Gent at Home Thursday 20th April 20.00 BST

123457»

Comments

• Hamstew said:

alderz said:

I know he can be frustrating, but I love Paqueta. I think he’s quality, and has gotten better as the season has gone on. I think next year he’ll be a much better player for us.

I like him too. Just needs to cut out that one horrific mistake a game he often does.
    I just feel like he needs to do things a bit quicker. For every mistake there are a half-a-dozen nearly moments. He's clearly a very, very good player, that's never been in doubt, but it seems to me that he thinks he has more time than he actually does.

His link up play with Benrahma in particular was good last night, so hopefully if we stay up and he stays on, he can build on those relationships and become a more effective player for us next season.
  • alderz said:

I know he can be frustrating, but I love Paqueta. I think he’s quality, and has gotten better as the season has gone on. I think next year he’ll be a much better player for us.

Not sure on that beard tho
    And I was sure that the hair flick he did was gonna distract him when taking the pen 🤪
  • Not to be confused with Herr Flick of the Gestapo.
  • Now listen very carefully as I will say this only once

I think we are staying up =)
  • All we need now is Baz with his 'Klopp"........
  • All we need now is Baz with his 'Klopp"........

Hahaha Hahaha Hahaha Hahaha
  • Hamstew said:

alderz said:

I like him too. Just needs to cut out that one horrific mistake a game he often does.
    I just feel like he needs to do things a bit quicker. For every mistake there are a half-a-dozen nearly moments. He's clearly a very, very good player, that's never been in doubt, but it seems to me that he thinks he has more time than he actually does.

His link up play with Benrahma in particular was good last night, so hopefully if we stay up and he stays on, he can build on those relationships and become a more effective player for us next season.
    I actually think sometimes he needs to do things slower 🤣. I think he often has in his head an idea of what he wants to do and so he plays what could be a really good pass blind. In France he probably got away with that but in the premier league the space has been closed down quicker than he expected. Getting up to the pace and more composure and awareness and his effectiveness will probably massively increase.

Think we have a bunch of players who need the link-ups to really work click to get the best out of them but otherwise can look laboured. Paqueta, Benrahma, Fornals and even Rice (for his attacking) and Antonio to an extent. Bowen is one of the few who can have a good game on his own. As wasteful as Cornet has been, there’s always a big chance when he comes on and I think that impact is important. Just hope he can start turning them into something.
  • Now listen very carefully as I will say this only once

I think we are staying up =)

I hear you but what we really need is a definitive “ we’re going down” from OCS or Yeold .

• Rice was sublime again last night and that's even before his goal.

I have been watching since 1978 and for me my favourite player has always been Billy Bonds, the most talented Payet but the best and first name on a team sheet from all those years of watching West Ham... Declan Rice.
  • Still don't like Paqueta taking penaltys
  • I love it. I’ve never seen someone pass it into the top corner like he does. Usually is they’re super cocky they roll it, but he just slowly passes it into the roof of the net and the keeper can’t do anything.
  • I was expecting Benrahma to take it but both him and Paqueta seem to be good penalty takers
  • steve said:

Still don't like Paqueta taking penaltys

He has a 100% record for us ?
  • As long as Rice doesn't take them.
  • He just gives me kittens with that run up
  • I had to watch that at 7am, not an ideal time. Not sure what happened to the rest of the day 😁😁. I even had to replay it in the evening to make sure I hadn't been dreaming. Brilliant just Brilliant 👍👍🙂