Arsenal (A) 20.15 Thursday 28th - or 15.15 in the USA (east coast)

Due to popular demand, my second match thread…
I predict a 2 - 1 away win.

Comments

• I predict a LOSS =)
  • Live on amazon prime.
    A draw would be a great result.
    Need a strong line up to stand any chance.
    Havertz suspended for them - not a great loss imo.
  • steve said:

I predict a LOSS =)

But for which team? 🤷‍♂️
  • The gunners of course =)
  • steve said:

The gunners of course =)

Of course. 😬
  • Arteta has stuck with the same XI for the last four Premier League matches

Raya
    White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
    Odegaard Rice Havertz
    Saka Jesus Martinelli

Havertz is suspended after picking up a 5th yellow against Liverpool, most likely will be replaced by Trossard who previously started when Havertz was dropped to the bench

Tomiyasu and Partey both injured
  • Let's hope they go all Spursy. Or should it be called Arsey? 0-0 Would be a brilliant result, we haven't won there since Highbury days (statboys check incoming)
  • edited December 2023

Let's hope they go all Spursy. Or should it be called Arsey? 0-0 Would be a brilliant result, we haven't won there since Highbury days (statboys check incoming)

Weren't we the last away team to win at Highbury and the first away team to win at the Emirates? I'm sure we have won at least once at the Emirates.

• Let's hope they go all Spursy. Or should it be called Arsey? 0-0 Would be a brilliant result, we haven't won there since Highbury days (statboys check incoming)

Weren't we the last away team to win at Highbury and the first away team to win at the Emirates? I'm sure we have won at least once at the Emirates.

IIRC, you are correct. wasn't one of the games when Sol Campbell went away in a right huff =)

Also, weren't we the the first team to both score and win at the spuds new gaff

Our last win away at the Emirates was opening day of 2015/16 season, Sunday 9th August 2015. 2-0 Zarate, Kouyate

Oh yes!

1st February 2006 Highbury 2-3
    7th April 2007 Emirates 1-0

Bobby Zamora scored in both games

Our record at the Emirates is W2 (2007, 2015), D1 (0-0 31 Jan 2009) L14

IIRC, you are correct. wasn't one of the games when Sol Campbell went away in a right huff =)

That was the 2006 Highbury game. Arsenal were 2-1 down after Campbell made errors that led to both goals. He was substituted at half time, walked out of Highbury and went missing for four days

Also, weren't we the the first team to both score and win at the spuds new gaff

Yes, 27th April 2019 1-0, Antonio
  • edited December 2023
    I expect a comfy defeat, possibly 3-0.

I just hope we have a good go, make it a derby game, play with aggression & show that dynamic side we have when we do have the ball.

Areola
    Coufal - Zouma (c) - Aguerd - Emerson
    Soucek - Alvarez - JWP
    Kudus - Bowen - Paqueta

We know we have a very decent first 11, especially the front 3. Kudus last game for us (possibly) before he goes away.
  • edited December 2023
    Lukerz said:

We know we have a very decent first 11, especially the front 3. Kudus last game for us (possibly) before he goes away.

Technically he shouldn't be available for the Brighton game (he sholud have been released for international duty by then) unless we've got dispensation from FIFA; when I posted this previously someone said definitively that he would be able to play so perhaps permission has been granted.

• I am thinking that this may go the same way as our last outing vs Spurs, strong defence and quick counters.

I think that Arsenal are more robust than Spurs and will prevail but I am calling for a close game with the gunners taking the laurels with a 2-1 win.

So long as we give them a game, I will be happy with that
  • edited December 2023
    We've been lucky in a few games where we've been vastly inferior for periods (eg first half v Chelsea, first half v Spurs) and the opposition shoulda been out of sight, but amazingly we managed to win both. I've got a feeling we might not be so lucky in this one (it's gonna happen at some point) and we'll be 3 down by half time.
  • edited December 2023
    Areola, Coufal, Ogbonna ©, Mavropanos, Emerson, Álvarez, Souček, Paquetá, Kudus, Ward-Prowse, Bowen

Subs: Fabiański (GK), Johnson, Cresswell, Kehrer, Fornals, Benrahma, Cornet, Ings, Mubama

A CB pairing of Ogbonna and Mavropanos doesn't inspire confidence tbh.
  • Oh dear. Second string CB pairing.

Let's hope they play better than against Liverpool.
  • Raya
    White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
    Odegaard Rice Trossard
    Saka Jesus Martinelli

Same starting XI with Trossard in for Havertz

A draw would be nice
  • Loss. The centre of the defence is what will do for us. I hope I'm wrong.
  • edited December 2023
    Oh dear No Zouma means no chance I fear. Lets hope Ogbonna can turn back the clock however as in his prime he would have been pushing Zouma for his place every week.

I suspect Alveraz will maybe play as a third centre back.
  • edited December 2023
    Amazon pre-match chat has suggested there's bad news to do with Paqueta coming 😱😱😱.
  • Paqueta limped off during the warm up - Fornals warming up. No Zouma or Aguerd.
    This could be another 5-0 thrashing.
  • Paqueta looks like he's starting.
  • Paqueta is playing!! Woohoo!
  • MIAHammer said:

Paqueta is playing!! Woohoo!

I hope he's 100% fit and we're not risking him getting seriously injured and out for a long stretch. With Kudus going to AFCON we can't afford to have Paqueta out as well.
  • Having been caught out by good skills from Odegaard, Emerson did well not to run into the back of Saka and give away a penalty.
  • Rice being booed every time he gets the ball. Not sure why our fans think this is a good idea. It never seems to work in our favour.
  • 0-1 Soucek
    Or is it? Waiting on VAR.
  • We score, but was it out? No conclusive evidence tbh.
  • Let's hope they agree, Buffy.