Pre-Season July/August 2016 (and Olympic Stadium opening ceremony)

Comments

• Cheers Grey ;ok
  • Props to Romaine for first spotting it.
  • ;ok

I check this out to see what's coming up for the week

http://www.live-footballontv.com/
  • Grey thanks... ;ok
  • AC article on OS saying how he looking forwards to pre season.

He states - “I’m feeling good. Coming out to Austria and getting myself fit is important. I might miss a couple of games in pre-season just to keep myself fresh and not rush into things, but I’m looking forward to it.”

http://www.whufc.com/News/Articles/2016/July/18-July/AC-fired-up-for-full-pre-season

Is this our media team not being up to date with the situation or is AC ok? ;hmm
  • The "couple of games" being the next 2 weeks.
  • Great chance for the two young striker signings.

Wouldn't it be great if they burst from nowhere and became genuine first team options.
  • Lukerz, Fletcher did very well out on loan in League 1 last season and has had a good schooling from MUFC (would have been above rashford if not for any injury i think) ; so perhaps it could reach a stage where, why not give him a chance if he does well in pre-season. There has to come a stage where they just need a chance within the first team set up.
  • Slav on the OS recently:

Fletcher and [Toni] Martinez are prospects.

Martinez has showed that he definitely has a future with West Ham, but we are competing in the Premier League and they are still too young.

Some of them can do what [Marcus] Rashford did for Manchester United last season, but to play a full season with them from the start would not be the option we want.

They can emerge and surprise and amaze us and the league, like Rashford, but we are still looking to get a striker if we can, but only if he is a better striker than what we have.
    It might be that one or both do break through, but it seems clear Slav doesn't see them as replacing the likes of Sakho or Valencia just yet.
  • Grey, hopefully if we can make it through to the group stages of the europa it would help create some opportunities ;thumbsup
  • Is there anyway we could muzzle Sullivan, Gold and the rest of them, just let Big Slav do the talking? He actually makes sense
  • twc

;ok

I'm not really a fan of the Eurhopeless League, but I was sorry we didn't make the group stages last year, as I think some of the younger players would have had opportunities to play (much as Kane did for Spurs a couple of years ago.)

As you say, hopefully we do make the group stages this time, and one or two of the younger players show they are ready to step up.
  • New season, same Enner. Looks like he won a competition to play for a premierleague team
  • Twist

Moved your link to here: http://www.whu606.com/discussion/9779

Please only post stream links n the stream thread.

;ok
  • Sorry grey, didn't see the thread ;ok

Feghouli looking good
  • Feghouli certainly knows how to whip a ball in.
  • Enner would manage to slip over in a sandpit.
  • Great stream ... Thanks Twist ;hug
  • Super finish by Noble. Good work from Cullen and samuelsen. ;clap
  • Beautiful goal by Noble after good play from Samuelson.

1-0
  • edited July 2016
    Nobes with a volley from the edge of the box.

It went BOOM.

nobesgoal
  • No worries Expat ;ok

Nobes ;clap

Its nice to watch the game with no commentary. Burke is very vocal sorting out the backline. Cullen is a little fighter. Fehouli looks class. Some of Samuelsen's skills ;clap - Valencia... ;puzzled
  • A good run out so far.

Players mostly trying to do the right thing with the ball, though I think the pitch is a bit too small for some of the diagonal long balls they are bombing up...

Feghouli definitely looks promising, and he's been happy to work back as well.

Antonio at RB with him in front could be a real handful.

Young back 4 have looked solid, and not really been too troubled.
  • The Beard having fun in the sun.

beard
  • Pretty much just what you want from a pre-season run out, so far.

Everybody having multiple touches, getting used to the feel of the ball, a good goal, some solid displays from younger players and another 45 minutes in the legs.

Looking at some of those subs, could see it ending 4-0/5-0 if we make multiple changes at HT.
  • Carroll will be dying to play alongside Feghouli, see some of his crosses? ;clap
  • Looks like a back three this half?

Burke - Kouyate - Rice

With Antonio RWB and Byram LWB.
This discussion has been closed.