Forest (A) Saturday 3pm

12346»

Comments

• It’s fine to be sarcastic Lukerz but the way we’re playing at the moment you can’t rule it out.
  • Equally we could win ten the trot and get in the Champions League, and Moyes would be manager of the season ( not on here obvs😉).🎉
  • Slacker said:

Equally we could win ten the trot and get in the Champions League, and Moyes would be manager of the season ( not on here obvs😉).🎉

That must be a great red 🍷🤣
  • 10 victories? I’ll be happy with 10 decent attempts.
  • Would absolutely look to sell Aguerd if there was takers. Hoping the Saudi's come in for him this summer.

Completely need a new central defence though. Zouma is 100% done, Ogbonna done at this level, Aguerd not good enough. Dinos a back up at best.
  • Either give him a new contract .or get rid now .Being in limbo can't be doing the players any good
  • West Ham manager David Moyes speaking to BBC Match of the Day: "I thought the players responded incredibly well, they showed character, a lot of courage at different times of the game. It was a tight Premier League game. We played well going through the thirds and it was in the final third where we struggled and made poor decisions in poor opportunities to score goals. The players did a great job."

Yeah I think these kind of words usually solidifies my thinking that his tenure is almost up. Thanks for the good times Dave but I think your time is up.
  • Thinking about today after a period of reflection and watching the City v Chelsea game it is easy to forget that Forest are fighting for their survival and would have seen today as one of the days to really go for it. A bit like us last season.
  • 2024: 8 games, goals for-against: 4 - 16.
    The low block/counter attack tactic is not working is it. Unfortunately, it's the only way Moyes knows.
    Watching the City / Chelsea game makes me despair for West Ham, we can only dream of playing exciting football with Moyes at the helm.
  • edited February 17
    There is also a chasm with the quality of players too. We don’t have a De Bruyne,Foden,Haaland,Silva etc etc.
    City looked a bit chaotic in the first half though. Chelsea could have been 3 or 4 ahead.
  • Also, it was very kind of West Ham to allow the only home win of the day. Although I sometimes think we're a little too accommodating. ;)
  • There is also a chasm with the quality of players too. We don’t have a De Bruyne,Foden,Haaland,Silva etc etc.
    City looked a bit chaotic in the first half though. Chelsea could have been 3 or 4 ahead.

To be fair, watching the two games back to back, if you were uninformed, you would never have guessed that the two games were between teams in the same league.
  • Is it fair to theoretically ask Moyes where he sees our chances being created from?

If Kudus is left wing, is he comfortable there and able? He was a lot more dangerous when on the right with Bowen up front.

Bowen, when on the right, is not a creator. He's basically waaiting to be put in (a bit like Salah who I believe he says he models his game on).

Is it Coufal and Emerson? Just them? Is JWP a creator or a set piece player? If hes behind the striker is he going to threrad passes?

Was Phillips ever a creator? Alverez obviously not.

Yes we are obviously missing Paquetta. Firstly because hes quality and secondly he is basically our creator.

The way we play, as in most of us defending and hoping to shoot a ball up quickly to Bowen etc., creativity is an obvious issue. Thats aside from us being boring and scared to play positively

I'm not detailuing anything earthshatteringly complicated or something never heard before. We all know why and where we struggle. In hindsight its pretty easy to say but where is our back up creator for Paquetta? Are we really a team that relies on our RB and LB and we dont even play wingbacks to help with this.

Being a counter attacking side, we need balls for Bowen, Antonio (today) and Kudus. If we are set up for this then apart from being easy to read, wheres the creative plan B?

I've always been a Moyes Out. Whether people agree or not, its not as if its just blind dislike for Moyes. It really isnt...

