• Johnson our man of the match .
  • steve said:

Johnson our man of the match .

Easily
  • How was that not a foul on Johnson?
  • There are a few of their places that are absolute pieces of work
  • What just happend
  • Bit of argy bargy as Rice tries to pick a sevilla player off the floor

Gotta keep our heads here, 1-0 is still a good position to be in taking back to ours

A rash sending off would be a big blow
  • Appalling time-wasting
  • Some of their players may be back next week. Without Bowen we don’t pose much of a threat.
  • I just don't see us causing them much of a threat next week.
  • Masuaku on for Fornals...who wasn't very good
  • It will be hard to break them down
  • 1-0 down going into the home leg is not a bad result. We’re definitely still in this.
  • Going to be very very tough and will need something special.
  • Let’s try to be positive
  • alderz said:

1-0 down going into the home leg is not a bad result. We’re definitely still in this.

We are, but we need to be so much better in the final third. Fornals and Vlasic were poor tonight. Antonio didn't really get a sniff other than his first half air shot.

I think Sevilla's experience will see them through. Another 1-0 defeat wouldn't surprise me at all.
  • All over

Had the chances to score but AGAIN....our attacking player just aren't burying EASY chances....its maddening

Vlasic, Lanzini, Fornals, Benrahma....put their names in a hat and pick two at random because at the moment none are contributing enough, they ALL need to step up, one of then surely can grab a position by the horns

But we ltake the 1 goal down, can see us turning it over, but obviously it'll be very difficult

Atm struggling to see the goals coming from open play
  • perhaps we should give them some Lasagna =)
  • Carlton still so cool B)
  • All over

Had the chances to score but AGAIN....our attacking player just aren't burying EASY chances....its maddening

It really is. Should have had at least two draws from the last two games, but our finishing means it's two defeats.

Frustrating, but the hope is there that we'll eventually click and give someone a good hiding.
  • Close game and Sevilla deservedly with the 1-0 win so far. Shame about some of their time wasting and feigning of injuries though, which will probably be even more apparent next week.

Rice played the correct deep role tonight but I’d like to see him making a few box to box runs next week. Also maybe Benrahama to start after doing well off the bench.
  • edited March 2022
    So far March hasn’t been a good month for us. 3 games and 3 defeats. Don’t want us to go through the whole month in that vein.

• Also maybe Benrahama to start after doing well off the bench.

Think we say this every week but with whoever it was that was on the bench, not just Benrahma

Our sub attacking midfielder is always the one who does the most, whoever it is

• alderz said:

Let’s try to be positive

Don’t be daft.

• Such poor goal to give away, I'm still cheesed off by the dumb defending giving away the free kick. But we're still in it.
  • alderz said:

The commentator just pronounced “foot” to rhyme with “boot” and that’s up there with one of the strangest things I’ve heard a commentator say

It goes along with Ian Darke saying "Sevilla, all in white".
    Except for those pesky red stripes on the front of their shirts. ;)
  • I’m really surprised that people seem to think this is done.
  • alderz said:

I’m really surprised that people seem to think this is done.

I’m not.

• Also maybe Benrahama to start after doing well off the bench.

Think we say this every week but with whoever it was that was on the bench, not just Benrahma

Our sub attacking midfielder is always the one who does the most, whoever it is

But that sub is sent on to just go for it.
  • I thought we did really well this evening and but for a terrible lapse at a set piece we would have deservedly earned a draw. I feel had Bowen been playing we may have caused more problems and even scored as we did have a couple of chances. Our problem is we have no real threat in front of goal as Antonio is our of form and with no Bowen we have nothing to worry them.

We have kept the tie alive however and if Bowen is back and an atmosphere that will match any that stadium has seen we do have a chance. In some respect it may serve us being behind as Moyes can sometimes be too defensive against what he perceives as top teams but now he has to go at them from the first whistle.

Special mentions
    Johnson very good this evening
    Zouma so uncomplicated but very assured

Vlasik just lacking threat
    Fornals really poor this evening.