Forest (A) Saturday 3pm

It's the Cheik Kouyate derby on Saturday.

We're 8th in the away table this season, with 17 points from our 12 away games so far. Forest have lost half of their home matches, and - like us - haven't won in the league since December, when they - like us - beat Man Utd at home. Nuno came in in December to replace Steve Cooper, and won his second and third games in charge, and the only win since then came in a third round replay against Blackpool, deep into extra time.

The dangermen are undoubtedly Taiwo Awoniyi and Morgan Gibbs-White. Awoniyi has 5 goals this season, but missed a chunk with a groin injury which also forced him out of ACON. He's back now, and has one goal in four since returning. He's scored both times he's played against us. Gibbs-White - the one player I would sign for West Ham if it was up to me - has 2 goals and 4 assists, and pretty much everything goes through him. He's not had a brilliant season, but he's the type to hurt opposition out of nothing.

Forest will be without Chris Wood - who had been in decent form recently - but he's the only certain absentee. Gonzalo Montiel has been injured, but is expected back, whilst Ibrahim Sangare, Olo Aina, Willy Boly and Serge Aurier should return after ACON.

For us, it's still question marks over Michail Antonio and Lucas Paqueta. Both are listed as having potential return dates of this weekend on Premier Injuries dot com, but we'll see.

I don't know if we'll get changes to the side that got murdered by Arsenal. Part of me thinks Moyes will put them out there to try and regain some honour.

Areola; Coufal Zouma Aguerd Emerson; Alvarez Soucek Ward-Prowse; Kudus Bowen Johnson

Comments

• edited February 13
    alderz said:

Serge Aurier should return after ACON.

Except he won't be returning to Nottingham as he joined Galatasaray on loan until the end of the season

CM/DM Orel Mangala who was in the starting XI against us in November us has also gone on loan to Lyon

Only one major signing in January, Belgian GK Matz Sels from RC Strasbourg on deadline day for £5m, he's started both games since and has conceded four goals already

They also loaned 21yo LW/RW/Am Giovanni Reyna from Borussia Dortmund who has made 2 apps as a sub and 18yo Cf Rodrigo Ribeiro from Sporting who got a minute against Bournemouth

They've played 7 EPL matches under Nuno Espirito Santo, W2, D1, L4, and while they've failed to keep a clean sheet in any of them they have managed to score in all of them

Chris Wood was thriving under NES, 5 goals in four games before he injured his hamstring against Arsenal

Awoniyi has scored 5 but three of those were in Forest's first three games, he's only scored 2 in the last 12 appearances, the last against Arsenal after he'd replaced Wood and he didn't manage a shot on goal against Newcastle

Along with Gibbs-White we'll need to pay close attention to Hudson-Odoi who has scored in both the last two games

Best guess

Sels
    Williams Niakhate Murillo Aina
    Yates Danilo
    Elanga Gibbs-White Hudson-Odoi
    Awoniyi
  • The way Zouma was moving on Sunday, I don't think he should be anywhere near the squad, let alone the starting 11.
    Apart from that, his overall play leaves a lot to be desired.
  • edited February 13
    Areola
    Coufal - Mavropanos - Zouma - Emerson
    Phillips - Alvarez - Ward-Prowse
    Bowen - Ings - Kudus
  • The way Zouma was moving on Sunday, I don't think he should be anywhere near the squad, let alone the starting 11.
    Apart from that, his overall play leaves a lot to be desired.

I've been saying for weeks that he seems shot. I know he's had knee issues for a good while, but he's just fallen off a cliff; he's getting worse and worse by the game.

On top of that, Forest are quite pacy and like to counter, so there's no way on Earth Zouma should be starting this one.

• Paqueta back in training

Although "back on the grass" could mean he's chilling out on skunk

• edited February 16
    From NES's press conference

Ibrahim Sangare, Willy Boly and Ola Aina will not be available so the squad will be "basically the same" as against Newcastle

"We are offensively very strong, we are scoring and creating a lot of chances, but we have to improve in the other box. We have to be more aggressive and solve situations because we are conceding goals from our own mistakes."

