FULHAM (H) SUN OCT 9TH

So looks like i am still around ,Must come as a surprise to some.Not lest my grandmother ,may she rest in peace ,Who turned to my mother when i was about 10 and said ,That boy wont amount to anything ,And yet here i am writing another match thread for the best football site out there.Guess i showed her ,But i digress ,Next up is Fulham who will be without Chalobah after his red card ,Mitrovic went off injured so fingers crossed he may be missing .3 more points on the table and more respect for me .Oh yes i messed up the time of the Anderlecht game ,So for this one work it out yourselves .Think it could be 4 wine oclock for Mrs Grey.

Comments

• Forget the points, we need to stay unbeaten just to keep steve's match thread run going.
  • I'm going Sunday so this is the last you'll see a Steve match thread unfortunately.
  • Been impressed everytime ive seen Downes, for me he starts but I suspect that Soucek keeps his spot after a better showing at the weekend and resting tonight

Fab
    Kehrer Dawson Zouma Cresswell
    Downes Rice Pacqueta
    Bowen Scamacca Fornals

Would like to see this, Benrahma, Antonio and Soucek are good options to have on the bench should we need it
  • Been impressed everytime ive seen Downes, for me he starts but I suspect that Soucek keeps his spot after a better showing at the weekend and resting tonight

Fab
    Kehrer Dawson Zouma Cresswell
    Downes Rice Pacqueta
    Bowen Scamacca Fornals

Would like to see this, Benrahma, Antonio and Soucek are good options to have on the bench should we need it

I agree although I’d rather play someone else instead of Fornals. Eg Cornet (if fit) or Benrahama or Antonio (although this limits us from the bench if he starts).
  • Agree re Fornals. He's a good player but he's having one of his difficult patches.
  • I’ve got a sneaky feeling that things are about to click and that we are going to give someone a real pasting, could just be this lot …….
  • edited October 2022
    Fabianski
    Kehrer - Dawson - Zouma - Cresswell
    Soucek - Rice
    Bowen - Paqueta - Emerson
    Scamacca

Areola, Ogbonna, Coufal, Johnson, Downes, Fornals, Lanzini, Benrahma, Antonio

(providing Cornet is out)

Is what I’d go. I don’t think Fornals or Benrahma have done enough this season to start. I think Emerson can play as a LW option but gives us flexibility to switch to a back 3/5 if we need to. There is a case for Downes to start over Soucek but don’t think he will. I imagine Fornals will play LM.
  • edited October 2022
    Fulham are 4th worst for goals conceded, only beaten for generosity by Bournemouth, Forest and Leicester. They've only kept one clean sheet and that was against Wolves!

Mitrovic will be a big miss as he's scored 6 of Fulham's 13 goals. The only other out-and-out striker is Carlos Vinícius who joined from Benfica on deadline day

Vinicius did spend 20/21 season on loan at Spurs, scored a hat trick against Marine in the FA Cup 3rd round but managed only 9 Premier League appearances and scored once against Villa

While Chalobah is suspended for the red card he was only in the starting XI against Newcastle because Joao Palhinha collected his 5th yellow against Forest

RB Kenny Tete and LB Antonee Robinson both missed the Newcastle game with injuries, replacement LB Layvin Kurzawa hobbled off at the end of the first half and was replaced by our old friend Issa Diop.

Willian also missed Newcastle with a knock. If he's not fit then either Daniel James (3 starts) or Neeskens Kebano (5 starts) will likely start alongside Pereira and Cordova-Reed

Best guess...

Leno
    Mbabu Adarabioyo Diop Ream
    Reed Palhinha
    ?????? Pereira Cordova-Reed
    Vinicius
  • Moyes confirms Cornet out with a calf strain, although says it's not as bad as feared:

"Maxel will not be available for the game. He's got a small calf strain. I don't think it's as bad as we first feared, but it will keep him out for a few days.
    "Elsewhere, we've got a few knocks and niggles but hopefully we'll be okay by the time we get to Sunday's game"

https://www.whufc.com/news/it-happened-david-moyes-pre-fulham-press-conference
  • Mitrovic is a doubt. Seemed to damage ligaments on international duty (minor) then came back & played v Newcastle & aggravated something. Silva says he may not be risked this week but they’ll see.
  • Win this & it’s 2 defeats in 10 (one being Chelsea away). We can probably start to switch our mentality from underwhelmed to potentially exciting. Fulham won’t be easy, especially if Mitrovic plays. They will have lots of the ball & they counter really well.
  • The thing I'm worried about is that Lawro Mark2 (see what I did there =) ) aka Chris Sutton has us down for a 2-1 win. We all know where that goes.
  • Sutton must have heard i was doing the match thread .Even he wont bet against me =)
  • Lukerz said:

Win this & it’s 2 defeats in 10 (one being Chelsea away). We can probably start to switch our mentality from underwhelmed to potentially exciting.

I've been there a while now. 😎
  • Fabiański, Kehrer, Dawson, Zouma, Cresswell, Rice (c), Souček, Bowen, Lucas Paquetá, Fornals, Scamacca
    Subs: Areola (GK), Ogbonna, Johnson, Coufal, Emerson, Downes, Lanzini, Benrahma, Antonio
  • no Mitrovic for Fulham
  • either Daniel James (3 starts) or Neeskens Kebano (5 starts) will likely start alongside Pereira and Cordova-Reed

Best guess...

Leno
    Mbabu Adarabioyo Diop Ream
    Reed Palhinha
    ?????? Pereira Cordova-Reed
    Vinicius

Toneee Robinson has recovered from injury, Kebano starts at LB instead on Mbabu, James on the right

Fulham starting XI

Leno
    Kebano Adarabioyo Ream Robinson
    Reed Palhinha
    James Pereira Cordova-Reed
    Vinicius

Mitrovic and Willian both missing

Bookies have us 1-0, 2-0 or 2-1 win and 1-1 draw all around 8/1,

3-1or 3-0 win and 1-1 or 2-2 draw at 14/1.

Fulham to win 1-0 at 18/1

COYI
  • Kehrer now perm right back ?
  • Come on you irons
  • Sorry Fabianski can't be beaten from there
  • Sorry Fabianski can't be beaten from there

Wanna bet 😁
  • Another rash challenge from Kehrer to give them a free kick in a dangerous area.
  • We need to wake up or the game will be done by half time.
  • Scamacca went for the wrong corner there, should be 1-1
  • Scamacca went for the wrong corner there, should be 1-1

Tony Gale said he did exactly the right thing to go back across the keeper.
  • i thought we addressed the pace issue over the window but it seems all over the pitch we look half a yard off. Fulham have that yard of pace and seem to ghost past the midfield way to often.
  • Bowen from the spot!
  • Well deserved that, scamacca with two really close chances