Other matches Sat 23rd - Thursday 28th April

Comments

• I've just seen this disallowed penalty and it reminded me very much of the Vardy 'get in front / across the defender so he has to run into you' variety. No pen for me.
  • I think Dawson is a slightly better version of Upson - & ahead of him in terms of leadership/dedication .
  • edited April 2022
    It's a really hard decision to call for a ref as the deciding factor is so marginal, it being did he have enough space to reasonably cross in front of the other player. The Ref effectively has to decide whether it was deliberate or not and that's hard to judge. He draws the contact, the contact is the foul but he dictated the defender couldn't avoid him. It has it's own name 'The Vardy penalty' and it's the ref's nightmare, give it and the ref got played, refuse it and he is ignoring contact that would normally be a stonewall penalty, all on the grounds of the attacker drew the contact.
  • I don’t think any of the Everton claims were penalties, personally.
  • MIAHammer said:

Regardless of that VAR failed by not overturning the referees decision.

I guess Darren England (VAR) didn't think it was a penalty either
  • VAR can only try to persuade the ref to look at it again if they think he’s made an error. As the ref took his time to decide it wasn’t a penalty the VAR ref obviously must have thought it wasn’t an obvious error.
  • City haven't wasted any time hahaha
  • Oh my giddy aunt 2-0
  • Cracking game.I swear that first half was only 20 minutes long.
  • How have City only scored 2 so far? Another great double chance at the start of the second half.
  • How have City only scored 2 so far? Another great double chance at the start of the second half.

Finally get the 3rd.
  • And they get a second.
  • 3-2 now, City twice get a 2 goal lead and twice concede to keep RM in it.
  • Such an open game I can't see it finishing at 3-2.
  • Comms praising Fernandinho's pass for city's 3rd but really wasn't the talking points the utterly terrible defending?
  • this will make them want Rice even more :(
  • Brilliant fourth from City, and a great assist by the ref 👏
  • Very good advantage by the ref. 4-2
  • Penalty to Real now
  • 4-3. How cool was Benzema.
  • Harsh penalty in some respects, off the defender's head onto his arm, but they seem to be given recently.

4-3 now.
  • Cray Cray this game
  • 0-0 second leg incoming
  • City will no doubt be disappointed to only take a one goal lead to Madrid next week, but at least it's a lead.
  • Wow, what a game of football.Could’ve been 7-4 or something.

It put me in mind of that 0-0 against West Brom under the lights at Upton Park a few years ago.
  • edited April 2022
    Well, that was boring! =)
  • I went to see Brentwood Town beat Stowmarket Town 2-1 in the Isthmian League North Division Play Off Semi Final in front off 897 fans. They will now play away to Canvey Island to see who gets promoted to the Isthmian Premier.

COYB
  • I wonder how many times yellow submarine will be mentioned tonight?
  • As much as winning the quadruple would be an achievement, I'm not sure I could put up with the never ending talk about it, it would drive me insane.