Brentford again (away) FA Cup 3rd round, 5:30pm Saturday 7th January (not on TV)

Comments

• Benrahma scores, Rice's challenge bound to be checked though.

Was a great tackle
  • Mental that

Paly the attacker who was arguably in the best form out of them all and the when he's introduced we immediately look better and he scores
  • Fornals and Downes on for Antonio and Paqueta.
  • Mental that

Paly the attacker who was arguably in the best form out of them all and the when he's introduced we immediately look better and he scores

He'll get dropped for this
  • Mental that

Moyes in the post-game presser when he's asked about Benrahma

• Mental that

Moyes in the post-game presser when he's asked about Benrahma

Well, he did just mess up that counter-attack. Should've played Bowen in, so that'll be enough.
  • There are times when I truly hate some people on this forum

The negativity is no longer amusing

• 1-0 FT 😊😊😊
  • When is the draw
  • It's the thing you never really see discussed on TV, how rules are applied differently in different parts of the pitch and to goalkeepers.

I think Benni is going to turn this around for us when he comes on.

I am taking this as an assist!
  • Wem-ber-lee :p
  • 1-0 FT 😊😊😊

We won a game of football? Yikes.

Hopefully that will give the boys some confidence ahead of Wolves, although this wasn't the same Brentford as the other day by all accounts.

But a win is a win, so we'll take it.

• We won our first game of 2023
  • Ok not exactly Brazil ‘71 but I’ll take that.
    Great to be in the draw for the next round.
    PaqueTAH doesn’t half get through some work.
  • First half was pretty hard to watch but better intent after half-time. I hope we can fit Fornals and Benrahma back into the team. I think if we want to start counter-attacking again, Fornals is key. He's the best at releasing forward runners quickly - Rice as well but needs to do it more.
  • Poor game though Benrahma scored a good goal. Hopefully, this win will restore confidence and we'll chalk up some EPL wins.
  • steve said:

When is the draw

According to the FA website, it will be tomorrow, probably just after 4pm, in the build-up to the City v Chelsea match.
  • thanks again buffy ,will look forward to it ,Home game would be nice
  • edited January 2023

There are times when I truly hate some people on this forum

The negativity is no longer amusing

Negativity? On here?
    Can’t say I’ve noticed it before.🤷🏻‍♂️

• I hope we can fit Fornals and Benrahma back into the team. I think if we want to start counter-attacking again, Fornals is key. He's the best at releasing forward runners quickly - Rice as well but needs to do it more.

4-3-3

Areola
    Coufal Zouma Aguerd Emerson
    Rice Paqueta Fornals
    Bowen Scamacca Benrahma

Once everyone's fit, this could quite easily be our starting eleven. Just not sure Moyes will ever play that midfield three from the off.
  • Couldn't watch this, so followed the thread. Sounded average again but......
    A win is a win.
    Delighted.
  • I think most people would say that was a really good substitution ( Benrhama) to send him on to get the winner.
    Better to be negative about it though eh?
  • My wife said i,m negative .to which I said been a west ham fan all my life.that explains it she said =)
  • Slacker said:

I think most people would say that was a really good substitution ( Benrhama) to send him on to get the winner.
    Better to be negative about it though eh?

I mean, I think it's fairly obvious that Outcast doesn't actually think that Benrahma will be dropped for scoring. And likewise I hope it was fairly obvious that I don't actually think that Moyes will be secretly furious that he scored.

It may not appeal to everyone's sense of humour, but I think it's pretty evident that things like this are tongue-in-cheek.
  • ASLEF, I'm "positive" that there are some on here who simply get frustrated with those who remain upbeat when it is apparent to them that all is not well with the club atm. We all have different mindsets on things & that is what makes the world a wonderful place.
  • edited January 2023
    Moyes record, FA Cup third round. Played 12. Won 10. (From BBC)
    Just sayin'.
    Not actually saying anything, just implying there's more than one side to every story.

#nocherrypicking
    #nuance
  • ASLEF, I'm "positive" that there are some on here who simply get frustrated with those who remain upbeat when it is apparent to them that all is not well with the club atm. We all have different mindsets on things & that is what makes the world a wonderful place.

Of course you’re right , but blimey you’ve got to admit that the negatitvnos on here do seem to hold the upper hand.
    It just gets a bit predictable on every match thread.
    Look, we’re not playing great and haven’t done for a while, but the constant criticism does get so boring.
    Some obviously more than others.

• MrsGrey said:

Moyes record, FA Cup third round. Played 12. Won 10. (From BBC)
    Just sayin'.
    Not actually saying anything, just implying there's more than one side to every story.

#nocherrypicking
    #nuance

Winning in the FACup third round, it's what he does (usually).
  • Stop your negativity now - we are not buying it, it's just project fear!

• I thought we were excellent yesterday evening. Admittedly I can only go by what I saw on MotD. I thought Benrahma's goal was excellent. I'm not sure about the rest of the match hahaha