Premier league other games this weekend 2March

Comments

• Man Utd player clearly kicked the ball after it had gone out to prevent a quick throw in, no yellow card.

City equalise.
  • Foden with a brilliant strike 1-1
  • Now Foden has smashed one in.
  • edited March 3
    1-1 Foden with a real cracker
  • Gotta love it.
    Rashford feels a touch on his arm, goes down way too easy trying to win a free kick and City go the other way and score.
  • Man Utd player clearly kicked the ball after it had gone out to prevent a quick throw in, no yellow card.

City equalise.

In the first half, one of the Utd players stopped Edison throwing the ball out but again no action from the ref.
  • Foden scores a second.
  • 2-1 City
  • 3-1 City
  • West Ham-esque defending by Utd
  • I actually had to check to see if Moyes was guest managing for Utd today
  • 2 huge games next up for City in the league, away to Liverpool next weekend, then at home to Arsenal immediately after the international break.
  • As long as City take the 1st place with Liverpool and Arsenal gutted they missed out…,
  • I actually enjoyed the game today, man city were so good, worked so hard to unpick the lock and once they got their second, United literally barely got a kick
  • When a team dominates a league over a period its always IMO to the leagues detriment (e.g. PSG, Bayern).

I look forward to the day Pep moves on from City and will celebrate it. I actually have nothing against him and its obviously a back handed compliment. But I do hope when he goes whoever replaces him does not carry on the same style. Maybe he will not be able to because Pep has changed and innovated over periods.

This all reminds me of post Ferguson Man Utd. Oh how I used to hate them winning all the time! I'm so glad they havent won the title in 11 years and I hope it carries on way past the time it took Liverpool to win it again!

Their team is an embarrassment compared to past sides. No idea why the manager is still there and no Man Utd side wouldve went anywhere in the past and played so Moyes defensively.

I dont feel sorry in the slightest for their supporters either as 90+% of them are total wrong uns!

The vast majority of their squad is either past it, never was it or simply not good enough to be at a 'top' side. I call them that because of what theyve won etc as they are still a big club, they just aren't good enough to play like one.

The manager says they are still pushing for champions league and thats so far beyond optimistic I'd sack him for pure delusional thinking! City, Liverpool and Arsenal are way ahead. Villa are comfortably ahead of them too and whilst I dont like to say it, I'd back Spurs to beat them the majority of times if they played 10 games against each other. Despite their size, other teams play way better than them and have better players.

I'm not complaining at all. I do wonder how many Untied players would get in the other teams chasing Europe?

GK - liability
    All defenders outside Dalot are either way past it or injury prone or both.

The vast majority of the midfield are the same (past it or never were good enough)

Fernandes used to be FPL gold! Whatever Ten Haag did position wise to him he needs to reverse it.

Rashford is still decent but seems to have a good season every other season now.

Garnacho - decent and alongside Hojlund, with recent form, seem the only players other teams would actually want.

I read here about the worries in our squad age wise and whatnot but I'd say it'd take way more work to sort out Utd!

Ooooh its a long one!
  • edited March 4
    Bazshuayi said:

When a team dominates a league over a period its always IMO to the leagues detriment (e.g. PSG, Bayern).

I agree with this, but unfortunately the only teams currently able to challenge are so horrible (Liverpool, enough in itself, but under Klopp, and under Klopp in his final season, or Arsenal under Arteta) that this season it has to be City again.

• Feel like I can copy paste this from last year, but I can and will never get behind a nation state backed club like City. I honestly feel that they and teams like them ruin competitions and spoil football.
  • I actually enjoyed the game today, man city were so good, worked so hard to unpick the lock and once they got their second, United literally barely got a kick

Their passing (even when under pressure) was, at times, just sublime.
  • Sheffield Utd 1 down inside 5 minutes, but Arsenal had already spurned 2 good chances before they scored.
  • 3-0 inside 15 minutes.
  • This could make our game against Arsenal look like a close run thing.
  • 5-0 is a Dangerous lead =)
  • steve said:

5-0 is a Dangerous lead =)

It almost was for us, I was there when we went 5-0 up against Burnley only for them to make me sweat by getting back to 5-3.
  • Remember that game Kind of want Arsenal to get 7 just so well you know =)
  • They have 6 now. 22+ minutes to go.
  • Closer to 35 minutes to go.
  • Arsenal scoring goals for fun .Yet there still not going to win the prem.how funny is that =)