Lastly, even though Forets recent form has not been good, they are notrmally pretty strong results wise at home. Elanga has direct pace and Gibbs White has that and is a skillful player (Id snatch him up and have him as our no10). Before his injury their big forward actually knows where the back of the net is. He and Gibbs White wuuld be in our team. Not even to mention Hudson Odoi (who along with Loftus Cheek I wouldve been pleased is we'd have taken him from Chelsea for peanuts basically and it seems like hes settled in now)

They are offensively capable of goals. It just feels like a contrast to our capacity to create chances (hoping that Kudus and Bowen can feed off scraps isnt really cutting it)

• edited February 18
    Regarding the Phillips red - a bit like the Coufal one at Sheffield United - it really was an unnecessary red card from the referee. He didn’t need to send him off. Two very soft bookings in a short period of time & if we’re going to start sending players off for two of those offences each week then we won’t finish many PL games with 11 men. Very poor from the ref.
  • Lukerz said:

Regarding the Phillips red - a bit like the Coufal one at Sheffield United - it really was an unnecessary red card from the referee. He didn’t need to send him off. Two very soft bookings in a short period of time & if we’re going to start sending players off for two of those offences each week then we won’t finish many PL games with 11 men. Very poor from the ref.

While I agree it was soft, I personally think the bigger mistake was by Phillips, NOT the referee, whey even give the ref an option, is was dumb to say the least.....in all honesty I didn't see what Moyes did saying he thought Phillips had been decent before being sent off, he was bang average IMO, and offered little in the game...
  • He was average, I agree, but for me it’s never two bookable offences in a game that didn’t have a nasty moment.
  • Decided to sleep on it before making my comments.
    Firstly, whilst I was generally disappointed with the display yesterday (and obviously the result) I did see some positives.
    I thought Antonio did okay on his return. At least he added some hustle upfront.
    We had a couple of good chances which could have been converted with more composure. Antonio completely fluffed his lines and Bowen was clear through and had an easy pass to Kudus but took the shot on.
    What’s worrying to me is Emerson’s form. Is part of the reason that he’s now playing with partners he’s not used to (Paqueta, Benrahma). I thought Bowen was very ineffectual today even though he was back in his favored position. He seems to have a certain amount of protection from criticism whenever we’re apportioning blame.
    Regarding KP’s sending off. The 2nd yellow was soft as he was just going for the ball and I also think Gibbs White made a meal of it. The first yellow was all his fault though as he should never have reacted that way.
    We’ve picked up a number of unnecessary yellows recently for dissent and we need to cut it out. Antonio also picked up one yesterday. I mentioned this a few weeks ago.
  • I am always amazed at the brains of footballers regard yellow cards. Phillips second booking was soft but the first was stupid, he must know that ref's have to book that lashing out. Add to that Antonio'S for remonstrating with a linesman who has already given his decision and we got two yellows from indiscipline. The craziest was the Forest player taking his shirt off.

When you are competing strongly in a match you are always liable to mistime a tackle and pick one up so you can't afford to get yellows for nothing, and that's exactly what happened to Phillips, even though I think the official reffed the players reaction rather than the challenge.

Our ref was poor but the Liverpool VAR should be sacked.

No penalty apparently, he leaves the ground as he slams himself into him.
    https://x.com/ManCityOracle/status/1759199842750828587?s=20
  • edited February 18

No penalty apparently, he leaves the ground as he slams himself into him.
    https://x.com/ManCityOracle/status/1759199842750828587?s=20

I commented on that "challenge" during the match in the "Other Games" thread, a dreadful decision.

• A crazy decision Buffy, one of those in which you couldn't imagine a thousand fans not stating it's a penalty but the one who matters in the VAR booth somehow sees it differently to everyone else. I always imagine officials are often poor rather than corrupt but it's hard to reconcile such blatantly bad officiating.

I rarely gave ref's a hard time unless they were right on top of the action as I was always aware of the split second nature of a decision, but there is no excuse for ones like this now with VAR.
  • Ours still the only home win this weekend.
  • And next week ours could be the only home loss =)
  • Not trawling through any stats but wouldn’t bet against our 2024 form being the worst in the PL.

Including the Forest game, our form in the PL in 2024 (last 6 matches) is 19th out of 20, we're a point above Burnley.
  • edited February 19

Not trawling through any stats but wouldn’t bet against our 2024 form being the worst in the PL.

Including the Forest game, our form in the PL in 2024 (last 6 matches) is 19th out of 20, we're a point above Burnley.
    But we're still 9th, it's a poor run of results and we need to get back to winning ways asap.
  • steve said:

And next week ours could be the only home loss =)

That’s the spirit!

• I've just watched the game, astro having delayed it then cancelled it. I watched to see how much pain I can endure. What struck me most was the lack of team spirit- Areola made several key saves and I didn't notice any defender congratulating him. Worryingl.