Sevilla v West Ham Utd 10th March 17:45

edited March 2022 in Match Threads
A man's got to go what a man's got to do. My record isn't great but hey, it's got to get better.

Comments

• Already started on the Spanish wine ,Really looking forward to this one .Fingers crossed for Rice and Bowen ,Going to have to be at our best .Same kind of commitment as the Liverpool game Bodys on the line and all that kind of stuff .safe flight guys and bring back a draw or win
  • Omg it's happening it's really happening!
  • Steve: Already started on the Spanish wine.

Damn, you beat me to it - mine's a Rioja varietal, and very nice too. =)
  • I've got a plastic litre and a half bottle of village 🍷

It's not great, I have to be honest. But I'm supporting my local farmers.
  • I just hope we get out a strong eleven in both games. This is what we want, time to stand up and be counted
  • Any wine is better then no wine Mrs Grey
  • If we lose to Seville, oranges will not be my favourite fruit anymore.
  • This is the match of the season so far and we have to throw everything at this match. I actually think we could do ok as the two legs, and being away first could play massively into our favour as we are best on the counter and Sevilla will know they must take some kind of lead back to the London Stadium, so will need to come onto us. If we can keep them out or even nick something on the counter they could have troubles back at our place.

Bowen a great loss but I guess an outside chance he may feature if there realy is no real damage. I am properly excited for this one.
  • Isn't it Sevilla not Seville
  • Biggest game since the 2006 Cup final for me. Just love seeing the C and B in the latter stages of a European tournament. Bowen will be a big miss but we can nick something if we can replicate our European performances so far. Can't wait.
  • I was just reading a sevilla forum and they are saying they have virtually a whole team out with injuries and suspensions. Delaney suspended and Lamela not registered for the later stages of the tournament.
  • Someone will have to change the Seville to Sevilla
  • I'm still trying to work out when Kiev became Kyiv so hang on with the Seville / Sevilla one. 😳
  • Herb, in case you're being serious, the Ukrainian name for their capital is Kyiv (Romanicised of course), Kiev is the Russian name.
    Likewise, Sevilla is the Spanish spelling.

Similar to Lisbon being the English name for Lisboa.
  • BND, I was being partially serious. So do we keep calling Lisboa Lisbon until Spain invades Portugal? 🤷‍♂️
  • So can we call Rocky Balboa, Rocky Balbon?🤔
  • The Athletic reckon Bowen will miss this one
  • We need Rice back
  • Better Bowen misses this one then the second leg
  • So can we call Rocky Balboa, Rocky Balbon?🤔

You're just being silly now =)
  • Sevilla are currently 2nd in La Liga and they've only lost four times since November.

0-1 Dinamo Zagreb Europa League play off 24 Feb
    1-2 Real Betis Copa del Rey 16 Jan
    0-1 Red Bull Salzburg Champions League 8 Dec
    1-2 Real Madrid La Liga 28 Nov

This is not going to be easy...

Danish DM Thomas Delaney got two yellows in the last game against Dinamo Zagreb so I guess he's suspended
  • edited March 2022
    They are decent but I think the strength of the Spanish league is questionable. Just my opinion.
    The worst thing we can do is treat these with too much respect I think.
    If they were playing any of the big six (except spurs and maybe Man U) personally I'd expect them to struggle.
  • Sevilla are up there with Real Madrid / Barcelona / Atletico Madrid. Those 4 consistently finish top 4 after that its a free for all.
  • edited March 2022
    2020 they beat Inter Milan
    2016 they beat Liverpool
    2015 they beat Dnipro
    2014 they beat Benfica
    2007 they beat Barcelona
    2006 they beat Middlesbrough

They have a pretty strong record in the EL and regularly feature in the CL

This tie is going to be difficult.

• Their experience in the competition is definitely their strongest attribute. Our players need to not be intimidated by the occasion.
  • Sevilla are currently 2nd in La Liga and they've only lost four times since November.

0-1 Dinamo Zagreb Europa League play off 24 Feb
    1-2 Real Betis Copa del Rey 16 Jan
    0-1 Red Bull Salzburg Champions League 8 Dec
    1-2 Real Madrid La Liga 28 Nov

This is not going to be easy...

Danish DM Thomas Delaney got two yellows in the last game against Dinamo Zagreb so I guess he's suspended

Liverpool are currently 2nd in the Premier League and have only lost twice in ALL competitions this season.

2-3 West Ham United
    0-1 Leicester

It isn't going to be easy but overall it is doable.

COYI
  • Two shots two goals. For us. Then it's down to the defence. I'm all excited about this, like a kid again =)
  • They won't take us lightly as I have no doubt they watched the Liverpool match and saw we caused problems to one of the top six sides in Europe so we can certainly cause them problems.

I think we can get something from the away leg but I would still consider it a good outcome if we took them back to the London Stadium with no more than a one goal deficit. If the tie is still in play the atmosphere at our place will be quite something.
  • Is the game on tv?
  • BT Sport I think?