Other matches 30th Sept to 2nd October

Comments

• alderz said:

I would imagine the "all avenues" would be less about getting the game replayed or anything like that, and more to do with seeking some form of compensation. Or it's just to kick up as much of a stink as possible to make sure the conversation revolves around injustice to Liverpool, rather than anything else.

It’s IMO the last part only, there is IMO no compensation that could be offered apart from the apology etc, but let Liverpool think they are hard done by and the world hates them and Klopp 🤣
  • Compensation for what? Could they guarantee they would have won with that goal? They never moaned at all the Salah fall over penalties. They didn't come out last week and say we should have had a pen when Bowen was brought down.
    The got a shocking call for sure but who hasn't?
  • IronHerb said:

Compensation for what? Could they guarantee they would have won with that goal? They never moaned at all the Salah fall over penalties. They didn't come out last week and say we should have had a pen when Bowen was brought down.
    The got a shocking call for sure but who hasn't?

I don't know what for, but I would imagine that that's what they would be after.
  • I think it’s a clever but cynical move by Liverpool because by kicking up such a fuss and the thinly veiled threat associated with it they’ll probably make officials wary of not giving them the benefit of the doubt over future marginal situations.
  • I think it’s a clever but cynical move by Liverpool because by kicking up such a fuss and the thinly veiled threat associated with it they’ll probably make officials wary of not giving them the benefit of the doubt over future marginal situations.

They, along with the others in the Sky 6, generally get the benefit of any doubt as it is.
  • It’s an old football tactic to shout at the ref or lino when a decision ( even if it’s correct) goes against a team, to hope to get a more favourable one next time . This Liverpool posturing is exactly the same just on a bigger scale.
    Don’t be surprised to see Liverpool get a couple of dodgy decisions go their way in the next few games.
  • Absalutley. Abseloootly. Abciloutley………..yup.
  • Slacker said:

Don’t be surprised to see Liverpool get a couple of dodgy decisions go their way in the next few games.

I'm never surprised to see LiVARpool get dodgy deicisions go their way.

• Who puts up on the screen what is being checked as it said “checking disallowed goal - offside”. If it’s the VAR guy then why later say he thought the goal had been awarded. If it’s the club then surely he could see it on the giant screen.
  • edited October 2023

Who puts up on the screen what is being checked as it said “checking disallowed goal - offside”. If it’s the VAR guy then why later say he thought the goal had been awarded. If it’s the club then surely he could see it on the giant screen.

I can't answer your first point (must admit, I noticed the same thing tbh), but the VAR guys are in Stockley Park not the stadium so aren't likely to be watching the giant screen, more likely their own feed.

The long and the short of it is that the VAR and his assistant made a huge ricket, there's just no getting away from it.

• I reckon they were watching the Ryder cup and were probably watching a putt and cheering instead of watching the game.
  • Oh dear, Fulham falling apart.
  • Comms bloke, can't remember who ( with Lee Dixon) waxing lyrical about the terraced streets of SW London around Craven Cottage.

SW London, bigger than Fabianski. 😂
  • According to Rightmove terraced houses around Craven Cottage sell for an average of £1,887,458

I doubt if many Fulham fans live locally
  • The VAR issue can be easily solved so that it never reoccurs again with a simple rule change. If there is a communication error between referee and VAR, the game should be stopped and the proper decision be made on the field regardless of whether the game has restarted or not. It's ridiculous that once the VAR team saw the free kick taken instead of a kick-off they couldn't have told the referee that an error was made and it was a goal.
  • MIAHammer said:

The VAR issue can be easily solved so that it never reoccurs again with a simple rule change. If there is a communication error between referee and VAR, the game should be stopped and the proper decision be made on the field regardless of whether the game has restarted or not. It's ridiculous that once the VAR team saw the free kick taken instead of a kick-off they couldn't have told the referee that an error was made and it was a goal.

I'm sure this is something they'll look to introduce as something as ridiculous as this should never be allowed to happen again. Similarly, you'd think that the ball being completely out of play and yet a team is allowed to play on and score, which could be easily avoided by the introduction of cameras viewing along the touchline, but that injustice hasn't happened to a Sky 6 club yet.............
  • Surely if VAR had thought the goal had been awarded he’d have expected them to have lined up for a kick off with both sides in their own half not randomly in position. There would have been celebrations. He could easily have said to the ref “what’s going on, my mistake it was a goal”.
  • MIAHammer said:

The VAR issue can be easily solved so that it never reoccurs again with a simple rule change. If there is a communication error between referee and VAR, the game should be stopped and the proper decision be made on the field regardless of whether the game has restarted or not. It's ridiculous that once the VAR team saw the free kick taken instead of a kick-off they couldn't have told the referee that an error was made and it was a goal.

I think that would require a change to the laws of the game.
  • Just when you thought Man Utd couldn't get any funnier...
  • HAHA,,.....HAHA
  • Frank Lampard for the Man Utd job if Rangers dont want him? ;)
  • Ten Hag is lucky that the Glazers want to sell the club as they are probably happy to leave him there and let him become the new owners' problem.

They can't even be bothered to fix the leaking roof at Old Trafford.
  • I think the leaking defence ought to be the priority
  • Klopp wants a replay:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67003386

He says nothing like this has happened, yet there have been various other matches where the PGMOL has admitted it made mistakes and no replays happened in those matches.
  • If they applied that to all matches the season will probably end in November of next year.
  • Imagine spending every possible moment shouting about fixture congestion, and then asking for a replay because you didn't get your own way. The audacity of the man is astonishing.
  • edited October 2023
    Klopp and Liverpool = desperate and deluded IMO, get a grip....
  • edited October 2023
    alderz said:

Imagine spending every possible moment shouting about fixture congestion, and then asking for a replay because you didn't get your own way. The audacity of the man is astonishing.

And, as I say, it's hardly the first time the PGMOL has admitted it has made a mistake; in fact I've seen reports (fourfourtwo.com) that at least 13 apologies have been issued since February 2022, 12 of which have been since the start of last season ie in just 45 game weeks. These are major errors, not just differences of opinion.
  • edited October 2023
    If you listen to the audio, it clearly can show it was a human error, a mistake, no vendetta, no conspiracies, just a simple mistake, that due to current laws could not be dealt with, even though they realised it within seconds of restart....Klopp must get off his high horse and deal with it.....It's not all about you Klopp or Liverpool.....
  • alderz said:

Imagine spending every possible moment shouting about fixture congestion, and then asking for a replay because you didn't get your own way. The audacity of the man is astonishing.

I don't expect anything different from Klopp and Liverpool, but I also find it incredibly selfish to want to open up this can of worms just because they lost. Imagine the chaos it could cause for football in this country if a match was actually replayed because of human error - every club would want it every week.

They got two players sent off and scored a 95th minute own goal. But yeah, definitely VAR's fault.