Dimi Payet; the Epilogue

Comments

• Dimi1964 said:

West ham without Payet is like me without a losing betting slip ;lol ;scarf coyi

• Dimi1964 said:

West ham without Payet is like me without a betting slip ;lol ;scarf coyi

Not to mention Twist without his cookie ;whistle
  • Ham without his clown
  • Local without a lampshade on his head, spikey glasses and a football shirt on back to front ;hmm
  • Rav without his yellow tie
  • luke without his crystal ball
  • Me without ;redwine

;weep
  • Slizzy without his I ❤ Nolan badge...
  • OCS & Slav without mistletoe
  • Slizzy without his I ❤ Nolan badge...

Badge.....

Got the tattoo son.

;nolan
  • Got the tattoo son.

Ham and Twist ;hmm

Someone's been a busy boy
  • I'm very worried.

I've never before bought a West Ham shirt with the name of a current player printed on it through fear that they would up and leave shortly thereafter. You can see where I'm going with this, yes? You can have a guess as to what I ordered yesterday perhaps?

Always a problem this Austin and a dilemma I used to navigate when a youngster by getting the name Neil Orr on the back of my shirt. Always best to play it safe - Just ask Ray Wilkins.

• Don't worry about things you can't possibly control.

Go and get No. 27 and Payet, enjoy it.

Then watch as he takes Zarates Number 10

;biggrin
  • edited January 2016
    I havent truly loved watching a West Ham player since Trevor Brooking ( yes, I've enjoyed PDC for example ). So even if Payet leaves for another club ( I was always grateful Brooking didnt when I was younger as I'd have been heartbroken ) which, less face it is the norm these days, I will still follow him. Even after just a few months, I thank him for putting sheer joy back into watching someone play ;bowdown
  • I see that Robbie Savage has declared Sulva as the best number 10 in the league, just ahead of Ozil

;hmm

;doh
  • For me, Payet is more elusive than Ozil, has more tricks/skill/inventiveness to beat people and just basically has more strings to his bow ( like scoring goals ). Silva hasnt been there fitness wise this season most of the time. I have to say I admire him. A really skillful, quick player who is very adept at picking people out in tight areas. Like Ozil, Silva is a high assister as opposed to goal scorer ( I think only one season Silva has scored a decent amount of goals - not a criticism just how its been ).

So, with minimal bias, I genuinely think that Payet is better all round than both. If he played for City or Arsenal I wonder how many more goals Aguero, Giroud and co would score and I also think he'd score appreciably more too in either team
  • If all was right in the world, all of the player of the year awards would be between Payet, Mahrez and Vardy. Alas all is not right in the world, so those awards will go to players from the 'big' clubs most likely. Sigh.

When it comes to Hammer of the Year, that's a done deal. I feel a teeny bit sorry for any number of our other players who, in any other year, would have been in with a shout.
  • It would appear a done deal for Hammer of the year but I would certainly give Ginge the runner up spot at this point, He has been exceptional on the pitch, shown a great attitude and gives his all every match.
  • Maybe we should have Hammer of the year besides Payet award. They could call it the "Not as good as Payet but still an excellent player"-award
  • The fact that we have a player that would rightly be mentioned in player of the year ( and team of the year ) terms is ;puzzled ;bowdown ;clap ;nonono When he doubles his goals and assists (and hopefully more ) he'll be a serious contender ;biggrin So far if I had to pick a non Payet player ( on same premise of doing similar to first half of the season ) it'd have to be Mahrez
  • edited January 2016
    On that theme.... My first half season team of the year is:

Butland

Johnson Alderweireld Smalling van Aanholt

Mahrez Payet Ozil

Vardy Lukaku Ighalo

Had to have three up front because none of them deserved to be dropped out. So no defensive MF at all ( Kante would've been hard to ignore ). Tempted to put in Kolarov as he has more clean sheets but van Aarholts goals and assists saw me pick him. Hard choice between Butland and Cech too
  • edited January 2016
    Butland
    Johnson - Alderweireld - Morgan - Monreal
    Payet - Kante - Alli - Mahrez
    Vardy - Ighalo
  • Why do I have this nasty feeling that Man City are going to make a deadline day bid for Payet following KDB's injury? ;puzzled
  • Dele Alli has to feature for me
    #immense
  • ;ok

Completely forgot. Was thinking who the other player was I wanted but couldn't remember so put Ozil in.

Swap Alli for Ozil. ;ok
  • No Jelavic ;hmm
  • Munich,

Going by towards standards it would be h

Why do I have this nasty feeling that Man City are going to make a deadline day bid for Payet following KDB's injury? ;puzzled

If they have £100m to spare then he is theirs :)
  • Butland
    Johnson - Alderweireld - Morgan - Monreal
    Payet - Kante - Alli - Mahrez
    Vardy - Ighalo

Interestingly enough, there are a lot more Englishmen in this team than one might expect, especially when considering subs that could include Smalling, Kane, Milner, Redmond, dare I say Cress?
  • Milner??

;hmm

;lol