FULHAM (H) SUN OCT 9TH

Comments

• MIAHammer said:

Scamacca went for the wrong corner there, should be 1-1

Tony Gale said he did exactly the right thing to go back across the keeper.
    9 times out of 10 you should go across the keeper as there’s more chance of it coming back out to a teammate. There are exceptions though, I think that might be one but benefit of hindsight really. Instinct should always be across goal.
  • edited October 2022
    Tony Gale called it earlier, Fulham don't have much height so Pereira (5'10") was left marking Dawson (6' 2") and he knew he couldn't match him
  • Soucek looks better when he can close the midfielders higher up the pitch things seem to bounce off him kindly into another West Ham shirts path.
  • West Ham 1-1 Fulham
    42: SHOT! Just as I was hailing Paqueta as the next Di Canio, he sends an awful shot over the bar and into Car Park D of the Westfield shopping centre.

🤣
  • I am also probably to blame, just started to think that Paqueta was looking really useful and then he blazes it into row HH
  • Slow start to be sure but overall I think the HT result is fair, Scamacca really should have scored as he had a couple of really good chances, especially the second one.

On balance I think we will edge this one

COYI
  • Good to see the ref giving a penalty for that.About time imo.

• On balance I think we will edge this one

I think we all know what will happen next.

• Looks like Dawson may have to come off
  • A cross from the right by Kehrer, with his left foot. Hmmmmmmm
  • Following Aslef with "taciturn", here's my word to sum up West Ham's style of play - "ponderous".
    This must be down to Moyes.
  • If you need 27 replays it’s not clear and obvious 🤦‍♂️ Decision should be a lot quicker.
  • What, they've reached a decision. Just enough time for me to have painted the lounge 😁
  • Luis Boa Morte on the Fulham bench
  • Is he more massive than West Ham?
  • No, that would be Benni McCarthy.
  • edited October 2022
    Scamacca had his back to the player playing him on so was probably amazed that he was judged to be onside, ironically that probably resulted him in being so casual.

He is also literally the only person who knows if it was handball, for me, even if it did brush his arm, there was no benefit gained as the ball did not seem to change direction one iota, so the decision seems solid.

To deny the goal purely on suspicion would have been a travesty.
  • Need to freshen things up - Antonio, Benni at the minimum.
  • The Fulham goalkeeper signalled he thought it was handball straight away and Scamacca clearly thought it was going to be disallowed. Offside? Handball? Only he knows
  • Don’t care, lord knows we’ve had our share of dodgy var decisions.
  • That was really lazy by Antonio there
  • Really pleased for him, bit of fortune about it but he made it happen in typical Antonio style
  • Scoreline a bit flattering to us but we probably deserved that.
  • @ 15/1 for £3 I'm not complaing 😁😁😁
    MIAHammer said:

Scoreline a bit flattering to us but we probably deserved that.

• I’m giving myself MOM for this one.
    When they scored I said to the dog “We’re still gonna win this Arch”, Just before the second goal I told him “Scamacca’s gonna score in a minute “

You’re welcome.
  • both those goals could have been disallowed on another day.
  • A bit scrappy and lucky but a win is a win. Onwards and upwards.
  • both those goals could have been disallowed on another day.

But they weren’t though eh?🎉