Manchester United (A) 2:00pm Sunday, 4th February 2024

Comments

• Those substitutions haven’t helped us.
    The board has to take some blame for not bringing in a forward. Should have gone in for Broja.
    7th place without a positive GD.
  • We’ve had more attempts than them but mostly nowhere near the goal.
  • Wolves have scored 4 again today. I don’t think we’ve scored 4 this year.
  • edited February 4
    23 attempts and only 3 on target is pitiful. They only had about half that number of attempts with 5 on target but 3 went in.
  • Games like this is why people want Moyes out. I'm not saying I'm one of them.
  • We could be down to ninth after next weeks games.
  • Games like this is why people want Moyes out. I'm not saying I'm one of them.

They wanted us to have more of the ball and more shots. We had that today. They should be happy.
  • So that’s that, a very flattering result in my mind, the history books will record what looks like a comprehensive defeat, however that does not tell the whole story as we created our share of chances, played more on the front foot and imo, moved and passed the ball pretty well overall.

Ironically feel less frustrated than I did on Thursday when we managed to walk away with a point.
  • Bowen has not really been in the mix in the last few games. We need to get him back on the wing into his favoured position.
  • MIAHammer said:

Bowen has not really been in the mix in the last few games. We need to get him back on the wing into his favoured position.

What we need is Paqueta back to play the passes into him and Kudus. There’s nobody else with his craft
  • MIAHammer said:

We could be down to ninth after next weeks games.

We could still get relegated.
  • The game really turned after Emerson missed that chance instead of squaring it and they went up the other end and scored. Up until that point you could argue that we were the better side, certainly much better than the other night.
    3-0 is a bit flattering for them.
  • edited February 4

MIAHammer said:

We could be down to ninth after next weeks games.

We could still get relegated.
    Mathematically, yes.
  • Mathematically we can win the league
  • Some bright patches but Bowen and Kudos were subdued. We didn't have anyone to lead the line. 3-0 is a bit harsh. When will we get our first 2024 win?
  • edited February 4
    I'm guessing I got lucky starting work 12:16pm and not starting my break until 4:15pm...
  • I suppose we should have thought about getting another forward in the transfer window :-)
  • We need a striker, end of.

Bowen on the right, and I would have Kudus as 10 and Paqueta left.

If only we had a striker to compliment that.
  • edited February 4
    Most of the PL teams would think the same but FPP has stymied most clubs. I would expect Philips wages about match the sum of Pablo and Benni so I doubt there was much to play with. According to DM we tried for a couple but couldn’t get them. Pointless paying over the odds and then getting a points deduction which I’m sure is going to happen to some clubs.
  • I dont get why this isnt obvious to the management. The guy from PSG wouldve been great. Getting Broja on loan not the worst thing ever. There has to be a striker out there that would compliment the team and its been a long time waiting
  • It's so obvious that you think there must be something we're not privy to.
  • There’s probably a few strikers out there who would compliment the team but it doesn’t mean you can necessarily get them. There’s not, as far as I know, a football tinder where clubs can just look and swipe that’s job done.
  • There's a comment by thornbury I never expected to read :o
  • Me neither. This forum is the closest I get to anything resembling social media or interactive apps.
  • I guess we may be a little afraid of making another mistake as we did go out and sign a striker during the last winter window, but it was Ings, which hasn't worked out. I have some sympathy as we play a very specific way through counter attacking so we probably need a hard running strong attacker, like Antonio on his best days. We could probably give Harry Kane his worst season ever.
  • edited February 4
    We did lots right, 22 shots & 13 of those were inside the box. We had 50-50 of the ball when we usually struggle to get to the 40% mark. A deflection, error & poor defending/clinical finish for the first was the difference. Emerson squares the ball & it’s a different game. Bowen finishes when clean through & we’re back in it.

We need Paqueta back & would also benefit from Antonio being an option. Bowen has done a good job but relying on him week after week as a number 9 is not fair.

We probably played as well today as we have done since beating Wolves 3-0.
  • Lukerz said:

We probably played as well today as we have done since beating Wolves 3-0.

On the plus side we aren't Chelsea who got stuffed by Wolves and spent £82m on two strikers in the summer
  • edited February 5
    Man U copying the Paqueta/Kusas sitting celebration? Meh

Johnson might be a DM/CM but he's useless as a RB/RWB/RM
  • Sad that Utd have to copy Kudus celebration. Actually, more pathetic. Another reason not to like them and there are already lots!
  • Apparently they weren’t copying Kudus but Ronaldo used to do it although I don’t remember that.