Starting XI v Newcastle was

Sels
    Williams Niakhate Murillo Tavares
    Yates Domiguez
    Elanga Gibbs-White Hudson-Odoi
    Awoniyi
  • Moyes saying paqueta is not ready ,but Antonio is in the squad
  • edited February 16
    Team news from today's presser:

"Lucas Paquetá is not fit and available for tomorrow. he's ben on the grass for a couple of days, but he's not ready yet.

"We've missed Lucas loads. We've had a few players out recently, but I can see other teams who have had similar issues, and that's part of the game.

"Michail Antonio's back available. We need to see exactly how he is, but he's back in the squad.

"Kurt Zouma is fine. The bigger issue was Edson Álvarez who came off with illness last time out, but he's fine as well."

https://www.whufc.com/news/live-david-moyes-pre-nottingham-forest-press-conference

The most concerning thing about this is not that Paqueta isn't available, but the fact that Moyes thinks Zouma is fine, when it's pretty clear that he's been far from it for weeks now.
  • I think it’s more likely that the guy who has access to a medical team that monitor Zouma every day is correct about about his health than us watching. He doesn’t look right to me, but the doctors and physios definitely know more than I do
  • edited February 16
    I wasn't specifically referring to his health, which may be OK for living, but certainly doesn't look good enough to enable him to be a Premier League footballer. Yes, he may be able to go out and be on the pitch for 90 minutes, but it doesn't mean he's physically able to perform to the required level.

I agree the doctors and physios know more than you (and maybe even more than me 😂🤣😂), but I think anyone (apart from Moyes it seems) who has been watching us play recently will say that Zouma doesn't look fit enough to play as well as he needs to.

It's a bit like doctors saying Mo Farah can still run 10,000m. Yes, I'm sure he could, but he wouldn't be in contention for an Olympic medal in Paris this year because he's not in that kind of shape any more. Likewise, Zouma can probably get through 90 minutes, but that doesn't mean that he'll be able to play very well.
  • If we stop their wingers we'll win this. If we don't...
  • Hudson-Odoi is on form, should be an interesting contest between him and Coufal
  • Areola, Coufal, Zouma ©, Aguerd, Emerson, Phillips, Álvarez, Ward-Prowse, Kudus, Antonio, Bowen
    Subs: Fabiański (GK), Johnson, Ogbonna, Mavropanos, Cresswell, Souček, Cornet, Mubama, Ings

Zouma starts 😭😭😭. Antonio back as well.
  • Happy with that team, let's hope Antonio is ready to make an impact, at his best he is just what we need. I also agree with starting Phillips as we need to get him up to speed quickly.
  • So are we looking at 60 mins for Antonio
  • On the other side Hudson-Odoi missing, replaced by 29yo Canadian international Richie Laryea who was on loan with Vancouver in the MLS until 31 December

Felipe preferred to Moussa Niakhate at CB and Danilo in for Yates at CM
  • On the other side Hudson-Odoi missing, replaced by 29yo Canadian international Richie Laryea who was on loan with Vancouver in the MLS until 31 December

Felipe preferred to Moussa Niakhate at CB and Danilo in for Yates at CM

Hudson-Odoi is starting according to my stream.

Really can't see us keeping a clean sheet, so we'd better score a few.
  • Ah, so that's how the ref is going to ref this game, is it. yay.
  • What a save from Areola

• Hudson-Odoi is starting according to my stream.

Really can't see us keeping a clean sheet, so we'd better score a few.

misled by the BBC

• Aaarrgghh.
  • Kudus booked already
  • And Gibbs White booked for them. What a rubbish free kick routine
  • Harsh yellow for Kudus
  • Kudus booked already

Paqueta had a tenner on that 🤣😁😛
  • Zouma lucky to escape a yellow, he shouldn't be on the pitch.
  • Zouma lucky to escape a yellow, he shouldn't be on the pitch.

I know he’s not been in much form recently, but the guy is the best defender we have by a country mile, IMO.
  • Can't keep the ball
  • I've been keeping such an eye as TV cameras will allow and I think he's doing ok.