Carabao Cup; Liverpool (a) 25/09 k/o 20:00 UK

Ok ok I’ll take one for the team 😬
Aslef starting working on the Brentford thread

Comments

• From J-Lo’s conference

• From Slot

• If Tobido and Fullkrug are fit then they should start in my view.

I suspect they will rest quite a few, at least to begin, which means we should start strong and see if we can take a lead. If we can then we can keep strong and try and see it through, if we are still getting beaten then take off the big players. I don't think we will be making any waves in the league this season and have no Euro campaign, so my inclination is to go all out for the cups.
  • As Füllkrug is coming back from injury I doubt he'll start tbh, although I hope he is fit enough to feature at some point. I'll be disappointed if Todibo doesn't start though.
  • If Fullkrug is fit then start him .Even if he comes off at half time .,Don't see the point in putting him on when we are 3 down with 30 mins left and in damage control .will be lucky to get a touch then
  • Fabianski
    Coufal - Todibo - Kilman - Emerson
    Soler - Álvarez - Souček
    Kudus - Bowen - Summerville
  • That team works for me - here’s hoping
  • Whatever happened to Luis Guilherme who was hailed as a wunderkind? I don't think he has played for the U-21s either. I would like to see more of Irving who seemed very energetic when he came on last Saturday.
  • U23s lol, that hasn't existed since 2021/2, it was the U21s. Thought he might have featured tomorrow, but I guess not.
  • Ravel49 said:

Aslef starting working on the Brentford thread

Started working on it Sunday morning
  • Anyone else got a bad feeling about this .Or is it just me
  • edited September 25
    steve said:

Anyone else got a bad feeling about this .Or is it just me

Not at all, Rav has a decent record with match threads

😁😁😁
  • W2 L1 this season 😬
  • My next door neighbours mad Liverpool fans, that already makes me feel yuk.......And they are such lovely people.....some just don't have any taste.....!!!...He just messaged me to ask what channel it's on.....Gonna be a long night IMO.....
  • edited September 25
    Fabiański, Coufal, Todibo, Kilman, Cresswell, Álvarez, Soler, Souček, Summerville, Bowen ©, Ings
    Subs: Foderingham (GK), Wan-Bissaka, Mavropanos, Emerson, Rodríguez, Irving, Paquetá, Kudus, Antonio

Pleased that Todibo is starting, and that we'll get a better look at Soler, but Coufal, Cresswell and Ings starting is pretty uninspiring imo.
  • Kudus should be playing, If we want to win we need him on before they bring on their big guns. They have no Salah, Van Dijk, Trent, Robertson or Diaz. This line up from them allows us to even things up, but we pass up that opportunity if weakening our own side. They have multiple trophies to play for so I can see why they play a weakened side but not ourselves, this and the FA Cup is likely to be our season.
  • edited September 25
    Their side is weaker, but Jota is one of the best forwards in the Premier League. Also Gakpo is very good.

But I do agree that Kudus should be playing.

Looking forward to see if Soler can make an impact.
  • Zero expectations, just wanna see a better performance and a bit of an identity and some defensive stability

This Liverpool side is full of talented players, they'd still fancy doing us over given how we've started
  • Ings scores, but offside.
  • That was quality from Bowen, but Summerville touch let him down hugely
  • edited September 25
    And now we do score. A scrappy own goal, but they all count.
  • Its been coming =)
  • Fancy footwork from Alvarez to lead to the goal
  • Our fans seem in good voice
  • Looked offside, but, what a surprise, Liverpool get given the advantage.
  • edited September 25
    Easily offside, sky six rules OK
    Even with VAR it would be given 🤬
  • Poor to let someone as short as Jota score a header.
  • So nice to have such unbiased commentary from Carragher.