CUP: Bournemouth (H) 28/08 k/o 19:45 UK

Comments

• All Bournemouth at the moment.
  • edited August 28
    So many long balls.....irritating to watch Bournemouth make 2 passes to get from their box into our attacking half but we cannot seem to do the same at all. The movement just isn't their in our midfield / attacking players it seems.
  • Shocking touch by Soucek in our third of the pitch, leads to a Bournemouth corner and subsequent chance. For all his good points, Soucek can be a liability with how J-Lo wants us to play.
  • Todibo in the book already.
  • We’re still to touch the ball in their box, I think
  • Fullkrug looks well off the pace.
  • Fullkrug knowing exactly how Scamacca / Haller / Carroll felt. Not in the game at all. Wide players not wanting to play wide. Still no idea how we can be so narrow but no one in the attacking third can move for a pass.
  • Just dipped in to see how we’re going.
    I take it we’re rubbish as usual judging by the posts.
  • Slacker said:

Just dipped in to see how we’re going.
    I take it we’re rubbish as usual judging by the posts.

Pretty uninspiring so far, not sure there'd be too much debate on that.
  • I think at the moment we’re not even aspiring to be rubbish.
  • Decent attack there, but Fullkrug doesn't make much contact when the ball is deflected to him.
  • Decent attack there, but Fullkrug doesn't make much contact when the ball is deflected to him.

My ( terrible) comms said ' he didn't expect it'

I'm yelling at the screen - well he should have!!! What's he there for??
  • Half a chance for Soucek as Fullkrug headed to him after a corner, but it's not a good contact and goes up and over.
  • edited August 28
    Look so much better when Summerville and Bowen are playing and staying out wide. Stretching defenders, Bournemouth look ropey defensively when that occurs.
  • Kilman and AWB Inspiring much confidence.
  • Livened up a bit now. Lovely touch by Fullkrug to put Summerville in
  • Header on goal from a JWP free kick, I thought it was Kilman but my comms said Fullkrug.

Then Summerville blasts well over, really shoulda done better.
  • Summerville went full Antonio
  • MrsGrey said:

Kilman and AWB Inspiring much confidence.

Summerville less so.
  • Todibo on the right wing there.
  • Good save by Fabianski there.
  • Coufal alert to clear that when Fab pushed it out into a dangerous area.
  • The players need to get beyond Fullkrug. He has a great lay off and pulls out defenders.

Paqueta on for JWP.
  • Oh dear not great is it .Kudus perhaps
  • They've just put the stats up. Amazing.

We are pretty much better at everything 😆
  • Rubbish sleep inducing game. No creativity with a tippy-tappy midfield passing back and square rather than forward. Lucky to be be nil-nil, with thanks to Fabianski. Something needs to change.
  • Don't see a horror show, just see 2 teams who are treating this a little like a friendly game, getting up to speed and figuring out the system

Think we grew into the game, we should be 1-0 up as Summerville had a great chance he should've done better

Loving the look of Kilman he's already been class at the back and Wan Bissaka looking really positive

Fullkrug struggling to get in the game, but he's starting to. Think having Coufal and AWB on the wrong side doesn't help, both guys biggest weakness is going forward and their delivery into the box

Can see the value Guido gives us, he's very positive and his ability to control tempi is so important

Great seeing Alvarez back, although Fabianski is looking a bit shaky I wouldn't like Areola to go down injured for a period (is Foderingham good enough to step up? Genuinely no idea if he's any good or not)
  • Mavropanos on for Todibo.
  • Tobido off at HT for Manos, he was in a yellow so potentially that's why

Didn't seem injured, but not sure if he played much preseason and 45 mins is all he can do, did look rusty