Pl games week of 14 Oct and midweek too.

Diop just scored for Fulham. Always pleased to see ex whu players doing well as long as it's not against us.

Comments

• 2-1 down though
  • Well done ex whu Gary ONiell
    😃
  • NF are truly awful, apart from the penalty, which they missed, I cannot see how they are going to score goals,, let alone gather any more points
  • NF are truly awful, apart from the penalty, which they missed, I cannot see how they are going to score goals,, let alone gather any more points

They still get to play us again
  • edited October 2022
    Lingard having a nightmare. He can't get a start and got twenty minutes today but still awarded the lowest score on the BBC match page. This is from the forest forum...

Lingard. No words can describe what a bad signing this appears to be. Offers nothing. In fact less than nothing. Absolute passenger who just can’t be bovvered

• It's possible his motivation would have been different if he was with us rather than a team that already seems doomed, but it certainly doesn't make you feel like we missed out on someone worth having.
  • We’re up to 13th
  • edited October 2022
    Forest coach Cooper is pathetic IMO… He seems to be moaning yet again about a referee, today , rookie ref Thomas Bramall who IMO had an excellent game…and got all big decisions correct..with VAR assistance…
    New contract awarded to Cooper means nothing IMO…. He is out his depth, long may it continue, but can’t see him improving them, I do hope the Forest owner keeps him.
  • Forest coach Cooper is pathetic IMO… He seems to be moaning yet again about a referee, today , rookie ref Thomas Bramall who IMO had an excellent game…and got all big decisions correct..with VAR assistance…
    New contract awarded to Cooper means nothing IMO…. He is out his depth, long may it continue, but can’t see him improving them, I do hope the Forest owner keeps him.

But what do you really think of him?😉
  • Slacker said:

Forest coach Cooper is pathetic IMO… He seems to be moaning yet again about a referee, today , rookie ref Thomas Bramall who IMO had an excellent game…and got all big decisions correct..with VAR assistance…

He has a face that looks like he’s been slapped around by a cold fish 🐟
  • Slacker said:

He has a face that looks like he’s been slapped around by a cold fish 🐟
    That's rather faceist. Or fishist. As you like. I give him credit for achieving what he has despite not having my classic looks (see picture of mountain)
  • edited October 2022
    How is that a penalty for Leeds? Ball is in keepers hands (actually, on review, at the keeper's feet before he picks it up) and there's an altercation between Bamford and Gabriel. Bamford starts it, I'm not saying that Gabriel might not get a card, but it's never a penalty, surely? Was given by the lino more than the ref.

VAR over-rules it (the penalty at least), and downgraded the red to a yellow.
  • I see Anthony 'Liverpool' Taylor is reffing the Liverpool/City game. Should be fine.
  • edited October 2022
    City score and VAR suggests Taylor looks at the monitor and he rules it out for a very marginal "foul"; Liverpool lucky with the decision as usual.
  • No. I'm no Liverpool fan, but it was a foul.

It just was.

If it was in the penalty area, it's a penalty.

High octane stuff, gotta say.
  • The Liverpool player's (Fabinho?) momentum took him over as he tried to turn; the slight holding of the shirt never took him over imo.
  • edited October 2022
    Poor free-kick by City, easily gathered by Allison, quick kick upfield and a mis-control by Cancelo puts Salah clear and unfortunately Liverpool take the lead.

We could do without facing Liverpool after them scoring 7 in the week and now possibly beating City.
  • Holding the shirt is a foul whether the player falls over or not. Haaland pulled his shirt because his control was poor.
  • Just the lift Liverpool needed before they play us
  • Holding the shirt is a foul whether the player falls over or not. Haaland pulled his shirt because his control was poor.

If every pull was penalised we'd have 20 penalties a game.
  • edited October 2022
    Klopp sent off 😊😊😊, rightly so, running up the toughline and berating the lino and the 4th official just because for once Liverpool don't get a decision he feels they should.

If every pull was penalised we'd have 20 penalties a game.
    Well, we should.

Would soon stop all the shirt pulling.

The argument about how many pens we'd have isn't, imo, a reason for not applying the rules of the game.
  • Not every shirt pull ends up with a goal.
  • Salah doing everything he can to goad Silva into taking a pop at him.
  • Klopp sent off 😊😊😊

Quite right

BUT,

Refs to blame for inconsistent application of the laws of the game

' let it flow ' = don't apply the rules fairly and consistently.

What does he thinks gonna happen?
  • MrsGrey said:

The argument about how many pens we'd have isn't, imo, a reason for not applying the rules of the game.

No, but it does mean there's a lack of consistency, as the ref didn't give the foul originally, so it was marginal at best; is it OK to not apply the rules for all other shirt grabbing then?
  • Koop should have been sent off as he lost his rag, shockingly I know but in his defence, the foul on Salah was pretty blatant
  • Passionate stuff indeed and a good watch/advert for the game, just cannot help wondering what either of these two would do to us on this form
  • MrsGrey said:

No, but it does mean there's a lack of consistency, as the ref didn't give the foul originally, so it was marginal at best; is it OK to not apply the rules for all other shirt grabbing then?
    Are you saying the ref saw it decided to let it go, and then once the goal was scored seized on it to disallow the goal?

I didn't see it like that.

This discussion has been closed.