Pl games week of 14 Oct and midweek too.

Comments

• chicago, We will find out on Wednesday. 😬
  • edited October 2022
    Very disappointing for Liverpool to turn their season around just before playing us, although at least we won't have to look at Klopp's smug mug on the touchline.
  • Eurgh. Hate them reds.
  • Passionate stuff indeed and a good watch/advert for the game, just cannot help wondering what either of these two would do to us on this form

We’ll find out in a few days.
    In Steve we trust.
  • set the alarm for our game and also for Liverpools. However, after a very late night, I started to drift off and saw Fodens goal plus assumed they were 1-0 up. Woke up again just before MO Salah Mo Salahs goal and still through half open eyes assumed it was at least 1-1 :)

So to find out the reality and now the defeat of the dreaded machine makes it a great Sunday! 4 points behind Arsenal is at this moment nowhere near enough though.

I dont think this win affects us playing them in any positive way. They were boosted by the Rangers and the Bournemouth results and that didnt ignite them. I think if anything it'll be harder for them to get up for us after playing City. They have Matip, Konate, Diaz and now Jota injured with TAA most likely not 100% allied to leaving a lot on the pitch today. I think its probably as good a time as any to play them (and hope some of our own CBs are fit)

#Whispers and hides... I love Jurgen Klopp!!!
  • edited October 2022
    Bazshuayi said:

#Whispers and hides... I love Jurgen Klopp!!!

Where's the fish slap emoji when you really need it?
  • Baz I get confused. When you talk about us and them, which is which in your mind. 😉
  • steve said:

Just the lift Liverpool needed before they play us

Getting the excuses in early Steve 😜….
    U getting me worried now ….
    Anyhow COYI ⚒️⚒️⚒️
  • Just seen the Chilwell 'tackle' against Villa that only saw him get yellow.

If that was a Villa player on a Chelsea player, I have absolutely no doubt it would have been red.
  • Watching MotD2, did anyone else spot this child's reaction to Saka's goal?

They start them young in Leeds...

• All games this week on prime 😩 🤦‍♂️
  • Ravel49 said:

All games this week on prime 😩 🤦‍♂️

8.99 for a month I think if you can't get a free trial.
  • edited October 2022
    So, The ref in the Brighton game blows the whistle for a player sitting down on the pitch.

Not a head injury.

The ball hadn't gone out of play.

This happens all the time and it's blatantly obvious, EVERY time, that it isn't necessary. And every week it irritates the heck out of fans. Not to mention the team in possession and attacking.

For all the opprobrium refs attract, this one thing is an easy fix. Why oh why doesn't the refs association just issue a guideline not to do it.

I cannot fathom why this hasn't been sorted.
  • The refs should ignore it but teams indirectly pester them by standing around waving their arms and virtually not playing. If refs had the bottle to wave play on and a goal was scored it would soon stop.

• You're welcome.
  • https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/63352901

So the straight red card given in the Villa game is overturned on appeal.

The card was for a headbut.

Surely that is an abject failure of VAR?

• The whole thing is a mess &, for me, needs to go. It’s been in the game long enough now for these things not to happen. Oliver was sent to look at the monitor, which didn’t work, & then viewed it once on an iPad & made his mind up. When I watched the replay, it looked like two players bumping chests. I couldn’t see any clear evidence Luiz head-butted Mitrovic.
  • VAR for offside only.

Most refs are poor so what happens when you put two refs together? That's right, it gets even poorer.
  • Nah, burn it.
  • IF Luiz had stayed on the pitch would Villa have lost, would Gerrard still be in a job & why can’t they use VAR to review players conning the referees like Mitrovic did on Thursday?
  • Red cards are checked.
  • edited October 2022
    Lukerz said:

The whole thing is a mess &, for me, needs to go. It’s been in the game long enough now for these things not to happen. Oliver was sent to look at the monitor, which didn’t work, & then viewed it once on an iPad & made his mind up. When I watched the replay, it looked like two players bumping chests. I couldn’t see any clear evidence Luiz head-butted Mitrovic.

I thought there was a chest bump, then a head-butt (albeit not a particularly strong one, but definitely a head to head movement entirely by Luiz imo); really surprised it's been overturned tbh
  • edited October 2022

IF Luiz had stayed on the pitch would Villa have lost, would Gerrard still be in a job & why can’t they use VAR to review players conning the referees like Mitrovic did on Thursday?

Villa were already 1-0 down when Luiz got sent off but the ref didn't see the "head butt" and it was VAR that awarded the red card

VAR is a FIFA thing, used in 68 leagues across the world and in every major international competition.

As Stoic philosopher Zeno of Citium said...

"Once you accept that you have no power over natural events and VAR you will find comfort"

Or something like that
  • Mitrovic will hopefully find karma catches up with him at a later date as he has previous for what he did & this is the second red card incident which he has been involved in which has been rescinded.
  • Slacker said:

Nah, burn it.

If they can automate VAR for offsides, like goal line tech, then great. That’s the only way I see it working
  • VAR works for offside.
This discussion has been closed.