Aston Villa (home) 2.00pm Sunday 17th March

Comments

• I get that the call is right based on the rule, but once again the handball rule is awful and not fit for purpose
  • Looked to be top of arm to me, so shoulda counted imo.
  • Soucek has played a couple of lovely balls out to Coufal today.
  • edited March 17
    alderz said:

I get that the call is right based on the rule, but once again the handball rule is awful and not fit for purpose

I'll be honest, I don't think scoring directly off the arm should ever be acceptable regardless of whether it was deliberate or the position of the arm, so I've no issue with that particular part of the handball rule, but I felt it was high enough up the arm (ie the sleeve) to have counted.
  • Bailey worries me.
  • It wouldn’t be so bad if there weren’t different rules for different days of the week or different VAR officials.
    The handball law needs a serious look at.
  • Ref bottled that decision of Cash on Antonio.
  • It wouldn’t be so bad if there weren’t different rules for different days of the week or different VAR officials.
    The handball law needs a serious look at.

Except when it benefits a sky six team
  • We're starting to sit back and let them come at us. We need to get back on the front foot.
  • Imo, because the current refs are so bad, they've tried to make the handball rule a "play by numbers" to try to get a degree of consistency. This means that all commonsense has been removed from handball decisions, and, worst of all, there's still inconsistency as well so it's lose lose.
  • Johnson coming on for Antonio.
  • MIA I don’t think we’re sitting back but it’s more a case of they know they dodged one with the handball and think they’re in with a chance of something here.
  • Emerson did well to cut that out from Cash.
  • Villa looking threatening.

Kudus relieves the pressure for a moment with a great drive up the pitch, winning a free-kick just outside their box.
  • edited March 17
    Paqueta worked Martinez, West Ham corner.

Kudus fires over.
  • The momentum is certainly with them at the moment. I’d rather see Johnson in the middle than wide right
  • I really struggle when we seem to set ourselves up to defend a single goal lead
  • Not sure how we survived there.
  • Konsa moving gingerly after getting injured, he still looks way more mobile than Zouma imo.
  • We are certainly living dangerously
  • And then it happens
  • We all knew it was coming.
  • Villa in the ascendency now. We need to respect the point as I thought the disallowed goal would give them impetus.
  • This is what happens when you invite pressure in the way we have. We’ve dropped deeper and deeper, and since Antonio’s gone off we’ve not been able to hold the ball up top at all.
  • I am fearful for this one now, we have lost momentum
  • I don't see why Moyes likes the low block so much given we keep so few clean sheets when we use it in the PL.
  • Alvarez now banned for next PL game too
  • Two games
  • Alvarez booked, that means he's banned for 2 matches.