West Ham v Brentford . Friday 30th December 19.45 GMT.

Comments

• I dont understand how DaSilva can make up such ground so quickly and Cresswell actually let him pass so easily. Wow
  • Saw loads of calls to drop Soucek, Fabianski and Cresswell after out horror form

He dropped Soucek, but the other 2 have directly contributed to the 2 goals

You make your own bed Mr Moyes
  • If anyone didnt think we were in a relegation scrap then surely they must do now. There are a lot of games in the near future against teams we need to take points off. If we continue like this then....
  • Game over. Brentford showing us how it should be done.

So annoyed I missed that rule change where the game ends after the second goal.
  • HT, and losing 2-0. Not good.
  • Performance has been ok between both boxes, slightly unlucky not to have at least a goal. Abysmal defending has cost us so far.
  • WHU, Do you really think if we lose this it will be the end for David Moyes?

I think they can only keep off the fan unrest / awful form for so long

We are 2-0 down to Brentford at home and sit 17th in the table with everyone else still to play this weekend, could well be bottom 3

So yes, eventually they'll have to make a decision which seems inevitable atm
  • Terrible defending. Plenty of possession but no bite. Need to go 2 at the top to have any chance of a point.
  • Something needs to change. This is getting predictable.
  • Performance is irrelevant. We need to get points now. Desperate times.
  • Defending an issue but so is our lack of decisiveness in the final third. need antonio on with scammaca
  • edited December 2022
    Mrs G remind me of the games this season or this calendar year we’ve come from 2 down to win or even draw.
  • Saw loads of calls to drop Soucek, Fabianski and Cresswell after out horror form

He dropped Soucek, but the other 2 have directly contributed to the 2 goals

You make your own bed Mr Moyes

Cresswell should have been a back up player and was one of the must needs to replace during the Summer window. Instead we got Emerson and obviously he didn't prove to be a buy that can start ahead of Cresswell or a considerable upgrade.

• 2 throw-ins, 2 touchs, 2 goals. Must be a record, unless they do it again in 2nd half.
  • edited December 2022
    Penalty for us.

I'm not sure, being checked by VAR obviously.

Free-kick just outside. Comes to nothing.
  • Poor by the ref there; a definite pull on the shirt by Rico Henry. Bowen got away and had a shot, but should definitely have been a card for Henry afterwards.
  • Must admit, I'm not enjoying watching West Ham play this season.
  • Antonio on for Emerson.
  • It's so bad!
  • Sums things up really, a good drive by Antonio ends uo with an airshot
  • We go down if there isn't a change it's as simple as that
  • Soucek on for Paqueta.
  • edited December 2022
    Our lowest point for a long time. Poor results and performances are happening too often.
    Change required.
  • edited December 2022
    0-2 FT

Dreadful 😭😭😭
  • edited December 2022
    He needs to realise that, just because he's made one change, or sometimes 2 (Paqueta and sometimes Scamacca) to our front 6 compared to last season (and often no or only one change to our back 4), that we're not going to suddenly be able to play at a much slower tempo and unpick defences even if we're dominating possession.
  • You have to ask why did we sign Scamacca? He's not exactly in the mould of Antonio. It's almost like another Haller.
  • Lukerz said:

You have to ask why did we sign Scamacca? He's not exactly in the mould of Antonio. It's almost like another Haller.

My guess is Moyes thought we'd be able to transition to a team that dominated possession AND were able to create decent opportunities against set defences, which just hasn't been the case.
  • Have we ever played well without Fornals on the pitch?
  • edited December 2022
    Areola
    Johnson - Dawson - Aguerd - Emerson
    Fornals - Rice - Paqueta
    Bowen - Scamacca - Benrahma

Let's get that side on the pitch for Leeds. We lose, that's probably it for Moyes.
  • Thank goodness 2022 is over. Worst calendar year for league games that I can remember for a long time and I’ve seen a few relegation seasons.