Pre-Season July/August 2016 (and Olympic Stadium opening ceremony)

Comments

• what a waste of time this trip is , apart from some warm weather training we risk injury to players who are not yet match fit imo .
  • Twist ;biggrin it wasn't a game by the sound of it our guys where outplayed
    buy a sunday league team because they are only 2 days into training cannot understand who organised a game that quick into pre-season ;hmm
  • It's pre season, it's no biggy.

It's mainly fitness work.

The results are irrelevant.

• I managed to wake up and watch it. I thought Rice, Page and Noble did well during their 45 mins. Second half-Quina was bright, Feghouli our best player, Martinez did well and Pedro Obiang was good as well. The pitch wasnt great (one of those artificial types) which caused the ball to run slowly and, having played on similar, are much more draining than grass.

The squad should be in a much better place for next game, which is on the 13th, hopefully we can get a good convincing win under our belts. Fair play to those fans who went. ;clap
  • TWC ;ok

Thought Nordveit showed very good passing range too...
  • Don't drop him!

Don't drop him!

;nonono
  • edited July 2016
    3rd striker needed.........
  • Happy, ;thumbsup Agreed! Nordveit did well. Nice to see him try the more progressive pass than just go back and side to side.
  • My son and I are going to the Carolina Railhawks game, really looking forward to it too. I will take pictures and give a report.

coyi
  • Seems like we've lost Lanzini for about a month of our season due to the Olympics.
  • It's ok, we've got Payet
  • edited July 2016
    Hopefully ;puzzled
  • edited July 2016
    Hamstew said:

Seems like we've lost Lanzini for about a month of our season due to the Olympics.

Not really ;hmm

Olympic group stages 1 - 10 August. (before PL season starts)

PL season starts 13th August ... which is the w/e when Olympic QF are
    (top 2 teams from each group qualify), and we play Chelsea.

Semi-finals 16th + 17th

3rd/4th place play offs + Final = 19th and 20th August. Which is when the PL 2nd game of the season is (we play Bournemouth).

So (depending on how far Argentina get, and how quickly he reports back for club duty afterwards) he could miss no matches, or 1 (if they get to QF) or 2 (if they get to semis.)

http://www.fifa.com/mensolympic/matches/index.html

• MrsGrey said:

Hamstew said:

Seems like we've lost Lanzini for about a month of our season due to the Olympics.

Not really ;hmm

Olympic group stages 1 - 10 August. (before PL season starts)

PL season starts 13th August ... which is the w/e when Olympic QF are
    (top 2 teams from each group qualify), and we play Chelsea.

Semi-finals 16th + 17th

3rd/4th place play offs + Final = 19th and 20th August. Which is when the PL 2nd game of the season is (we play Bournemouth).

So (depending on how far Argentina get, and how quickly he reports back for club duty afterwards) he could miss no matches, or 1 (if they get to QF) or 2 (if they get to semis.)

http://www.fifa.com/mensolympic/matches/index.html

#factattack
  • edited July 2016
    He will also miss the first leg of the Europa play-off round, if West Ham get that far (18 August) and if Argentina get past the QF. ;ok
  • Football shouldn't be in olympics.
    Neither should golf.

Squash should be there...
  • Sorry said a month because of the injury he is going to get
  • Yeold they do have squash there. I've seen bottles of it at the side of the court when the tennis is on. BUT tennis is another one that shouldn't be there.
  • We now play Chelsea on Monday 15 August at 8pm and Bournemouth on Sunday 21 Aug at 4 pm.
  • Ham ;lol

Oh, sorry, I mean ;fishslap
  • edited July 2016

Neither should golf.

Golfers seem to agree with you ......
  • Football shouldn't be in olympics.
    Neither should golf.

Squash should be there...

Football has been in the Olympics since Paris 1900 when Upton Park FC represented Britain and won gold. Golf was at Paris 1900 and St Louis 1904 but was dropped

• Did Andy actually start this game? ;nonono

A pre-season game?
  • yep and tbf he was probably our best player in the first half, chased everything and worked hard
  • edited July 2016
    Pre-season dates added in Austria

19 July v FC Slovacko, 18.00, Rohrbach
    20 July v Rubin Kazan, 18.00, Krottendorf
    23 July v Karlsruher SC, 17.00, Kapfenberg

Read more at http://www.whufc.com/News/Articles/2016/July/10-July/Hammers-add-Austria-pre-season-dates

I'll allow myself a little ;nonono and ;doh at this phrase used in the article
    one of the most uniquely special seasons in the Club’s history

And then a ;hmm that they have back-to back games on the 19th and 20th.

• Not really sure where to post this but this is quite a moving video of some of our team visiting a very special little boy.
This discussion has been closed.