SOUTHAMPTON (H) SUN 2ND APRIL 2PM

Well seems like i am on a 3 game unbeaten run ,In those games we have scored 7 and let in only 1 .Your welcome .And dont tell me two of those games were against AEK Larnaca .......They still count .Anyway i digress ,Next up saints in another must win game .Villa was a must win and we only drew so we really have to take 3 points here .Hope all our players come back fit and ready for the final push to safety ,Fingers and anything else you can cross for this one

Comments

• Ah The Danny Ings Derby you say
    He’ll be chomping at the bit for this one
    Ings 3 - 0 Saints

• Next season I might take note of how many games are described as “must win” and see what our record is in “must win” games.
  • You might not as well 🤷‍♂️
    Just see how you feel mate
    No pressure
  • alderz said:

Next season I might take note of how many games are described as “must win” and see what our record is in “must win” games.

I expect the answer to be around 36 in the league. If we start against Spurs and Palace it could even be 38 must wins 😆
  • edited March 2023
    alderz said:

Next season I might take note of how many games are described as “must win” and see what our record is in “must win” games.

Id say next season our must wins will be against the likes of Sheffield Wednesday, QPR and a few others.
  • edited March 2023
    Areola
    Johnson - Zouma - Aguerd - Emerson
    Lanzini - Rice
    Bowen - Fornals - Benrahma
    Ings/Scamacca

Assuming they are all ok after the international break. Paqueta, for me, doesn’t currently warrant a spot in the 11.
  • 4-3-1-2

Areola
    Coufal (🤞) Zouma Aguerd Emerson
    Rice Downes Paqueta
    Benrahma
    Bowen Scamacca

Let the full backs provide the width, with Downes sitting. We're bound to concede, so will need to score at least twice to win. I'd let Rice and Paqueta join Benrahma in pushing the team forward, and have Bowen as close to Scamacca as possible.
  • 4-1-3-2
    Areola
    Coufal, Zouma, Aguard, Emerson
    Rice
    Bowen, Downes, Benrahma
    Ings, Scamacca

Let’s get at them
  • 4-1-4-1. Areola, Johnson Zouma Aguerd Emerson, Rice, Bowen Lanzini Paqueta Benrahma, Scamacca
  • Areola,
    Coufal, Zouma, Aguerd, Emerson.
    Bowen, Rice, Fornals, Benrahma.
    Antonio, Scamacca
  • Moyes will never play two up top so it will be ings on his own
  • Areola,
    Coufal, Zouma, Aguerd, Emerson.
    Rice,Paqueta,Fornals.
    Bowen, Scamacca, Cornet.
  • For a must-win game, Moyes could try 4-2-3-1 and show attacking intent. We need a bit of pace, especially for any over-the-tp balls, and Cornet could provide that. With Ings, Antonio, Paqueta, Lanzini, Mubama, Soucek, Fornals on the bench there should be fresh legs for later stages of the game.

Areola
    Coufal-Zouma-Aguerd-Emerson
    Rice-Downes
    Bowen-Cornet- Benrahma
    Scamacca,
  • Mohammed Salisu missed both of Ghana games against Angola on Thursday and Monday but Chris Hughton said he was still working towards full fitness after not playing for five weeks (Hughton was promoted to head coach last month)

Salisu made his first appearance since February when he replaced Armel Bella-Kotchap in the 3-3 draw against Spurs.

Bella-Kotchap dislocated a shoulder for the second time this season and isn't expected back for a while

Che Adams missed Scotland's 2-0 win over Spain last night after picking up a calf injury against Cyprus on Saturday

Otherwise Juan Larios (injured since November last year) and Valentino Livramento (since April last year) are both still unavailable
  • edited March 2023
    Areola
    Coufal - Zouma - Aguerd - Cresswell
    Lanzini - Rice
    Bowen - Fornals - Benrahma
    Ings

Fabianski, Kehrer, Ogbonna, Emerson, Soucek, Paqueta, Cornet, Antonio, Scamacca

Left out: Johnson, Downes

Fully fit squad, need 3 points Sunday. No excuses.
  • Moyes says

"Emerson has been sick, Aguerd has a niggly hip and Scamacca has a sore knee, so we'll see where we are"

Selles says

Larios. Livramento and Bella-Kotchap all ruled out, Salisu and Adams "we will see tomorrow how they are".
  • edited April 2023
  • It’s the shot conversion rate causing most of the problems. We are among the highest for attempts but rubbish at actually scoring.
  • This does feel like a game where the pressure will be on us & it’s going to be hard if we don’t get the first goal. If we can’t take 3 points I struggle to see where we will pick up the necessary 14+ to stay up.
  • a must win
  • Lukerz said:

This does feel like a game where the pressure will be on us & it’s going to be hard if we don’t get the first goal. If we can’t take 3 points I struggle to see where we will pick up the necessary 14+ to stay up.

Personally I’d be surprised if teams didn’t survive with about 36 points this season, but yeah I do think it’s a pressure game for us. I think we’ll win
  • Opening the book for the first poster to say “ That’s it we’re down” after seven or eight minutes:
    1/2 Yeold
    Evens OCS
    6/5 Buffey
  • Slacker said:

Opening the book for the first poster to say “ That’s it we’re down” after seven or eight minutes:
    1/2 Yeold
    Evens OCS
    6/5 Buffey

Interesting that you think I'm that negative 🤔🤔🤔
  • edited April 2023
    You’re right there’s probably a few between you and OCS but I’ve only got so much time to type .😉
  • What if I say it now? 🤔
  • It’s the battle of the bottom two.
  • It’s the battle of the bottom two.

Me and OCS? 😂🤣😂
  • Any bets on JW-P scoring from a free kick given away by Cresswell?

#yousawitherefirst
    ;)
  • I’d like to see:

Areola
    Coufal Zouma Aguerd Emerson
    Rice Paqueta Lanzini
    Bowen Scamacca Benrahma

Subs: Kehrer, Johnson, Downes, Soucek, Fornals, Ings, Cornet