Pre-Season July/August 2016 (and Olympic Stadium opening ceremony)

Comments

• If Payet isn't sold. If Payet isn't injured. If Cresswell stays fit etc.etc.

Why is the only if around Carroll?
  • Hasn't Creswell played every game since he arrived whilst Carroll has missed fumfty?

There is a haphazard logic there.
  • Herb

Of course, there are potentially infinite 'what ifs' around the team, but as Col points out, ;ac is the one player who has had the misfortune to be unavailable for a considerable length of time each of the last few seasons.
  • From what I saw at the Carolina game, Andy looked pretty fit and sharp, although he only played 45 minutes.

Noble played the whole game, but, he looked shattered at the end.
  • King, have heard that before about AC though. Bilic and Sam in the last two seasons both thought they'd had a breakthrough in AC's fitness, talking about how they thought with certain adjustments he'd stay available. Shortly afterwards, he got injured.

I think we simply cannot plan anything around AC and take it as a bonus if he's fit.
  • Herb

Of course, there are potentially infinite 'what ifs' around the team, but as Col points out, ;ac is the one player who has had the misfortune to be unavailable for a considerable length of time each of the last few seasons.

But a lot of posters make it that it's his own fault by the tone of thier posts.
  • edited July 2016
    Tbf, it has been hinted on more than one occasion by, first Sam, now Bilic, that a lot of it is self-inflicted. His attitude and professionalism off the pitch has been questioned.

Obviously he doesn't aim to be injured. Hope he has a cracking season because, as he showed back end of last season, he is a quality and prolific striker when in form. If he plays 80% of the league season we won't need another forward.
  • edited July 2016
    I think the same for most our strikers tho, seem to recall Sakho an Valencia both being out of action due to injuries..
    Agree with IronHerb, some posters sort of feel it's Andy's fault IMO,
    Luke IMO Andy sometimes gives too much, but then again don't all hammers fans appreciate a player that gives his all ;hmm
  • Tbf, it has been hinted on more than one occasion by, first Sam, now Bilic, that a lot of it is self-inflicted.

I think they said if he changed his lifestyle it would help him. I don't think they meant that when he did did foot muscle (the ballet dancer one) that it was down to him. In fact I vaguely remember Sam saying it was a one in a million injury.
  • Not going to be the first game at the olympic stadium now.

Looks like we have managed to get the EL opponents to swap being drawn home first and will play the home leg 4th Aug, before Juventus on 7th Aug?
  • Antonio is playing for the Dev X1 against Chelmsford this evening
  • Well he didn't go on the American tour, so he is probably getting in some games before the EL qualifier.
  • As is Fletcher
  • edited July 2016
    Tuesday's and Wednesday's games both being shown on premier sports ;ok
  • Cheers for the edit - had just come to correct that.

Juve game will be on BT
  • Juve game

;wahoo

You'd think our Euro game might well be on the box as well.

#cornucopia
  • #cornonthecob
  • i heard a rumour that ee customers will get 6 months free bt sports on their android/smartphone.
  • McH

MrsG mentioned that she had seen that a few days ago.

And here's the proof:

http://sport.bt.com/football/news/bt-sport-app-available-for-free-to-ee-customers-S11364072791855
  • edited July 2016
    Current odds
    Win Premier League 66/1
    Top 4 finish 8/1
    Get relegated 28/1
    Win Europa League 25/1

So we have a slightly better chance of winning European honours than getting relegated. That's good news ....... I guess.

• Grey, thanks for that link, now registered for my 6 month free BT Sport App!
  • Enner carrying on doing his job like a pro, even though he wants out...

Unlike someone....
  • 3 games this week.

Tuesday 19th July = FC Slovacko
    Wednesday 20th July = Rubin Kazan
    Saturday 23rd July = Karlsruher SC
  • Twist

All on Premier Sports

;ok
  • Grey so there should be links?

Are the games in yhe evening?
  • Vorse

They are listed as 17:00 UK for Tues/Weds and 16:00 for Saturday.

Should definitely be links.

;ok
This discussion has been closed.