Never was a penalty run up more deserving of a miss

Comments

• You have a short memory

• edited April 2022
    Alzheimer's?

BTW how poor is Tavares?

Absolute screamer from Xhaka!!!
  • edited April 2022
    That was disgusting by Fernandes. Surely a red for that, studs up.
  • Little quiz at the bottom here, I only got 12 but would have got two more if only I could spell their names!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61202500
  • Frankfurt drew 2-2 at home today to the 8th placed team (they are 9th).

Leipzig lost 2-1 at home to Union Berlin.
  • Lukerz said:

Leipzig lost 2-1 at home to Union Berlin.

Union are currently 6th. The goals for Union came in the 86th and 89th minute, scored by players who were subbed on in the 85th. Talk about game-changing subs. 🤔😉
  • Spuds dive a lot for a change
  • Spurs only draw at Brentford, a good weekend for Arsenal
  • Spurs didn't have a single shot on target.

#dire
  • MrsGrey said:

Spurs didn't have a single shot on target.

#dire

In two games
  • MrsGrey said:

Spurs didn't have a single shot on target.

#dire

long may it continue
  • Just heard that half of Surrey is on suicide watch following MU’s match yesterday. O.o
  • Just heard that half of Surrey is on suicide watch following MU’s match yesterday. O.o

Nah, that'll be when the chavs lose to the massive 'ammers =)
  • Everton are pretty nervous right now 😊
  • Richarlison is a disgrace
  • Ref needs to go into the changing rooms and tell the teams that play can only be stopped if he says so and that he will book any player who deliberately tries to bring play to a halt.
    He kept play going when Richarlison went down but Everton made sure it was stopped.
    He first went down with a supposed head injury so I think they should adopt the rugby rules whereby the player must leave the field to be assessed. If he genuinely had a delayed affect from heading the ball then I doubt he would have been ok to continue so quickly afterwards.
  • The only thing that makes me want Everton to stay up is the rumour that we’ll go after Michael Keane if they go down. He’s one of the worst CBs in the league. The fact he’s played for England is a joke.
  • alderz said:

The only thing that makes me want Everton to stay up is the rumour that we’ll go after Michael Keane if they go down. He’s one of the worst CBs in the league. The fact he’s played for England is a joke.

Hopefully it isn't true at all, for two reasons; 1. It's Michael Keane and 2. It would mean we're only going for him because he'd be cheaper than other options.
  • OCS, I reckon you got G&S attention at “cheaper”!
  • Why wasn't that a red card for richarlison kicking Henderson?

• Leeds would be a worry now. Tough fixture schedule & Everton do have 3 winnable games against Brentford (home), Watford (away) & Palace (home). Burnley have a reasonable last few games too.
  • Any of the three going would be fine by me, but Everton would be the absolute best
  • alderz said:

The only thing that makes me want Everton to stay up is the rumour that we’ll go after Michael Keane if they go down. He’s one of the worst CBs in the league. The fact he’s played for England is a joke.

Probably agree, but tbh there were a few or more on here miffed at signing Dawson, think he’s proved a fair few wrong 😉
  • alderz said:

Probably agree, but tbh there were a few or more on here miffed at signing Dawson, think he’s proved a fair few wrong 😉
    The difference for me is that Dawson has always been an ‘unfashionable’ player in relegation scraps. I thought he just was a pointless signing and a bit underwhelming.

Michael Keane cost Everton £30m and has played for England, yet every other week he drops an absolute clanger!
  • Keane is trying his best to single-handedly relegate them he's been so bad. He's like the CB version of Roberto.
  • With regard to the Everton non-penalties, does anyone else think Gordon diving in the first incident (booked) must have influenced the referee when deciding on the second 'penalty'. I know referees are not supposed to be influenced like that, but they are only human! I would like to think this will reduce diving but I won't hold my breath.
    Also funny hearing Frank moaning about not getting penalties at a 'big six' club. As if I that would ever happen.......... 😂
  • With regard to the Everton non-penalties, does anyone else think Gordon diving in the first incident (booked) must have influenced the referee when deciding on the second 'penalty'. I know referees are not supposed to be influenced like that, but they are only human!

Salah still gets penalties, so I'd say no.
  • There is a report today saying Everton have had half of all the yellow cards given for simulation this season.
  • With regard to the Everton non-penalties, does anyone else think Gordon diving in the first incident (booked) must have influenced the referee when deciding on the second 'penalty'. I know referees are not supposed to be influenced like that, but they are only human! I would like to think this will reduce diving but I won't hold my breath.
    Also funny hearing Frank moaning about not getting penalties at a 'big six' club. As if I that would ever happen.......... 😂

Regardless of that VAR failed by not overturning the referees decision.
  • MIAHammer said:

With regard to the Everton non-penalties, does anyone else think Gordon diving in the first incident (booked) must have influenced the referee when deciding on the second 'penalty'. I know referees are not supposed to be influenced like that, but they are only human! I would like to think this will reduce diving but I won't hold my breath.

Regardless of that VAR failed by not overturning the referees decision.
    Maybe PGMOL were trying to even things out in the title race as last month they failed to give Everton a blatant penalty against Man City ;)