Bristol City (H) 14.00 Sunday, January 7th, or 9.00am USA (East Coast)

Comments

• Bristol City are a dirty team and referee has been very lenient. Couldn't see what Alvarez is booked for. WHU need another goal. A ball player who could retain the ball is needed to get the team upfield and draw fouls. Benrahma or Cornet?
  • Starting Paqueta was always a risky move given his injury last week & his importance with Kudus away at AFCON. Mavropanos is just an unfortunate one, but not sure the Paqueta one was a risk worth taking. Whoever advised from our medical team needs questioning.
  • All in all a decent half, Bowens goal was truly excellent , a really crafty ball from Paq but Bowen still had a lot to do.

Fornals showing flashes of his old self which was nice to see
  • Mubama needs a Championship / League one Level loan, needs to get used to the physical side of the game.
  • edited January 7
    We’ve started off a bit dozy this half. City well on top.
  • Bristol City really shoulda scored there, and we're definitely second best atm.
  • Lucky to still be ahead. We’re riding our luck here.
  • We are allowing them to get back in this game, we are riding our luck this half
  • edited January 7

Mubama needs a Championship / League one Level loan, needs to get used to the physical side of the game.

Yeah, he's getting a long run out here so we're getting a chance to see how he does against a top half Championship side; so far he's not exactly shining.

• Oh dear
  • Was coming.
  • I don't think we've even had an attempt on goal in the second half so far.
  • edited January 7
    We’re being outplayed at the moment. Need to get a grip.
  • We've been so poor second halg
  • Unfortunately Fornals is now showing flashes of his new self - ho hum
  • They’re looking more likely to get a second than us.
  • Finally an attempt, but Soucek's header is well over the bar.
  • Cornets coming on!
  • Need the Captain to step up, but i think if he does he might end up on the treatment table.
  • Mubama showing that he’s nowhere near a top first team place.
  • edited January 7
    Johnson and Cornet coming on shortly.

And Ings too by the look of things.

Coufal, Fornals and Alvarez off.
  • 4-4-2 to end the game
  • Its ings time =)
  • Their goal has woken us up a bit but you have to ask yourself, why that should be.
  • edited January 7
    Lukerz said:

4-4-2 to end the game

With how deep Ings often plays could be a 5-4-1. 😂🤣😂

City score, but he's at least 5 yards offside, why did the lino need to let that continue?

• edited January 7
    That was another one of those ridiculous, “I know he is offside but I cannot put my flag up moments”

He was so far off that he was in danger of being carded for kicking the ball away
  • Shocking pass by Ings there gives up possession as we try to build something.
  • Now Ings puts it in the side netting after a bit of pinball in their 6 yard box.
  • If anyone deserves to win this it’s City. A replay is not what we want as it’s a waste of our winter break.