OTHER GAMES MAY 11TH AND 12TH

Comments

• Just looked on the Spurs forum and a majority of those who had voted in a poll don't want to win tonight:

Some of the comments in the match thread are deranged. Like there will be serious booing if Spurs take the lead.
  • Yeah, well. Spurs.
  • The pundits said that if City win tonight they’ll be champions, as if we aren’t going to thump them on Sunday 🙄
  • Spurs fan quoted on the BBC:

100% behind the team tonight for the win, especially as this result has no bearing on the title anyway. Arsenal will bottle it on the last day against West Ham regardless, it’s just what they do!

Not sure they are quite on top of the situation...
  • edited May 14
    MrsGrey said:

Spurs fan quoted on the BBC:

"100% behind the team tonight for the win, especially as this result has no bearing on the title anyway. Arsenal will bottle it on the last day against West Ham regardless, it’s just what they do!"

Not sure they are quite on top of the situation...

Someone's done an alderz edit on that comment, there's now no mention of West Ham, simply that "Arsenal will bottle it on the last day regardless".
  • edited May 14
    I hope the ref is gonna book the Spurs player once the ball goes dead.

Edit: He does, Bentacur in the book.
  • Gvardiol had to play that back to Haaland then. I know he's on a great scoring run atm, but that was a really poor decision.
  • As it stands at the moment City will need at least 4 more than Arsenal on Sunday ie a hatful.
  • 3 more than Arsenal to win on goals scored.
  • Aiming for 3 more is too close a call as they can concede late (unlikely) or Arsenal can score late so they will go for as many as they can get. A win tonight and a 1-0 will do for them and us.
  • City 1 up
  • Yay, Haaland scores.
  • Bentancur subbed, then trashes the chair/bench.
  • Chairs taking a hammering 😂
  • City penalty.
  • City looking all happy celebratory, but have the realised that a draw on Sunday won't be enough.
  • Typical we WE hand Arsenal the title on sunday =)
  • All I can think is Dakota by Stereophonics is an interesting choice to play while Spurs fans are slopping out and City fans are celebrating
  • He was as hungry as a wolf.

I mean he was hungry like the wolf.
    Didnt want to correct it as I appreciated you jumping on the Duran wagon :)
  • Well its not like we've never spoilt a title party on the last day before. Man Utd comes to mind. Not that I think we'll provide Arsenal a miracle but it's nice to dream (and then get on with buying players for the new manager!)
  • Bazshuayi said:

Well its not like we've never spoilt a title party on the last day before. Man Utd comes to mind. Not that I think we'll provide Arsenal a miracle but it's nice to dream (and then get on with buying players for the new manager!)

Equally, Man City have won the title in the last game of the season by beating us (2013/4 I think).

• Well yes, but thats not seen as miraculous hehe
  • It's quite cruel for Dec as we are unlikely to be able to stop city on Sunday for him and I suspect when they look back at results that went astray over the season the 0-2 loss to us at their place must be the one that stands out. If they had taken the usual three points there they would have won the title. The 6-0 drubbing at home showed how superior they are to us this season and they really shouldn't have let those three points slip.

Maybe we can do him a favour and hold them to a draw, very unlikely.

• Just looked on the Spurs forum and a majority of those who had voted in a poll don't want to win tonight:

Some of the comments in the match thread are deranged. Like there will be serious booing if Spurs take the lead.

I’m sure there are many West Ham fans who would prefer we lose to Man City than win and let Declan get a PL winners medal.
    I personally don’t consider him a traitor and would happily see him win something with Arsenal. But that sentiment is not shared by all of our fans. Some of whom think he’s a snake and other (not so flattering) descriptions.
    There are always some deranged fans on all sides.
  • Not sure its about Arsenal or Rice,More about how many of us just don't like Arteta and would hate to see him win anything
  • Sounds like City have already won the prem Well excuse me ,They still have to beat us after all we are 9th Anybody would think there playing Sheffield Utd .Best result for me would be we beat them only for Arsenal to loose to Everton
  • edited May 15
    That must have been a really tough watch as an Arsenal fan, Spurs came out the gate well and looked up for it for the first ten minutes or so but then, for the rest of the game they looked tidy enough in midfield but appeared reckless in defence and lacked energy up top, and then…..there was that chance for Son against a second string keeper in the 86th minute.

If it goes in everything changes but of course the keeper saves it and City go straight back up and get a penalty ensuring that the title is firmly in their own hands.

It was certainly dramatic ….what I am happy about is that the title will be decided on the final day by a result, goal difference cannot come into it, they beat us they win it, simple as that, I was dreading a scenario where they may have to beat us by x to win it.

However unlikely it may appear, I am hoping we give them a game and at least a scare or two along the way

COYI

• I would love it if we were able to get any kind of result and stop City winning the Premiership. If Rice gets his dream then so much the better.