Bristol City (A) 19.45 Tuesday, January 16th, or 14.45 USA (East Coast)

edited January 8 in Match Threads
Here goes. Another chance to knock off those pesky Bristols.

Comments

• If we start this game with the players who ended the last game, then I see nothing but a loss.
  • I think we’ll be lucky to be able to start with those who finished. Would be very surprised if any of the three injured yesterday will be ready for Tuesday.
  • At least the game is Tuesday (rather than Wednesday), and the following game is on the Sunday rather than the Saturday; more chance players like Zouma and Ogbonna have a chance of playing both if, as likely, they need to.
  • Cornet to start and score the winner...🤞
  • Who knows who will be fit.

Fabianski; Coufal Johnson Ogbonna Emerson; Alvarez; Cornet Soucek JWP Benrahma; Mubama
  • So all the replays are on Tuesday except Everton v Palace who played Thursday evening, three days before we did

Most likely Wolves vs Brentford will be on TV Tuesday night as it is the only replay featuring two Premier League teams but somebody at the FA must love either Everton or Palace to award them two televised matches in the 3rd round
  • The FA don't award them, the TV companies select them.
    Bristol Rovers v Norwich has moved to Wednesday for obvious reasons.
  • Ours may be a good candidate for viewing as it’s the most obvious potential shock although after Sunday to most observers it wouldn’t be a shock.
  • That's the spirit.
  • Paqueta could be out of four weeks. Bowen is injured, Mavropanos is injured and Kudus on international duty has hamstring problems.
    https://www.theguardian.com/football/2024/jan/09/blow-for-west-ham-as-lucas-paqueta-is-set-to-be-sidelined-for-four-weeks
    Suddenly we have loads of problems and poor quality replacements.

For the Bristol game Fornals, Cornet, Mubama, Ings and Benrahma could play but none have looked likely to deliver anything. Important EPL games loom but can we field a decent team? May be Moyes will rethink tactics and find some gems in the Development squad. I like the look of Marshall. He reminds me of young Tony Cottee and is good at finding that bit of space.
  • Tuesdays replay confirmed on BBC.
  • And now I am desperately trying to change my shift as I've got 1:57pm - 10:19pm on Tuesday and 12:31pm - 6:39pm on Wednesday!!!
  • edited January 9
    Blackpool v Forest on TV Wednesday even though earlier it was scheduled for Tuesday. Guess the TV people decided that Thursday night's match was so boring they didn't want to risk a repeat...
  • Blackpool v Forest on TV Wednesday even though earlier it was scheduled for Tuesday. Guess the TV people decided that Thursday night's match was so boring they didn't want to risk a repeat...

But they still picked us 😂
  • IronHerb said:

But they still picked us 😂

I think we had more shots in the first 30 minutes than Palace and Everton had combined in 90 minutes
  • Fair point. 😁
  • edited January 12
    Bristol City away at Preston tomorrow

Good news, I've swapped my shift so Tuesday I finish 6:40pm
  • edited January 14
    Fabianski
    Coufal - Mavropanos - Zouma - Emerson
    Ward-Prowse - Soucek - Alvarez - Fornals
    Benrahma
    Cornet
  • Moyes will have little choice other than play his strongest available starting eleven.
    Fabianski
    Coufal - Mavropanos/Zouma - Ogbonna- Emerson
    Ward-Prowse - Soucek - Alvarez
    Cornet - Ings -Benrahma
    With a mixture of Johnson, Cresswell, Formals, Mubama and youth on the bench
  • edited January 14
    No mention on any injuries yesterday so Bristol line up will be pretty much the same as the first match

Moyes will have little choice other than play his strongest available starting eleven.
    Fabianski
    Coufal - Mavropanos/Zouma - Ogbonna- Emerson
    Ward-Prowse - Soucek - Alvarez
    Cornet - Ings -Benrahma
    With a mixture of Johnson, Cresswell, Formals, Mubama and youth on the bench

Cornet hasn't started since Lincoln City in September, more likely Fornals on the left and Benrahma on the right
  • It could be ASLEF but Fornals does not inspire me at the moment as an attacking threat. I know that Cornet has hardly started a game but maybe this is his chance and he has played on the right.
  • At this point I just don't to want pick up any further injuries, and a win would just be a bonus. It would however seem an ideal game to give Cornet a start, to see what he can do or at least have him in the window if we intend to sell him.
  • But if Cornet plays and has a stinker .No one will want him .At lest now some team might think there's a player in there =)
  • He has to get a start. It’s ridiculous we’ve had him over 18 months & he’s barely had a start. I know he had injuries but this is a chance for him to see what he can do. If not, you have to wonder if there is more going on.
  • We need pace without Kudus and Bowen.
    Cornet has that.
  • edited January 16
    Fabiański, Coufal, Mavropanos, Zouma ©, Cresswell, Emerson, Souček, Ward-Prowse, Benrahma, Cornet, Ings
    Subs: Areola (GK), Anang (GK), Johnson, Ogbonna, Casey, Mubama, Marshall, Scarles

No Alvarez in the squad at all, raises red flags for me for the next match v Sheffield Utd.
  • Cresswell and Emerson? 3-5-2?
  • Academy bench.
    I’m sick already of the local news as anyone would think the big shock would be if we win.
  • Sad bench.

But unlike other managers I could mention, I haven't heard our management team whinging.
  • No just us =)