Pre-Season July/August 2016 (and Olympic Stadium opening ceremony)

Comments

• I would guess not ;biggrin
  • Maybe Slav is now Argentina Olympic manager ;hmm
  • Olympics not for a month or so?
  • Only two weeks and we find out who we play on the 28th
    Something I am not quite getting here. The second leg of the first round qualifier is played next Thursday 7th July. The second round qualifier 1st and 2nd legs are on 14th and 21st July. My question is how can a draw for the third round qualifier be made in two weeks when the second round qualifier is still not sorted?
  • So West Ham will be drawn against the winners of match 'A', so it's an either or type draw.
  • Ah ha I see.
    I guess the most important thing for us is whether we are drawn at home or away for the first leg.
  • Team news for the 1st pre-season game:
    West Ham will be without their Euro 2016 and a number of other international players, including Dimitri Payet, James Collins, Angelo Ogbonna, Darren Randolph, Cheikhou Kouyate and Enner Valencia.
    Read more at http://www.whufc.com/News/Articles/2016/July/4-July/Preview-Seattle-Sounders#1wPRMxHBfCjR1AZK.99

• edited July 2016
    OS interview with Slav

We have a game with Seattle Sounders on Tuesday evening…

“It’s not ideal [to play a fixture so early in pre-season], but we have trained for a few days and on Monday on a bigger pitch so the players can play on Tuesday.
    “Normally you like to train for at least a week or ten days before the first game, so it’s not ideal like this, but hopefully it’s going to be all right.”

Read more at http://www.whufc.com/News/Articles/2016/July/5-July/Exclusive-Super-Slaven-speaks#DftOi9QyQRcTiuql.99
    He really doesn't sound happy about it.

In which case, you really have to ask who organised it, and why are we playing it?
  • Sounds very much like someone moosed up ;doh
  • Yep, seems like a poor decision to play this week, Sounders have been poor this season, they're struggling, played off the park first 60 mins at TFC at the weekend and somehow got a draw (TFC's failing more than anything). July is a very busy month in the MLS and we're only just back training, bit strange really
  • It's all about the money
  • hope we took a big treatment table ;biggrin
  • have a look at a picture of our new signing Feghouli treading on Carroll's foot/ankle in training.....

;nonono
  • I saw that. ;lol
  • What do we think the line up will be? Something like:
    Adrian
    Byram Reid Burke Cresswell
    Obiang Nordveit
    Feghouli Lanzini Samuelson
    Carroll
  • Would be nice to see Byram get a strong pre-season run out at RB as he could turn out to be a vital player for us in the new campaign. Also I'd Love to see samuelson hit the ground running as well, with the amount of games we could potentially have next season he could make a real impact. I'm going to try and wake up and watch it but it will be tough!
  • Soundly beaten, 3-0. Bilic out.
  • edited July 2016
    Wake up to one particular headline "Seattle ensure nightmare pre-season start for West Ham". ;doh

I hate pre-season games and the media exposure they get.
  • If only we had Tonks in defence ;puzzled
  • Pretty sure we had an underwhelming pre season last year too

Apparantly from the little I've heard Feghouli looked a real threat, Martinez linked up really well with him and Brown & Page also gave a good account of themselves
  • feghouli looked very good...
    Martinez looked quite decent too...
    Browne and page did well...
    Nordveit showed his very good passing range...
    And the kid Quina looks like a very bright talent..
  • Starting like last pre season.
  • 38k people there, quite impressive for a preseason game in a country where Football is what the fifth / 6 or 7 sport.

Nice that we sent all those fans home smiling.....
  • edited July 2016
    vorse - that attendance jumped out at me when I read the match report ;ok

Attendance: 38,585

;nonono Amazing!
  • They have 50,000 odd for MLS games.
  • 50k wow football does finally seem to have a foothold in the land of rhe free...
  • Didn't even know we had a game ;lol
This discussion has been closed.