SOUTHAMPTON (H) SUN 2ND APRIL 2PM

Comments

• Biggest match day for a long time. COYI
  • If Aguerd and Emerson are fit then I fully expect Moyes to start the same XI as against Villa with the exception of Coufal for Kehrer

If Emerson is unavailable then Cresswell will most likely start but Moyes could give Cornet a go.

If Aguerd is unavailable its a choice between Ogbonna and Kehrer - and fingers crossed its Oggy

Just noticed that Saints bought Paul Onuachu from Genk in January, he was top scorer in the Belgian Pro League last season and started both games against us in the Europa League but didn't score
  • Huge game, especially given yesterday's results. A win moves us up 5 places, anything less and things don't look great. A defeat drops us to the bottom of the table. Both sides will be under enormous pressure; Soton will be targeting points from this match nearly as much as we will be.

I just hope Emerson, Coufal and Aguerd are all fighting fit and available to start 🤞🤞🤞.

COYI ⚒⚒⚒
  • edited April 2023
    A win & we can look forward to Newcastle at home
    & Fulham (who have hit a bit of a rut) with some optimism.

Lose today & I don’t see how we can come back. Southampton are by far the worst side in this league.
  • edited April 2023
    Lukerz said:

Lose today & I don’t see how we can come back. Southampton are by far the worst side in this league.

I watched their last game and they played well at times, they never gave up ( you could argue Spurs threw it away ) but they weren’t as bad as that ( worst team by far ) IMO..
    Although today I really hope we are all agreeing at the end of the game that Southampton ARE the worst team in the league by far….
    Anything less than 3 points to The Irons won’t be clever….
    COYI ⚒️
  • Could hardly sleep last night ,this game is huge ,Come on Hammers lets get those 3points
  • edited April 2023
    Fabiański, Kehrer, Zouma, Aguerd, Emerson, Rice ©, Souček, Paquetá, Bowen, Benrahma, Ings
    Subs: Areola (GK), Cresswell, Coufal, Fornals, Antonio, Lanzini, Downes, Cornet, Ogbonna

Disappointed to see Fabianski come back in tbh, and very disappointed to see Kehrer starting at RB.
  • Kehrer oh dear ,
  • If Coufal is on the bench he should start
  • Lukerz said:

Unfortunately I think a loss will see a few players contacting agents to start planning moves away.
  • No Che Adams or Salisu

Sekou Mara up front (4th league start of the season) and Caleta-Car at the back (8th but wasn't even on the bench against Spurs)
  • Come on West Ham pleeeease!!!
  • I'm going for a 4-2 win. I just feel something in my bones.
  • Lukerz said:

Unfortunately I think a loss will see a few players contacting agents to start planning moves away.
    Then I wouldn’t want them at West Ham anyway. ⚒
  • I'm going for a 4-2 win. I just feel something in my bones.

You might have Hammeritis. There’s no cure. You just have to live with the pain for the rest of your life.

• Hope the players aren't as nervous as I am
  • A slow start...
  • edited April 2023
    2 weeks off and nowt has changed, on the back foot against bottom of the league.
  • This is fun, isn't it 😭
  • We cannot keep the ball..It's been poor......Rice needs help, which he's not getting at the moment....
  • Even the commentary is so boring.
  • This is tragic. Southampton just need one goal and the whole house will fall down.
  • The crowd have had enough
  • I can see he's onside from my house, what is taking them so long?
  • Flagged offside, but Aguerd looked on to me.
  • how do they even draw the lines ? are they going for the Lampard against Germany version of drawing the line ????
  • That took an age lol