CUP: Bournemouth (H) 28/08 k/o 19:45 UK

Comments

• Was he offside? Was it his arm? Who cares, there's no VAR 😂🤣😂.
  • Into added time, 7 minutes of it.
  • Lucky there’s no VAR tonight or that may have been chalked off.
  • At least we may get to have some shots on target although I wouldn’t hold my breath.

4 so far.
  • 1-0 FT.

It wasn't pretty, but at least we're through.
  • Job done just
  • OK,. it is a win but wasn't a great performance. I felt sorry for Füllkrug. He didn't get much service. JWP had a chance to stake a claim bur didn't do much.
  • It seems we've seen lots of this type of game. 2 pl teams in a cup, nobody wants to get knocked out. Either could win or lose, as they are of similar standard.

An unfamiliar ( makeshift) lineup, some unfit players getting game time so they are match fit for the real competition....

Pretty much par for the course.

And I'm glad no pens.
  • Ipswich out on pens.
  • And Forest-Newcastle goes to penalties.
  • Two shocking pens by Forest sees them go out.
  • Newcastle miss their second to give Forest the advantage, but Forest then miss their last two pens to allow Newcastle to go through.
  • we're getting Newcastle away i feel it
  • We're gonna be away to a Champions League or Europa League team, aren't we?
  • We got Liverpool away.
  • Lol, there you go, away to Liverpool.
  • Maybe next season then.
  • edited August 28
    Does not seem fair that the 6 European teams can't play each other, and 4 of the 6 get a home tie.

Mmm

• edited August 28

Does not seem fair that the 6 European teams can't play each other, and 4 of the 6 get a home tie.

Mmm

Yeah, I really don't like this sort of thing, the draw should be a free for all, and fit the games in where you can, not pandering to the teams in European competitions who get to come in later anyway.
  • Our domestic cups get messed about with to satisfy UEFA greed and quest for money.
  • Not necessarily.. It will depend on how much J Lo wants it as you always get a chance to even up the difference in class in the early rounds of this cup as Liverpool will be very unlikely to play their first eleven, so if we do so we can have an advantage. If we however want to rest players as well then we forgo that possible advantage.

Moyes always chose to play a weakened side but had a Euro campaign to consider, as we do not this season J Lo may try and go for it.
  • Don't agree. Europe is a priority, but that does not mean you should get an easier draw in another cup.

Not fair on any team other than the 6 in Europe
  • Jeez. Chelsea - Barrow.
    Man U - Barnsley.

The prayers start here.
  • Getting a bit fed up with our cup draws
  • Well was well worth scraping through that hard fought slog only to end up with Liverpool away.
  • edited August 28
    Just got back from game. AWB & Kilman excellent. Todibo gained valuable minutes, Mavropanos was very ropey, Coufal average, the midfield did not work (although Alvarez got valuable minutes & did well). Bowen, Summerville & Fullkrug struggling to get much service or gel.

We struggled to pass the ball & there were way too many long balls in the first half.

But, another clean sheet - fortunate at times - & a second win. The side still requires more time together, more minutes & hard work on the training pictures.
  • I’m certain the EFL don’t know how ridiculous they’ve been with the draw for the third round. There are obviously, for fiscal reasons, more European games but why those in Europe have to be kept apart beggars belief. Some f them will be playing on the same night anyway so why can’t they play each other.
    The ECL and EL draws are just as stupid as they’re being drawn by computer after the seeded teams are drawn out because of the who plays who brûlée kicks in.
  • but why those in Europe have to be kept apart beggars belief. Some f them will be playing on the same night anyway so why can’t they play each other.

But some won't be, and then there will be a fixture clash. And fewer places in the domestic calendar within the 'window' before the next round to reschedule them.
  • It would have been fairly simple to say the 4 CL teams cannot play the 2 EL teams. CL is played one week and EL another. There is nothing to stop CL teams or EL teams playing each other.