Chelsea (H) Saturday 21st September 12:30pm live on TNT

Comments

• Bookmarked.
  • At least we're a lot better than under Moyes
  • Well this could get nasty
  • I rate Alvarez but today is not his day!
  • Chelsea just passing through us. This is shocking!
  • What was that?
  • I really don’t understand how despite who we bring in, in whatever role nothing ever changes.
  • Ravel49 said:

I rate Alvarez but today is not his day!

Given that he's not quick, I'm not sure why he seems to be trying to pick up Jackson; surely that should be down to the CBs.
  • Alvarez was caught out sooo badly there, Killman must be wondering what he is doing there with Mavro and Alverez next to him
  • Lopetegui. getting agitated on the touchline.
  • Gotta be a penalty
  • And at least a yellow for the arm on Kudus.

But neither given.
  • And now we get the ball in the net, but offside.
  • Definitely a better spell from us this past ten minutes or so pressing well and creating chances, shame we have given them a two goal start
  • How was that not a penalty, he pulled Summervilles strapping off of his wrist.
  • edited September 21
    Soucek coming on already.

Rodriguez the player hooked after only 36 minutes.
  • Our set plays this game have been appalling.
  • Other than the terrible decision to start Alvarez in a back three which led to a comical 20 mins, been pretty good since. Feel there is still goals in this game.
  • Terrible goals to concede. Even though we were pressing for a lot of the half, it's meaningless when you've already in all likelihood lost the game after 20 minutes. So disappointing. I'm wondering what it is we're supposed to be doing differently under this manager, as it all looks and feels the same to me
  • Two very poor goals to concede. AWB was missing from RB for the first-goal and wasn't even looking at the ball for the free-kick that led to the second goal. Not sure where is playing. Pacqueta hardly in the game and Bowen struggling against a tough defence. Do hope we won't have another Pellegrini season.
  • I am not convinced that we played that badly, we are two down because of mistakes, we collectively switched off for their free kick and Alverez got caught out.

To be fair both goals were well taken but outside of that, we have pressed and looked positive in possession, I think the scoreline is flattering towards them.

Cut out the mistakes and keep the performance level up and we are still in this.
  • I still don't see how we weren't given a penalty, certain other teams defintiely get given that.
  • How many touches did Bowen get in the first half? I’m sure Antonio would have got a lot of stick for a similar performance.
  • edited September 21
    When you play further up the pitch & press, your defence & concentration have to be on it. Playing a 3-2-5 for the first 20 minutes cost us in two goals due to the gaping holes in midfield when Chelsea got through us. We need to get shaper.

We could take the easy route; retreat to our box, sit deep, 10 behind the ball & play on the break. But I’d rather us be on the front foot but we will be vulnerable if we don’t get the tactics spot on. You have to drop when there is no pressure on the ball.
  • MIAHammer said:

How many touches did Bowen get in the first half? I’m sure Antonio would have got a lot of stick for a similar performance.

It's not just his touches though, I was thinking that he's done a much better job, he's drawn fouls, and dragged players about.

• Absolute relegation fodder!