Other pl games weekend of 16 Dec and through weekend of 24rd

13»

Comments

• Coote is so far out of his depth. Booked Sterling for a dive when he clearly didn't.
  • Poch really needs to spend big in January.
  • edited December 2023
    It's a good season at present at the top in which if City win their game in hand from yesterday against Brentford at home we would have 5 teams within four points of each other at Christmas. I would find it difficult to call between City, Arsenal and Liverpool at present but would put my money on City again if I had to.

One good thing is that as sure as eggs is eggs (no idea what that means) we can rely on Spurs going all Spursy between now and the end of the season. I would like Villa to maintain their challenge but they will probably fall back from the big three unfortunately.

• Getting a bit more interesting at the bottom with Luton and Burnley winning
  • steve said:

Getting a bit more interesting at the bottom with Luton and Burnley winning

It is but I would be amazed if the relegation places are not filled by the existing three or two plus Nottingham Forest.
  • If Liverpool get their forwards firing then they'll challenge all the way (I dont think their defence will improve a lot but it wont be that bad if they have an outscore the other team mentality). I feel with Arsenal they need to buy a quality striker (Toney rumours obviously and I think he'd do well for them and possinly make a difference). If they do, I feel like they have the all round quality and bench back up that could see them win it. As for City, I just hope they have an off season and just never get into their normal winning runs. The fct that they dropped a fair few points so far makes the top of the league so much more interesting!

Conclusion... With a new striker, Arsenal to win it