Other matches 30th Sept to 2nd October

13»

Comments

• It could be replayed but it won’t be. There are precedents though for matches to be replayed due to human error.
  • If it's agreed to replay this one, all the other clubs who had an apology for errors will want their matches replayed too. PL will never open that door.
  • It's a precedent I don't think the PL can afford to set (although, as thornbury says, this has happened elsewhere including, I'm sure I've read, a match in the MLS when current PGMOL boss Howard Webb was then in charge of VAR there).

Yes, it was a dreadful mistake, but others have been made without replays being played.
  • MrsGrey said:

If it's agreed to replay this one, all the other clubs who had an apology for errors will want their matches replayed too. PL will never open that door.

Yeah surely Wolves ask for their opening game of the season against Man Utd to be replayed if Liverpool get this to happen, for example. It’s just pathetic.
  • Klopp has elevated whinging to a new level above SAF, Wenger and Mourinho

That's why I love it when Liverpool lose, I know we are going to get a Klopp explosion
  • Klopp has elevated whinging to a new level above SAF, Wenger and Mourinho

That's why I love it when Liverpool lose, I know we are going to get a Klopp explosion

Yeah, I dislike Liverpool anyway, but with Klopp they're unbearable.
  • edited October 2023
    I'm no Klopp fan, but I think the reporting on this has been poor quality.

Headlines using words like 'demands a replay', calls for a replay, 'must be' a replay. He didn't say that at all.

He said that he thinks the system should allow a solution (ie correction) in the game itself. He thinks the VARs houldn't be rushed into making a decision. His (personal) opinion is that there should be a replay. The club itself hasn't commented on that yet.

His words:

"They didn't do it on purpose and we shouldn't forget that. Yes, it was a mistake. An obvious mistake. I think there would have been solutions. I think the outcome should be a replay. Probably won't happen."

Full transcript:
    https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jurgen-klopp-replay-liverpool-tottenham-27839157

Apart from not agreeing with him about the replay, I think he sounds quite reasonable about it, tbh.