Brentford again (away) FA Cup 3rd round, 5:30pm Saturday 7th January (not on TV)

For some reason its a teatime kick off despite BBC showing Sheffield Wednesday v Newcastle at 6pm. I'm guessing its something to do with overseas broadcasting

Its eight days since we lost at home but after stopping the rot at Leeds I'm going for another draw. I'm just hoping that Moyes doesn't decide to focus on the PL and Europa Conference by putting out the B team (do we even have a B team?)

Comments

• Areola
    Johnson - Aguerd - Ogbonna - Emerson
    Downes - Rice
    Fornals - Lanzini - Benrahma
    Antonio
  • Just to let you guys know that it's live on DSTV ( satellite tv ) here in S.A , so hopefully you will get a stream from somewhere, hope that helps...... <3
  • Respect the draw =)
  • edited January 2023
    Lukerz said:

Areola
    Johnson - Aguerd - Ogbonna - Emerson
    Downes - Rice
    Fornals - Lanzini - Benrahma
    Antonio

Lukerz is that your selection or the official line-up?
  • Probably Ex's. 😉
  • Just to let you guys know that it's live on DSTV ( satellite tv ) here in S.A , so hopefully you will get a stream from somewhere, hope that helps...... <3 </p>

The site I use has it listed so hopefully it will be shown and there will be other streams out there too. 🤞🤞🤞
  • Please use dedicated thread for help with where to watch the game.

Bubbles, I've moved your comment over :+1:
  • Fabiański, Johnson, Dawson, Ogbonna, Aguerd, Emerson, Rice ©, Souček, Paquetá, Bowen, Antonio
    Subs: Randolph (GK), Cresswell, Fornals, Downes, Benrahma, Kehrer, Coventry, Swyer, Mubama
  • Few missing
  • SCAMMA and Coufal injured as are Areola and Manu.
  • I know about coufal but what is the problems with the others
  • edited January 2023
    "Gianluca Scamacca, who scored his seventh goal of the season last time out, is not included in the matchday squad for Brentford due to a minor knock. Manuel Lanzini is also not involved for the same reason.

With Alphonse Areola also unavailable for Saturday’s trip to west London due to a knock....."

https://www.whufc.com/news/team-news-paqueta-aguerd-set-first-fa-cup-action
  • Scammaca seems to get a lot of random injuries that rule him out for 1 game

Also harsh on Downes, Soucek still for me hasn't done enough and think Downes deserves a shot
  • Thanks buffy
  • We'll win today as I'm out and can't watch it.
  • edited January 2023

Scammaca seems to get a lot of random injuries that rule him out for 1 game

Also harsh on Downes, Soucek still for me hasn't done enough and think Downes deserves a shot

I suspect it's one of those strategic knocks. Pretty sure he'll be fine for the Wolves game.

But yeah, the Downes thing is strange. If he's not good enough - particularly given Soucek's struggles - then I'm not sure why we signed him. Seems either Moyes’s judgement or our scouting reports are bang off.
  • Seems either Moyes’s judgement or our scouting reports are bang off - That has been a comment a lot of people have made.

• edited January 2023
    Toney and Mbuemo not on the bench, Brentford have definitely bit out the B team
  • When Downes has played he`s looked okay to me
  • edited January 2023

But yeah, the Downes thing is strange. If he's not good enough - particularly given Soucek's struggles - then I'm not sure why we signed him. Seems either Moyes’s judgement or our scouting reports are bang off.

The spiel when we signed him was that he was more one for the future than for this season; he wasn't quite at the level we needed just yet but he was close and the potential was there, so much so that we didn't want to miss out on him and so we moved for him quickly when it looked like he was going somewhere else. That was the vibe I got from initial articles about him and I think the way Moyes has used him so far is consistent with that.

• Saw Gillingham lose.
    Can't wait for the day to get worse =)
  • Toney got injured against us in the league game.

• But yeah, the Downes thing is strange. If he's not good enough - particularly given Soucek's struggles - then I'm not sure why we signed him. Seems either Moyes’s judgement or our scouting reports are bang off.

The spiel when we signed him was that he was more one for the future than for this season; he wasn't quite at the level we needed just yet but he was close and the potential was there, so much so that we didn't want to miss out on him and so we moved for him quickly when it looked like he was going somewhere else. That was the vibe I got from initial articles about him and I think the way Moyes has used him so far is consistent with that.

Yeah, I get the 'one for the future' bit, but we desperately needed reinforcements in midfield so I'd rather his fee went towards someone that was ready to go as an alternative to Rice and Soucek. As it is, both still play the majority of games - often despite their form (Soucek) - and we still don't have a recognised alternative DM that Moyes trusts.

Now that Moyes seems prepared to play Paqueta in a midfield two, the need might be less urgent, but Downes has done enough in the games he has played, IMO at least, to get a run in this side (and not on the right side of midfield which is where most of his games seem to have been).

Anyway, onto tonight.

Loss.
  • edited January 2023
    Nearly caught napping there by a simple run between Ogbonna and Dawson onto a ball played across the box, but fortunately their player couldn't really capitalise.
  • Shocking weather!

• MrsGrey said:

Shocking weather!

That'll be your weather soon enough, second thoughts?😂🤣😂
  • How we doing against Brentford reserves?
  • Hamstew said:

How we doing against Brentford reserves?

Time to get worried, we seem to be growing into the game.
  • MrsGrey said:

Shocking weather!

That'll be your weather soon enough, second thoughts?😂🤣😂
    Hopefully I won't have to be out and about in shorts and t shirt!
  • No way was that ball out, very poor by the lino there.