Fulham (no, seriously, this time I'm sure it really is Fulham) Sat 14th Sept 3pm not on TV

Comments

• I hope Todibo is ready to start against Chelsea; Mavropanos having a bit of a mare.

Paqueta down injured.
  • Are Fulham becoming our new bogey team?
  • It's been a shambles of a performance......Not enjoyed any of it.....
  • A bit rash by Soler given he's already on a yellow.
  • Into 5 minutes of added time.
  • Get in, Ings.
  • oh my word
  • wow get out of jail free card used there
  • Always liked Ings B)
  • Wow....a point, fabulous, because IMO we need a hell of a shaking up...it was poor, good for Ings.....Fortunate to say the least.....
  • Fulham should have won it right at the end too even after that goal
  • Was not able to watch the game but followed the text here and on the bbc site, by all accounts it seems like we have to respect the point and take it to the bank and do not pass go.

Hopefully as each game passes, J-lo is able to get a better picture of what a more settled side is capable of.
  • Wow....a point, fabulous, because IMO we need a hell of a shaking up...it was poor, good for Ings.....Fortunate to say the least.....

We need to start games better, and, imo, dropping Antonio will really help with that; hopefully J-Lo will finally see the light now.

• Antonio impact sub is the best option for him
  • Shocking first half, better second.
    Next.
  • The manager is no better than Moyes. Millions spent on rubbish.

Five games they’ve had, five.😳

• Slacker said:

The manager is no better than Moyes. Millions spent on rubbish.

Five games they’ve had, five.😳

To be honest, I wasn't a very happy chappie a couple of hours ago. The sky box wasn't working and in a fit of rage I damaged the lead connecting it to the tv. After swearing profusely and telling anyone who would listen that sky were doing it on purpose, Fulham scored. Thank God for Danny Ings hahaha
  • #SkyOut 😜
  • Just like with Moyes .A hard watch early days i guess just hope i am not saying that after 10 games
  • Ten games? Really?
  • Okay your right will give it 6 .plus the Liverpool game
  • Think you might be supporting the wrong team.
    Try Chelsea?
  • Is this the right place
  • edited September 14
    I know it's greedy and most likely childish but I can't watch Duran at the moment and it pains me every time I hear he's scored.

Antonio has always been a person I've liked. But it is time now. Bowen 9, Kudus right and Summerville left. Fullkrug and Ings back up. He's scored a hattrick recently and hopefully today's late goal will have restored enough confidence in him

Basically we couldn't get rid of him but a scoring spree will ease the Duran want 😀

I'm assuming Todibos interrupted pre season is the reason why he's not starting and has looked rusty.

I've never seen a squad with so much depth in in for us. I believe things will improve and we will be a force to be reckoned with
  • I didn't see the match so no comment to make, but so happy Danny Ings got to be the hero, always seems a good guy with a good attitude.
  • At least, surely, this means that Lopetegui has seen the error of his ways and doesn't try Antonio starting up top anymore

He's done nothing for 4 games, as people have mentioned its like playing a man down

Great servant, but his time in the XI is gone, maybe could find a 2nd lift as a super sub
  • He is an odd one our Antonio as he has always had periods in which he is not really worth being on the pitch but then suddenly finds his mojo again and can become a valuable asset, lets hope he finds it soon.

The owners have massively backed this new manager in the way we did with Pellegrini, yet we are still reliant on Antonio and I think that is a potential problem. I know Fullkrig was injured today but he was not started when available in the previous games.

Meanwhile we can only rue what may have been, the guy was making Irons signs and telling us to get it done.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/c3wp6llp66qo
  • edited September 15
    Very odd to see the reaction of some to our performance yesterday. Not sure when Fulham became an easy touch, especially at the Cottage. Very talented side, settled, consistent manager/coaching, good players in various positions, very balanced, very quick with a lot of technical ability.

We did very well to stay in the game, it was fairly even. They had the better of it & were the better side but the overall game was fairly equal. Fantastic point in a game we lost 5-0 last season. They also beat us 2-0 at our place.

4 points from 4 very tough games (two top four sides at home, including champions; 2 away games against sides who don’t lose at home often).

Last season we got 1 point from the same 4 fixtures, shipping 14 goals. Lots to improve on but lots already there.
  • edited September 15
    Luke, some of your points, perhaps valid. However I feel you have been generous by quite a bit.
    You say we did very well to stay in the game, in all honesty that’s being very, very kind. They easily could have had a penalty, if it was given I don’t think it would have been overturned, the 1st half we were simply terrible, void of any ideas, looked completely lost and no organisation anywhere on the pitch.

We asked for subs at half time and thankfully he did so, we were a marked improvement in the 2nd half, but very very fortunate to get anything from that game.
    Yes last season we were shocking at their place and little better at home.

Of course it’s early days, but many of us just comment on the actual game that day, not compare it to the past etc etc, we just say how it is while watching it.
    I was well happy with the point, but IMO did we deserve it, NO WAY, if I was a Fulham fan I’d be sick as a parrot 🦜….

But like I said, I’m not writing anyone off or stuff like that, just the way it was yesterday ( especially that dire 1st half ) 👍🏻⚒️