Other matches Sat 5th - Thurs 10th March

Us and Leeds; two teams with one striker

The difference is that Antonio hasn't been injured this season while Bamford has only made 8 appearances this season and we're 5th while they're 16th

Comments

• Harvey Barnes has a really long nose
  • Hamstew said:

Harvey Barnes has a really long nose

So does Albrighton, so much so that his nickname is Concorde. =)
  • I'm surprised he isn't offside more often with that nose.
  • Brentford winning away vs Norwich

Huge result for Brentford is they can hold on, they've been an a sharp downward trajectory

• Ah no! young blade! That was a trifle short!
    You might have said at least a hundred things
    By varying the tone. . .like this, suppose,. . .

Aggressive: 'Sir, if I had such a nose I'd amputate it!'

Friendly: 'When you sup It must annoy you, dipping in your cup; You need a drinking-bowl of special shape!'

Descriptive: ''tis a rock!. . .a peak!. . .a cape! --A cape, forsooth! 'Tis a peninsular!'

Curious: 'How serves that oblong capsular? For scissor-sheath? Or pot to hold your ink?'

Gracious: 'You love the little birds, I think? I see you've managed with a fond research
    To find their tiny claws a roomy perch!'

Truculent: 'When you smoke your pipe. . .suppose that the tobacco-smoke spouts from your nose-- Do not the neighbours, as the fumes rise higher, Cry terror-struck: "The chimney is afire"?'

Considerate: 'Take care,. . .your head bowed low by such a weight. . .lest head o'er heels you go!'

Tender: 'Pray get a small umbrella made, Lest its bright colour in the sun should fade!'

Pedantic: 'That beast Aristophanes names Hippocamelelephantoles must have possessed just such a solid lump of flesh and bone, beneath his forehead's bump!'

Cavalier: 'The last fashion, friend, that hook? To hang your hat on? 'tis a useful crook!'

Emphatic: 'No wind, O majestic nose, can give THEE cold!--save when the mistral blows!'

Dramatic: 'When it bleeds, what a Red Sea!'

Admiring: 'Sign for a perfumery!'

Lyric: 'Is this a conch?. . .a Triton you?'

Simple: 'When is the monument on view?'

Rustic: 'That thing a nose? Marry-come-up! 'tis a dwarf pumpkin or a prize turnip!'

Military: 'Point against cavalry!'

Practical: 'Put it in a lottery!

Assuredly 'twould be the biggest prize!'

Or. . .parodying Pyramus' sighs. . .
    'Behold the nose that mars the harmony
    Of its master's phiz! blushing its treachery!'
    Such, my dear sir, is what you might have said,
    Had you of wit or letters the least jot:
    But, O most lamentable man!--of wit
    You never had an atom, and of letters
    You have three letters only!--they spell Ass!
    And--had you had the necessary wit,
    To serve me all the pleasantries I quote
    Before this noble audience. . .e'en so,
    You would not have been let to utter one--
    Nay, not the half or quarter of such jest!
    I take them from myself all in good part,
    But not from any other man that breathes!
  • Jacobi at his best

• Villa absolutely thrashing Saints.
  • This could be classic saints. They are awesome for a run of games and then awful for the next run. Happens so many times for them.
  • edited March 2022
    Also Pete Postlethwaite as Ragueneau

Wonderful
  • Burnley being rinsed by Chelsea.
  • Some big PL scores today. I’ll settle for a 0-0 I think.
  • Obviously hate palace but that's a great result for us.
  • See, they do have their uses. 😄
  • Chelsea fans singing Abramovitch's name during a minutes applause in support of Ukraine. I really don't know what to say without being taken off line
  • Even their manager said they were out of order. If they are not careful people will start to dislike them. 😉
  • Oh my word, its not even the finish it's how he let it through his legs and sold the defenders that is the beauty in it.

• edited March 2022
    I do like that it's Rooney who seems to have managed to get so many games out of him. I didn't expect that of him. After his Everton job comments I am starting to like him for more as a manager than I did as a player. I hope they somehow manage to stay up.
  • edited March 2022
    Ravel got a 3 match ban in January for red carded tackle in the 7th minute of injury time at the end of Derby's 2-1 defeat by Forest. When handbags broke out at the final whistle Morrison returned to the pitch despite having been sent off.

Later he went on Instagram to complain that a tackle from a Forest player did not get a red card.

Despite all his talent it doesn't appear his attitude has changed

Yesterday was his 29th appearance for Derby, one more an he equals his record for appearances with a club set while at Birmingham City

So, gone by April?
  • yoyo said:

Chelsea fans singing Abramovitch's name during a minutes applause in support of Ukraine. I really don't know what to say without being taken off line

I completely agree what a disgusting thing to do, but let’s face it that would have happened with any club’s moronic minority. Just happened that this time it was Chelsea’s knuckledraggers.

• Don't think anyone has top 4 aspirations after the last few weeks

But for those that have surely its all but taken away from us with Arsenal hammering Watford, bringing them 3 points ahead of us with 3(!) games in hand
  • Fighting for 7th
  • steve said:

Fighting for 7th

Rather finish 8th personally
  • Hamstew, Why & miss out on the delights of the ECL? That’s the Conference League not Champions League. 😉
  • edited March 2022

Great when it comes off, not so great when it doesn’t, as in Fornals yesterday.
  • How on earth are Utd anywhere near top 4. Their second half performance was worse than abysmal and to virtually give up with 30 minutes to go is unbelievable.
  • I was thinking the same thing, how did we lose twice to this lot?
  • edited March 2022
    Napoli v AC Milan 2nd v 3rd, 15 minutes played and not only has Milan's manager been booked but the ref has had to give him another warning

Fabio our Napolitano barman is a little distracted
  • edited March 2022
    The irony of hoping Little Frank can do us a favour by getting a result against Spurs

Come on you Toffees
  • 2-0 down so no help to us there.
  • The irony of hoping Little Frank can do us a favour by getting a result against Spurs

Come on you Toffees

2-0 down after 20 minutes

cheers frank