Carabao Cup; Liverpool (a) 25/09 k/o 20:00 UK

1235»

Comments

• I think the problem with Alvarez is that, albeit he is headstrong, he seems to think to himself that if nobody else is going to put in a tackle or track back to stop an attack then he as sure as hell is.
    One thing you can’t say about him is he doesn’t give 100% each time.
  • We had a big summer and a big turn around of players, kinda expected a slow start

Yes Liverpool have a new manager but Slot has basically inherited Klopps team that was in title race for 34 games last year

Lopetegui is figuring out his team, and it's clearly quite difficult

Didn't watch the game but sounded like 5-1 flattered them

Sounds like up untill the 3rd goal went in, it was an even game and we looked like we could've got back into it

3rd goal goes in, Alvarez gets a stupid red and then we end the game 5-1

Need something against Brentford, even if it's just from the performance as Ipswich is a must win
  • How long do you all think the board will give the manager to put things right?
  • Not good enough still, being okay for a couple minutes every match is not good enough at this level especially with the calibre of player and level of investment that we had out on the pitch.

Brighton will show exactly how you take on this Liverpool side in the next round. Even if they do lose I bet they have Liverpool under pressure for a lot of the game.
  • How long do you all think the board will give the manager to put things right?

Think they'll give him minimum half a season, but obviously if we have 4 points after 10/12 games then that could be sooner

Think they'll give him minimum half a season, but obviously if we have 4 points after 10/12 games then that could be sooner
    40 points is considered to be a safety mark. We have four and need 36 more or 12 wins. If nothing changes up to the 10 game mark, we would need to win 12 out or 28, a tall order though it can be done. I don't think Lopetegui will have any slack beyond 10 games. Owners have backed him and he got ride of some experienced players to impose his brand of play, which is yet to deliver results. I hope he can deliver but owners must be considering alternatives. Who else could do a Moyes?
  • I don't think Sullivan is going to admit he got it wrong after 10 games, and I would agree with him.
  • In my view it's way too early to say it's gone wrong but it's certainly justified to be concerned. We need see more against Brentford who have also had a very difficult early fixture list and will be seeing this as an easier game for them. We need a result but even more we need to see a performance that looks more organised and with a clear intention as I think we have lacked that, then we can have more confidence that at least the manager knows what he is asking them to do, but that quite naturally the players are taking time to apply it properly.
  • IronHerb said:

I don't think Sullivan is going to admit he got it wrong after 10 games, and I would agree with him.

If we have just 4 points after 10 games he might just be forced to....
  • If we have just 4 points after 10 games he might just be forced to....

That would be quite an achievement, even Avram managed 6 points after 10 games!
  • Lopetc is shuffling the pack, trying to find his best team. November 9 just before the international break & January are the most likely exit dates. If he hasn't got the team playing for him by then, he should be gone. Supporters want that, and won't tolerate his negative touchline behaviour for very long. IMO of course.
  • I don't mind his touchline behaviour
  • Sullivan has never sacked a manager after less than a season
  • steve said:

I don't mind his touchline behaviour

Each to his own. A few wins may soften my attitude 😉
  • Sullivan has never sacked a manager after less than a season

I don't think he'll repeat the Avram Grant experience...
  • edited September 27
    steve said:

steve said:

Each to his own. A few wins may soften my attitude 😉
    I'm with Kuching, there's passion and there's desperate, at the moment IMO it's more the look of desperation, he keeps making a meal of things on the touchline won't sit well with refs/4th officials etc , like he hasn't got enough to improve already.......All IMO of course!
  • I can understand him getting irate on Wednesday, the officiating was dreadful. There's an element of the King's New Clothes about officials; even if they're wrong, you can't say they're wrong.
  • I can understand him getting irate on Wednesday, the officiating was dreadful. There's an element of the King's New Clothes about officials; even if they're wrong, you can't say they're wrong.

Although if u watch back this isn't the 1st time....far from it....Hey, let's hope we get the rub of the green and the officiating isn't discussed, let's hope his tactics and the players do the talking on the pitch......