Brentford (A) Saturday 28 September 3pm (not on TV)

Comments

• Unbelieveable
  • Thought Antonio looked quite bright when he came on midweek. I am fairly happy with that starting 11. Come on you Irons 2-0 win

That didn’t age well
  • edited September 28
    Kudus needs to start hitting the target and being more defensively aware
    We all knew about Brentford's quick starts, but couldn't cope...
  • Not been a bad person in my life .Do I really deserve this
  • edited September 28
    Good chance we will be bottom three this weekend. We are a laughing stock and appear totally clueless
  • A decent ball by Antonio and Kudus was in, but it's overhit and Kudus is forced wide.
  • Emerson in the book already.
  • steve said:

Not been a bad person in my life .Do I really deserve this

I look on it as I must have been really bad in a previous life to be born a West Ham supporter in this one.

• edited September 28
    Going forward we are so.so slow...it's bad....
  • Finally a shot on target but straight at their keeper.
  • This is just tragic
  • You’ve got to hand it to Lopetegui. When he took over, everyone was hoping there would be more goals scored in our games. When was the last 0-0 draw?
  • There are more goals but mostly in our net.
  • We look quite nothingy and just easy to play against. Easy to defend against, easy to attack.
  • How wide are the goals at Rush Green because by the way we shoot they must be a helluva lot wider than on actual pitches.
  • Another very very poor 1st half. Something just seems VERY WRONG at our club at the moment......Brentford haven't been great but we have been simply BAD. Nothing seems like it's working....
  • I thought it was a pretty even first half, but we are very slow to move the ball. I don’t think Rodriguez and Soucek are what we need in the middle of the park.
  • I think Soler has to come on for Paqueta.
  • Manager has no clue
    Players have no clue

Full depression football
  • Just gotta hope it goes like the Fulham match, an undeserved point, whoever scores, but it's really a painful watch, for those unable to witness it watching, perhaps IMO you are a bit fortunate so far, oh well, COYI....
  • Can AWB make a forward pass? We are playing too many back and side ways passes and by letting Brentford get in shape. Need someone more quick in the middle - Irving?
  • Have to also say , Kudus is a real liability when defending, offers no support whatsoever, I'd want more from him....
  • We have played with a good intensity since going behind but we just seem to lack an idea of how we are going to create chances, it's all a bit lacking a plan. I am hopeful of us getting something still if we keep pushing, a bit of individual magic from Bowen or Kudus to salvage something.
  • That Duran fiasco comes to haunt us every game
    alderz said:

I thought it was a pretty even first half, but we are very slow to move the ball. I don’t think Rodriguez and Soucek are what we need in the middle of the park.

When we break it’s only 1 or 2 that go so we always seem to be outnumbered.
  • Best words to describe us; lightweight & powderpuff.
  • Now we just have to hope that we don’t concede in the first few minutes of the second half.
  • edited September 28
    Soler and Mavropanos coming on, apparently for Emerson and Kudus.

Not sure how we're gonna be set up now.

Edit: Seems as though Mavropanos has gone to RB, and AWB to LB, unless it's 3 at the back?
  • We’ve had 10 shots to their 4 but only 1 on target.