Fulham (no, seriously, this time I'm sure it really is Fulham) Sat 14th Sept 3pm not on TV

edited September 12 in Match Threads
The good news is that Fullkrug's injury is reported to be "minor" and he could be back for Chelsea next week but that leaves a big question mark over who starts up front this Saturday

I'm guessing Areola's back is okay otherwise he wouldn't have been on the bench for France but there are rumours that Galatasaray will make a move for Emerson before the Turkish window closes on Friday and Cresswell is out with a hamstring for the foreseeable

So what's been going on at Fulham?

Five players out, six players in

Out
CM Joao Palhinha (Bayern £47.4m)
CB Tosin Adarabioyo (Chelsea free)
RW Bobby De Cordova-Reid (Leicester free)
CB Tim Ream (Charlotte, free)
LW Willian (Olympiacos free)

In
AM Emile Smith Rowe (Arsenal £27m + £7m add ons)
CB Joachim Andersen (Palace £30m)
CM/DM Sander Berge (Burnley £25m)
CB Jorge Cuenca (Villarreal £5.4m)
LB Ryan Sessegnon (Spurs, free)

RW/LW Reiss Nelson (Arsenal, loan) was a late addition, set to go on loan to Ipswich before he switched to Fulham about half an hour before the window closed

Da Silva has used the same starting line up for all three EPL matches with Smith Rowe as the only new signing included. He's stepped into Andreas Pereira's old No 10 spot with Pereira dropping deeper to play as a No 8 in the space left by Palhinha although Fulham fans don't seem that convinced

Leno
Tete Diop Bassey Robinson
Pereira Lukic
Traore Smith Rowe Iwobi
Muniz

Andersen, Berger and Sessegnon all started against Birmingham in the League Cup but otherwise they've been on the bench with only Berge making a 20 minute appearance against Ipswich

No reports of injuries during the international break although Pereira had to come off against Ipswich, if he's still injured then Berge, CM/AM Tom Cairney (club captain, oldest and longest serving player) or DM/CM Harrison Reed are possible replacements

And there's Raul Jiminez on the bench, 5 goals in 9 games against us,

Another options currently occupying the bench is LW/RW Harry Wilson who scored a 25-yaes cracker for Wales against Montenegro

The last time we visited Craven Cottage we got thumped 5-0 and they went on to beat us 2-0 at home, the first time Fulham have done the double over us since 1965/66. A draw would be nice

Comments

• I’d assume that, with Fullkrug out, Antonio will continue up front, but I’d much rather see Bowen up top, Kudus on the right and Summerville on the left, personally.

I reckon it’ll be something like
    Areola; AWB Mavropanos Kilman Emerson; Alvarez; Rodriguez Paqueta; Bowen Antonio Kudus
  • Antonio has offered us nothing so far this season, and he's always played worse than usual when coming back from international duty, so I'm gonna be absolutely gutted if he starts on Saturday. I'd definitely go with alderz's front 3, as, I'm sure, most supporters would.

Given J-Lo has had time to work with Todibo and the rest of the back 3 whilst Mavropanos was away with Greece, I wonder if now will be the time that he gets a start? Perhaps more unlikely, could Soler come in for Paqueta?
  • edited September 12
    Is Antonio back in London yet? The match didn't finish until around 5am yesterday morning which was 10pm local time

He wouldn't have flown back until sometime yesterday afternoon at the earliest and there are no direct flights from Honduras to London

At this moment he might still be somewhere over the Atlantic
  • West Ham boss Julen Lopetegui has been speaking in a news conference before his side face Fulham. Here is what he had to say.

On players returning from international break: "We are waiting for the last players because until this afternoon, we are not going to have all of them. I'm trying to evaluate all of them, how they are, about fitness and another thing, the mind; both are very important. They're players that travel a lot, a lot of hours on planes. We have to evaluate all these things this afternoon and to know better how they are."

On Niclas Fullkrug's return: "Let's see, he has a little problem, it was a pity. But it's true that we will evaluate him too, today. Yesterday we thought he was a little bit better, today we're going to see how he is exactly and tomorrow we are going to make the last decision about him."
  • Sounds like Fullkrug might be in a better condition than Antonio!

• Sounds like Fullkrug might be in a better condition than Antonio!

With one leg he'd still be in better condition than Antonio 😂🤣😂.

• Cue Monty Python Black Knight sketch.  😂
  • edited September 12
    IronHerb said:

Cue Monty Python Black Knight sketch.  😂

Not only but also Tarzan sketch

“I’ve got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.”

• edited September 12
    Areola
    Wan-Bissaka - Mavropanos - Kilman - Emerson
    Rodríguez - Álvarez - Soler
    Kudus - Bowen - Paquetá

Fabiański, Todibo, Coufal, Souček, Irving, Guilherme, Summerville, Antonio, Ings
  • Only CF Carlos Vinicius out for Fulham but then he hasn't been on the bench and doesn't seem to have played in any of the pre-season games

Asked about playing the same starting line up for all three matches Silva said "If I am not happy then I will change and that is what you expect"

Regarding new signings he said it takes time for them to "come and start playing straight away"

Possibly the same XI as last time
  • Silva made special mention of Adama Traore's good start to the season with a goal against Ipswich, an assist against Leicester and joint 2nd with Kudus for dribbles per game (Doku is top)

Might need to keep an eye on him
  • edited September 14
    Andersen and Jimenez in for Diop and Muniz are the only changes for Fulham
  • steve said:

LOSS

That’s the spirit!⚒️

• Won't lie, bit disappointed in the team

Think Antonio needs a big game, he's offering nothing at the moment, would've preferred Bowen up top

I'm good with him dropping Paqueta though, he's also not started great

Wonder when Todibo will be thrown into the XI, I like Minos but he doesn't fill me with any confidence
  • I know J-Lo sees more of the players than we do, but Antonio must be amazing in training because he's shown absolutely nothing in the matches he's played. Added to that, he played 84 minutes for Jamaica on Wednesday and then had to travel back from Honduras, and in the last couple of seasons he's really struggled for us after international games. I'm gutted he's starting tbh.
  • In real time, I thought this was a penalty, think we got a little lucky tbh.
  • Dreadful by Antonio, giving the ball away and Fulham break.
  • Why is Antonio on the pitch 🤬
  • Why is Antonio on the pitch 🤬

Antonio is on the pitch?
  • Traore with a good chance but headed just wide. Now Jiminez scores.
  • Poor.They deserve their lead.....
  • The manager is no better than Moyes. Millions spent on rubbish.
  • Poor by Mavropanos, played them onside.
  • Awful from Mavropanos, absolutely miles behind everyone else and then just jogged back waiting for an offside that wasn't coming

Schoolboy stuff, surely Todibo addition to the starting XI is soon
  • We look totally disjointed....It's been a hard watch so far.....No one has shown anything ....
  • edited September 14
    It’s all well and good dropping Paqueta when he’s not playing well, but without him in the team we look unable to control possession in any meaningful way.
  • Surely a change or two at half time, this clearly isn't working.