Manchester United (A) 2:00pm Sunday, 4th February 2024

Comments

• Sausages,….to be fair he took it well but our defence lost all shape and each other
  • Best guess

Onana
    Dalot Varane Martinez Shaw
    Mainoo Casemiro
    Garnacho Feranades Rashford
    Hajlund

surprised to see Maquire in for Varane as he’s hardly had 5 minutes playing time since returning from a groin injury
  • On the plus side, our ladies have just come from behind to beat Arsenal , 2-1. A cracking result.
  • Did Zouma get punched in the face there?
  • A quick jab.
  • Johnson’s been our best player so far.
  • It was a delibrate hand in the face. Didnt think that was allowed? 🤷‍♂️
  • Hojlund just caught Zouma in the face, obviously nothing given.
  • So zouma stayed down there to the slightest of touches, there was contact but frankly, that looked embarrassing.

He was in an advanced position and we had good possession, shaking my head emoji
  • Did Zouma get punched in the face there?

Yes but unless one of our players gets shot, we're not going to get anything in their penalty area.
  • Johnson needs to stay behind after training and work on his crossing.
  • Hojland with both arms round Zouma's neck there.
  • edited February 4
    Garnacho has seemed to move to the left as Emerson seems to have his number.
  • Despite the score, a much improved performance imo.
  • edited February 4
    Very good performance - all West Ham fans should be happy so far. Bravery second half & we can win this, still.
  • Soucek off for Phillips at HT for me.
  • Much better set up today
  • Happy with how we are playing ,Not so much with the score
  • A really decent half, this is a results business and we are down today after nicking a point on Thursday, but I am far happier with the team today.

The goal apart when we temporarily lost our shape and a bit of composure, we are away to Man Utd and, imo, have been the better team.

We are not out of this one

COYI
  • Good possession since their goal but haven’t really troubled Onana from open play.
  • edited February 4
    Phillips on for Soucek, I would go.
  • Their goal was really well taken, we have played with intent since then and I feel sure a chance or two will come if we can feed something into Bowen or Kudus. We need them to receive more centrally however so Emmerson and Coufal will really need to throw caution to the wind a little more and get forward.
  • edited February 4
    Looks like Fab on
  • That was quite a thump Areola took early on. So not surprised he was subbed.
  • Jim Beglin obviously knows the score, has just said Fabianski is good at saving penalties. If the match is in doubt, he, like the rest of us, expects the ref to help Man Utd out.
  • Emerson not MOTM.
  • Oh well
  • What was Emerson doing? And people want Maguire?
  • Big deflection, Fabianski no chance.
  • At least Maguire can defend