Bristol City (H) 14.00 Sunday, January 7th, or 9.00am USA (East Coast)

124»

Comments

• 4 minutes added.
  • Free kick for City 5 yards outside our box.
  • It was chipped in rather than a shot, and nothing comes of it.
  • Bowen down injured 😱😱😱
  • A dreadful afternoon, we lose Paqueta, Mavropanos and possibly Bowen to injury, and now have to face a replay that eats into our winter break.
  • Also, I know it’s one game, but Mubama won’t have loads of opportunities to play. He needs to do way more than that!
  • We started strongly and initially looked comfortable, Ward Prowse and Fornals had a couple of decent efforts where we could have gone two or three up, I know that we then had a couple of key injuries early on but frankly, after that first 20mins, we were pretty poor and Bristol City probably deserved the win.

Ho hum
  • edited January 7
    That was pathetic and on that performance we won’t win the replay anyway. Without Paquetá and Kudus we are totally toothless. Almost certain our replay will be selected for TV so that will be a good watch for the neutrals.
    We have no real forward threat other than Bowen. Ings is a complete waste of space and Mubama making it look ridiculous he’s holding out for a bigger contract and more game time time. His level is the development squad and no higher at the moment. He’s going the Sonny Perkins route of thinking or being told he’s a lot better than he is.
  • Shows how reliant we are on Paquetá & Kudus
  • Disastrous game with loads of injuries. Our attacking threat disappeared once Paqueta went off. Mubama offered little and would struggle to get into the Bristol team. We were too static with little movement at the top. Fingers crossed for the replay but injuries are a worry for the second-half of the EPL.
  • Bowen helped off by physios at the end
  • Lukerz said:

Bowen helped off by physios at the end

It looked like a knee injury which are always a huge worry.

• I thought it was his ankle
  • Ings, the so-called fox in the box, wouldn't catch a legless chicken.
  • I didn't see the match but am surprised at the team selection, Paquetta rested for a quarter final against Liverpool but started against Bristol City after an injury.

A draw possibly worse than a loss in the circumstances.

• steve said:

I thought it was his ankle

Ankles can be very problematic as well, unfortunately 😭😭😭.

• If anyone needs cheering up just head over to the Arsenal forum.

My favourite is this

'Season over already and it's only January.'

They are 2 points off second and 5 points of of top In the league and through to the knock out stages of the Champions League.

And guess what? It's all our fault again. Typical, blamed for everything.

'The team is lacking so much confidence after one poor result is crazy that west ham game basically finish them.

Pathetic bunch and we put faith so much on them but most of them are soft minded explain by how they blow the chances'
  • I'm so glad for him that their equivalent of Mav, Bowen Paqueta and Kudus aren't missing for them :-O
  • Bazshuayi said:

I'm so glad for him that their equivalent of Mav, Bowen Paqueta and Kudus aren't missing for them :-O

They are missing though. They’re in Oggy’s pocket still
  • C&H says Paqueta and Bowen will have scans today, Paqueta has the same knee problem as last time, Bowen is an ankle

No word on Mavropanos
  • If anyone needs cheering up just head over to the Arsenal forum.

My favourite is this

'Season over already and it's only January.'

They are 2 points off second and 5 points of of top In the league and through to the knock out stages of the Champions League.

And guess what? It's all our fault again. Typical, blamed for everything.

'The team is lacking so much confidence after one poor result is crazy that west ham game basically finish them.

Pathetic bunch and we put faith so much on them but most of them are soft minded explain by how they blow the chances'

There’s your modern day fan right there.

• Should we get through, we're home to Forest or Blackpool.
  • Tuesday 16th jan is our replay
  • Must admit I'm really worried waiting for injury updates on Bowen, Paqueta and Mavropanos.
  • Just seen the game (delayed over here) and I'm not surprised someone was injured. The ref allowed some early tackles that took the player rather than the ball, Pring should have been booked several times, and Mavrapanos' injury was from deliberate dangerous play. 😳
  • Just seen the game (delayed over here) and I'm not surprised someone was injured. The ref allowed some early tackles that took the player rather than the ball, Pring should have been booked several times, and Mavrapanos' injury was from deliberate dangerous play. 😳

This