Areola; Vladimir Coufal, Kurt Zouma, Nayef Aguerd, Emerson; Tomas Soucek, Declan Rice, Lucas Paqueta; Jarrod Bowen, Michail Antonio, Said Benrahma

Substitutes: Lukasz Fabianski, Joseph Anang, Thilo Kehrer, Ben Johnson, Aaron Cresswell, Manuel Lanzini, Flynn Downes, Pablo Fornals, Freddie Potts, Divin Mubama, Maxwel Cornet, Danny Ings
  • Soucek has dirt on Moyes
  • Hadn't realised Mubama's first name...

D'ya think tabloid journos have got a pun ready?
  • For however poor some of us think soucek has been according to MNF this week he’s in the top 6 for serial duels won this season so he must be doing some things right.
  • edited April 2023
    Fiorentina game is insane. Its 4-4 now
  • Fiorentina have thrown away a 3 goal aggregate lead at home so far.
  • AZ v Anderlecht 2-2
  • Hamstew said:

Fiorentina game is insane. Its 4-4 now

Soucek’s been poor again.

• @Slacker, Yes but not as bad as Antonio. =)
  • Soucek will score the winner tonight and then my work here is done.
  • Fiorentina back in front