The Mark Noble Thread

Comments

• The #NobleFanClub lives on ;bowdown ;clap
  • eski - they seem to have picked the current England midfielders who get in squads over him.
  • West Ham captain Mark Noble has been nominated for the Barclays Premier League Player of the Month for February.
  • ;wahoo ;clap
  • ;wahoo ;bowdown
  • Those stats Luke posted are amazing, I guess Roy is the only "modern" day manager who doesn't care about such things....

That TBF to Roy in previous seasons I wasn't sure about Mark for England, the problem is some of the Donkeys that England manager did pick in front of him.

But this season is game has moved forward imo but that is also helped by the quality of player he has to play with.
  • Just back on here after a 2 week trip to Cuba and reading through the posts I echo what Ironherb said on page 8.
    It appears that the problem never was Noble but the players around him. ;ok
    Let's hope he has a blinder tomorrow and how good if he were to put one in the back of the onion bag. COYI ;scarf
  • edited March 2016
    Noble has always played like this, but it's more obvious when the calibre of player around him is higher.
  • Alli, Mason and (Tom) Carroll all to start and be shown up by a huge motm performance by Noble in a hammers win.
    Noble gets call up to England squad.
    After impressing in training, to the surprise of many he starts the first Euro match.
    He proceeds to win player of the tournament and score the winning penalty in a shootout against the Germans as England win the Euros!

Carlsberg don't design careers, but if they did...
  • Alli, Mason and (Tom) Carroll all to start and be shown up by a huge motm performance by Noble in a hammers win.
    Noble gets call up to England squad.
    After impressing in training, to the surprise of many he starts the first Euro match.
    He proceeds to win player of the tournament and score the winning penalty in a shootout against the Germans as England win the Euros!

Carlsberg don't design careers, but if they did...

And in the post-final interview he'll say "yeah, its good for me to win player of the tournament and all that, but really all the credit should go to rest of the team, the squad, the manager, everyone at West Ham.......pretty much anyone but me. Cheers, nice one".

• He'll do that Nobes grin ;biggrin
  • First bit has kind of happened? Close enough.
  • Paul Once:
    "I cannot understand for the life of me why Noble is not in the England squad. He has been doing it for years and people talk about Drinkwater at Leicester, but West Ham are doing well too. I think it is a joke."
  • From the Torygraph match report:

Maybe it is too harsh to say Spurs fluffed it. Pochettino conceded they were poor in the first half but they were also made to be poor by the commitment, drive, energy and aggression of West Ham who were brilliantly led by their captain Mark Noble, who delivered a superbly dominant midfield performance. Still just 28, the fact that Noble has been overlooked by England, in a key area crying out for someone like him, does remain astonishing
  • Anyone notice him and (another player, can't remember who) grabbing hold of Kouyate when he was about to go after Lamela for kneeing him in the face?
  • Mrs G

We saw that and a little bit of me wanted Kouyate to give Lamela what he so deserved.

Nasty little boy.
  • MrsGrey said:

Anyone notice him and (another player, can't remember who) grabbing hold of Kouyate when he was about to go after Lamela for kneeing him in the face?

I think it was Lanzini who also grabbed him.
  • I would like to spend 5 minutes alone in a room with Lamela ;angry
  • Family site Suze, family site.....
  • ;biggrin ;whistle
  • Nobes is a must for England right now - he is as close to his form of the Tevez season as he has ever been.

For me the reason is that he has genuine quality all around him - he brings the best out of them and vice versa

Hitherto, he has not had this and he has found it difficult to impose himself when playing with the likes of Matt Jarvis, etc. He is different from say Scott Parker IMO, who could be outstanding and stand out a mile even when playing alongside mediocrity
  • Hodgson will not pick the players who will make the best team.

He will pick the usual suspects from the usual clubs.

Or Vardy and play him out of position.

• I'm just waiting for one of those long range screamers to go in. Pretty much every time a keeper has just about got a hand to it.
    It's going to happen and it will be a thing of beauty!
  • I'll take a 1 yard tap in Moojor, they all count the same ;biggrin
  • Moojor said:

I'm just waiting for one of those long range screamers to go in. Pretty much every time a keeper has just about got a hand to it.
    It's going to happen and it will be a thing of beauty!

Some of his shots recently have been outrageously good. I'm gutted more haven't gone in!
  • Noble should find a Welsh Granny or something so he can play for them, with Ginge, those 2 together show more fight than most of the England team
  • He has an Irish granny.

Just sayin' ;whistle
  • MrsGrey said:

He has an Irish granny.

Just sayin' ;whistle

;pray ;scarvire

Sadly, he's said he doesn't feel he could play for Ireland...

• He should change his mind. The internation stage needs Noble!