Fulham Vs West Ham - Sun 10th Dec - 2pm kick off

I can't quite believe I am still doing these match threads as I thought that Spurs would end that run this evening. We go to Fulham on Sunday and both sides will be full of confidence after great mid-week results. We played really well against Spurs and showed real solidity in defence, whilst when Bowen and Kudus are on the pitch I always feel we have goals in the side, strangely I don't when we have our two actual strikers of Antonio and Ings playing.

We now have a bit of space from those teams under us and are right on the tails of those in the European places, Fulham will be a tough match but one we really need to go all out for the three points as it;s an opportunity to close further before a couple of harder matches to come later in the month. With Villa playing Arsenal and Spurs hosting Newcastle we have a chance to gain on those above us again.

1-2 Bowen & Paquetta

Comments

• Usually when we go Thursday / Sunday we make a handful of changes because our Europa side can come out. This time we have an important game against Freiburg on Thursday, and our first team just played. I predict a touch of rotation.

Fabianksi (unless Areola is fit)
    Kehrer Zouma Aguerd Cresswell
    Alvarez Soucek
    Kudus JWP Fornals
    Bowen
  • I realised during the Spurs match that I actually have more confidence in Fabianski than Areola. I rate Areola as a very good keeper but even at his ripe old age there is something in Fab that instils confidence.
  • I still think Fab is better at dealing with crosses, and equally good at dealing with things you’d expect him to save. Areola is, for me, better at pulling out unexpected saves and his distribution is better too (but not got loads)
  • Fab is the better keeper but he can’t help his age.
  • I think Moyes will hope we have enough in reserve to draw with Freiburg. No changes.
    This is the moment Paqueta hits form again.... 1-3, Paq Man scoring twice 😁
  • A win tomorrow will take us up to 6th.
  • MIAHammer said:

A win tomorrow will take us up to 6th.

We wouldn't stay there unless Newcastle lose at Spurs in the later kick off though.
  • So just in case anyone has forgotten - this is WHU on the back of a confidence building fabulous mid week game against a key rival…….so…………
  • This just feels like it could be a high scoring draw.
    But I hope we can nick a winner. 3-2 hammers win.
  • They’ve certainly found attacking rhythm of late. We have a good record against them.

2-2
  • Simples - this is our 3rd London derby in a week, 1st was a draw, 2nd was a win, 3rd must be a defeat ;)
  • MIAHammer said:

A win tomorrow will take us up to 6th.

We wouldn't stay there unless Newcastle lose at Spurs in the later kick off though.
    I'm banking on Spurs must win a game soon and Newcastle have lost a bit of form.
  • edited December 2023
    Fabiański, Coufal, Zouma ©, Aguerd, Cresswell, Souček, Ward-Prowse, Paquetá, Kudus, Fornals, Bowen
    Subs: Anang (GK), Kehrer, Emerson, Mavropanos, Ogbonna, Cornet, Benrahma, Ings, Mubama

Cresswell in for Emerson 😱😱😱 who drops to the bench, Fornals in for Alvarez who isn't in the matchday squad at all.
  • Cresswell. Mmm
  • Could go 6th with a win? I know how this goes.
  • Guess Alvarez must be injured .Why Cressie for Emerson I have no idea
  • Alvarez & Emerson have a virus but Emerson slightly better than Alvarez.
  • Fulham haven’t won in 11 London derbies. You know what that means!
    Plus I have Tony Gale on commentary. This could be a long morning.
  • edited December 2023
    Loving a bit of Faithless from the DJ just before the off.
  • Tony Gale is wrong a lot.
  • Tony Gale is wrong a lot.

And rarely has a positive word to say about West Ham.
  • That was a nice move starting with Cresswell. Shame Bowen couldn't do more with it.
  • Couple of signs early on that Paqueta and Fornals can link up really well.
  • Count the number of times Gale says ' he should have'
  • Anyone else having audio issues with streams? My commentary is about 30 seconds in front of my video, which is not great.
  • alderz said:

Anyone else having audio issues with streams? My commentary is about 30 seconds in front of my video, which is not great.

Mine is fine. It’s nice
  • edited December 2023
    alderz said:

Anyone else having audio issues with streams? My commentary is about 30 seconds in front of my video, which is not great.

Mine is "fubo sports" via a streaming service and it is in sync.
  • Just me then
  • Mine's ok, alderz. ( Ovostream)
  • Some old school chants by the fans there.