Over to you’s..

Comments

• edited August 27
    Fabianski
    Wan-Bissaka - Todibo - Kilman - Emerson
    Ward-Prowse - Álvarez
    Bowen - Paquetá - Summerville
    Füllkrug

Foderingham, Mavropanos, Coufal, Cresswell, Soucek, Orford, Guilherme, Kudus, Antonio
  • edited August 26
    Agree completely- let’s see what the new boys can do - perhaps Kudos for Paq, and we can run them ragged
  • Give Alvarez some minutes, stick on the B-team, save Fullkrug and Wan-Bissaka for City

Fabianski
    Coufal Todibo Aguerd Cresswell
    Irving Alvarez Ward-Prowse
    Guilherme Cornet Summerville
    Ings
  • I want to see Fullkrug start
  • I would also like to see him finish =)
  • steve said:

I would also like to see him finish =)

Nah. He can come off after his hat-trick.
  • Kind of ment for him to finish off a good move ..But as my wife says no one gets your humour Steve =)
  • A few changes at Bournemouth

Out
    Dominic Solanke (Spurs £55m+£10m)
    Lloyd Kelly (Newcastle free)
    Plus a bunch of fringe players including Ryan Fredericks and Darren Randolph

In
    Brazilian CF Evanilson (£31m FC Porto)
    Colombian LW Luis Sinisterra (loan deal made permanent £21m Leeds)
    Spanish U21 CB Dean Huijsen (£15.5m Juventus)
    Mexican RB Julián Araujo (£8.5m Barcelona)
  • edited August 27
    No way is Lopetegui going to play any of the guys who may leave before Friday. Aguerd & Cornet will be left out, Ings may be on the bench but could also be left out. He won’t want to cup tie them or injure them. So that means we’re likely to have a fairly strong squad for this.

Fabianski, AWB, Todibo, Cresswell, JWP, Alvarez, Fullkrug, Summerville are all likely to get minutes. Possibly Guilherme. I wonder if he’ll include Orford or another youngster or two.

But we do want to win & build momentum. You could also use it as a chance to play the best team again (as in AWB, Fullkrug coming into the side) & trying to continue to build cohesion & implement the new style.
  • edited August 27
    Fabianski
    Wan-Bissaka - Todibo - Kilman - Cresswell
    Orford - Álvarez
    Guilherme - Ward-Prowse - Summerville
    Füllkrug

Surely this has to be the team, one youngster, new signings surely get a start now, second choice keeper and some fringe players.
  • Lukerz said:

No way is Lopetegui going to play any of the guys who may leave before Friday. Aguerd & Cornet will be left out, Ings may be on the bench but could also be left out. He won’t want to cup tie them or injure them. So that means we’re likely to have a fairly strong squad for this.

I doubt if being cup tied is much of an issue

Aguerd has rejected a loan move to Wolfsburg but there are reports of an offer from a Saudi club plus some other unspecified clubs.

Leeds are supposed to be interested in Ings but I doubt if they are in a better position to afford his wages than Southampton.

As for Cornet he's not even been linked with any clubs at all this summer
  • Officials confirmed

Referee: Peter Bankes
    Assistant Referees: Marc Perry and Mark Scholes
    Fourth Official: John Busby

Bankes was ref for our 2-2 draw at home to Newcastle last season, bottled giving Guimaraes a 2nd yellow, booked Emerson for dissent but not Almiron and awarded a free kick for the softest foul by Paqueta on Tonali from which they scored the equaliser with two players offside

Season before that he physically blocked Bowen, Saints recovered possession and scored. Also awarded a penalty to Spurs but then had to cancel it after VAR showed it had hit Cresswell in the face before it his his arm

No VAR for this one
  • Quality ref then
  • Quality ref then

Had to laugh or I'd cry....
  • I'd like to see many of the things people have already mentioned. I can see us taking the cups seriously this season, with no European football to deal with.

Fabianski
    Wan-Bissaka - Todibo - Kilman - Emerson
    Alvarez
    Bowen - Ward-Prowse - Paqueta - Summerville
    Fullkrug
  • That looks a good line up Alderz, I think the main three names I want on the team sheet to start are Todibo, Summerville and Fullkrug.
  • All the PL teams on action tonight got through.
  • My guess for tonight..

Fab
    AWB Todibo Kilman Cresswell
    Rodriguez
    Bowen JWP Soucek Summerville
    Fullkrug
  • If cups are a priority, Lope might stick again, or only introduce two or three new starters. If that doesn't work, the substitutions will. 😉
  • Not sure if it will be up for the whole match, but the clubs Youtube channel is currently live streaming from the stadium.
  • edited August 28
    Fabiański, Wan-Bissaka, Todibo, Kilman, Cresswell, Álvarez, Ward-Prowse, Souček, Bowen ©, Summerville, Füllkrug
    Subs: Foderingham (GK), Emerson, Mavropanos, Coufal, Paquetá, Rodríguez, Guilherme, Kudus, Antonio

Very pleased to see starts for Fullkrug, Summerville, Wan-Bissaka and Todibo.
  • Good team. Let's go for it.
  • So guess JWP is not going anywhere
  • And the oppo

• Glad Semenyo isn't starting.
  • Coufal is playing, isn't he? Who's he come in for?
  • Cresswell maybe injured in the warm up? AWB is at LB
  • Cresswell maybe injured in the warm up? AWB is at LB

Yeah, you're right.
  • Interesting Emerson not coming in ?
  • Could just be that the intention is for Emerson to start on Saturday, but for Coufal to be on the bench.