Arsenal (A) 20.15 Thursday 28th - or 15.15 in the USA (east coast)

Comments

• edited December 2023
    Penalty….given away by Declan. Benny taking it but saved.
  • Penalty. Rice been one of our best players
  • Benrahma missses.
  • But full time, 0-2.
  • 3 PL wins and 3 PL clean sheets after our 5-0 drubbing against Fulham.
  • Some bodies on the line stuff, brilliant defending.
  • edited December 2023
    A great defensive performance by ALL. Happy New Year to us - 2023 closes on another high.⚒
  • edited December 2023
    What a result, what a truly great team performance, so many outstanding today but Alvaras did it for me - certainly did not expect that, especially with a makeshift central defence who were all hero’s today.

not even worried about Bennys penalty miss,

COYI .

• What a result!!!
  • Don't know how to pick a motm .
    Not Bennie. But everyone else in with a shout.

Including Rice 😂
  • From the BBC:

FT: Arsenal 0-2 West Ham

Wild scenes in the away end.

Rarely have I seen David Moyes celebrate like this. He's in front of West Ham's travelling fans showing his appreciation by waving his arms in the air.

The Hammers started 2023 17th in the table. By winning their final match of the calendar year, they're up to sixth.
  • That was the performance of the season so far. The defensive display was superb and the shape was so well drilled and acted like a wall by never over committing and just leaving few outlets for the player with the ball.

To achieve that without Zouma, Aguerd and Paquetta is even more impressive.

I will reserve my only moan for Benni missing the penalty and denying the away fans a carnival, he was too casual and repeated the cup final placing which I am sure was the reference point the keeper had. I will forgive him as he played his part in that as he did a lot of tracking back and defending.

Well done Moyes and every single player on that pitch.
  • So happy to be proven wrong. Well played lads. Yippee
  • Absolutely marvellous defensive performance against a fantastic side. Not enough superlatives for that performance, every single player was outstanding.
    Brilliant stuff.🎉
  • We've been lucky in a few games where we've been vastly inferior for periods (eg first half v Chelsea, first half v Spurs) and the opposition shoulda been out of sight, but amazingly we managed to win both. I've got a feeling we might not be so lucky in this one (it's gonna happen at some point) and we'll be 3 down by half time.

So very happy to have been so very wrong.
  • I think the commentator said this is the most points we've ever had in the PL after 19 games. We had 32 in the 20/21 season.
  • We were excellent. The 30 shots stat doesn’t really tell the story. We defended really well.
  • I think the commentator said this is the most points we've ever had in the PL after 19 games. We had 32 in the 20/21 season.

Moyes out.

Oh.
    Hang on...
  • I can’t believe anybody is Moyes out. Some may want him to leave when his contract expires, but surely nobody advocates him being sacked.

Incredible manager.
  • And isn't it nice to be on the other end of the 'scores against his old club ' fairytale!
  • Judging by the interview Moyes just gave on Prime, sounds like a new contract will happen
  • And why not.
  • Also sounded like we shouldn't expect too much money to be spent in January, despite the fact that I think we had a negative net spend in the summer.
  • edited December 2023
    And don't forget Spurs got thumped as well.......... Santa clearly saved one present for this evening!

A fantastic opportunity next week as places 5-8 all play each other.
    West ham Vs Brighton
    Man Utd vs Spurs

Correction Spurs play them on the 14th and play Bournemouth next.
  • Declan was clearly struggling mentally today. A very off performance by him.
  • Best result of the season. Outstanding defensive performance. Well done Ogbonna and Mavro, I did doubt them.
  • Lukerz said:

I can’t believe anybody is Moyes out. Some may want him to leave when his contract expires, but surely nobody advocates him being sacked.

Incredible manager.

Just wait until we’ve lost a game or two……

• Slacker said:

Lukerz said:

I can’t believe anybody is Moyes out. Some may want him to leave when his contract expires, but surely nobody advocates him being sacked.

Incredible manager.

Just wait until we’ve lost a game or two……

Why do you feel the need to post a negative comment after a fantastic result

• edited December 2023
    Really?
    I reckon most would agree that I’m probably the most positive person on here mate.😂
  • I thought the Ref had a good game, he didn't allow the crowd to influence him on a couple of close calls which were found to be ultimately correct but must have been close in real time. He had a good match I thought.