Fulham Vs West Ham - Sun 10th Dec - 2pm kick off

124»

Comments

• I can't remember anyone actually winning a tackle all game.
  • Proper fans in the away end making themselves heard 👏
  • Mavropanos worries me, his distribution is poor and general awareness appears lacking, not quite up to speed with the premier league

The guys barely played in the league. I don’t know how anyone can be expected to get up to speed without playing, tbh.
  • Why is Bowen still on .If anyone should be rested its him
  • edited December 2023
    Missed most of the 2nd half but sounds like that was a good thing. Wish I missed the first half too.
    The only good thing is that it reinforces that we need an out and out striker in January so that Bowen can go back on the wing.
  • And now its 5
  • Oh well.

On to the next game.
  • So just in case anyone has forgotten - this is WHU on the back of a confidence building fabulous mid week game against a key rival…….so…………

Just saying 🫣
  • Joke of a performance have to beat Freiburg now to make up for it
  • Looking at this ,Makes you think how bad Spurs are =)
  • Thing is, we've not played abysmally badly. Fulham were just playing so well. We couldn't get the ball.

• Bowen’s effort today 👏🏻 our fans 👏🏻 everyone else 😬
  • edited December 2023
    Not sure about that Mrs Grey, we created a few half chances but our defending was truly terrible today,
  • Lost for words. WHU deserved thumping and it could have been worse. I think Moyes also lost tactically as Fulham always seemed to have an extra player.
    Players will either be hurting and want to improve for the next game or sulking. Let us see which WHU turns up on Thursday.
  • Simples - this is our 3rd London derby in a week, 1st was a draw, 2nd was a win, 3rd must be a defeat ;)

Never any doubt was there.
  • I hope they’re suitably humiliated and vow to make sure that never happens again. Obviously it will at some point but there was no excuse for that today.
    We can only dream of winning two consecutive games 5-0.
  • We’ve been outplayed in most of our recent games but somehow have managed to win a couple which has masked the fact. Our goal difference took a battering today as well, a 10 goal turnaround on Fulham.
  • edited December 2023
    No complaints, I thought Fulham were excellent.
    Sometimes you just have to take it on the chin.
    Football innit.

Oh forgot, Moyes out obvs.
  • edited December 2023
    The only positive I can take from today is it wasn’t on TV and only the idiots like us would have seen how bad we were.
    Can’t really use the two games in a week excuse because all clubs had it and they didn’t all play completely useless.
  • edited December 2023
    Slacker said:

Oh forgot, Moyes out obvs.

Wow, never thought I'd ever hear that from you Slacker! What's changed your mind? 😉

• If we were told before these 2 games we'd get 3/6 in 2 tricky away games, I know where I'd have wanted the 3 to come from......
    Today is over with.....IMO
  • I didn't see the match so can't comment on it, but if we have anyone who wants to find the very smallest of consolation I believe it's this. Every Spurs fan who couldn't believe they lost on Thursday is feeling even worse after watch Fulham put five past us.
  • I said on the other thread that if I knew in advance we'd beat Spurs away 2-1 and then lose 5-0 to Fulham, I'd totally take it every time. I had a lay in (got covid) so I missed the game and that'll enable me to pass on the highlights too :)
  • Get well soon Baz .and never watch the highlights .Just feel sorry with us lot having to watch the whole game
  • edited December 2023
    I think there would have been very little prep for this game, tactically or in training, given we probably only trained Saturday. Friday would’ve been a recovery day following Thursday nights game.

I think it showed. Those small margins of Fulham having Friday & Saturday to prepare would’ve made a huge difference, plus the freshness in the legs with the extra day & their game being pretty straightforward in midweek.

We don’t often lose 5-0 under Moyes, certainly not to bottom half/mid table teams. That wasn’t acceptable today but I think the inflated score was due to some other factors.
  • We’ve never lost 5-0 under Moyes and I think it was one of his heaviest defeats as a PL manager.
  • thorn, moved your ACON comment over - might as well be the start of that discussion.