Manchester City (H) 3:00pm Saturday 16th Sept (not on TV)

Comments

• edited September 2023
    Subs, Benrahma and Kudus on for Antonio and Soucek, so guessing Paqueta moves central, Benrahma goes on the left and either Bowen or Kudus goes up front with the other on the right.

Now Alvarez has gone down and Soucek is staying on instead with Alvarez going off.
  • This has been an excellent game so far. I hope Alvarez isn't out for any extended period of time. He’s fit right in so far.
  • That’s a real shame
  • Such an unfortunate goal to concede. Areola a bit flat footed, maybe?
  • Actually no, Aguerd should be dealing with that.
  • alderz said:

Such an unfortunate goal to concede. Areola a bit flat footed, maybe?

I think he had to be a bit wary of Aguerd getting a touch (which he really should have).
  • edited September 2023
    How on earth has Soucek been booked for that? He got the ball, his foot then rolled into Akanji. Absolutely joke. Also, they said VAR was looking at it. Did VAR advise to give a yellow? Because they’re only meant to advise on red cards aren’t they?
  • Harsh booking for Soucek. Didn’t seem that much in it. Took a long time for that card to come out too.
  • Not sure why Benny got the nod over Fornals, when we expect to give up possession, I think we need Fornals industry
  • JWP has been very quiet in this 2nd half.
  • We’ve done well to keep it to 2 so far as City have had 14 shots on target up to now.
  • Zouma looks likes he’s spent.
  • Oh dear, it had to happen didn’t it - ho hum
  • Forget my last comment. This match is now gone.
  • We're lucky he had an off day or it would have been a much worse scoreline tbh.
  • Game over....But no complaints from me.....No embarrassment losing to this team in the manner we have......COYI....
  • I am just happy we gave them a game
  • I think we’ve been good, but we’re playing the best team in the world. You expect to lose these games, but we have contributed really well to this game.
  • We gave them a game, had a few chances but City do deserve the 3 points.
  • Paq has Benny to thank for that late yellow card,
  • Enjoyed watching that and have no complaints, amongst a pretty decent team performance, Kudus showed encouraging flashes of what he can do which was nice to see
  • Oh well it was nice to dream for a while but City are a class apart.
  • Thoroughly deserved win for City but we made sure it wasn’t easy for a change. Next Sunday away to Liverpool.
  • Disappointed with the result, but some pleasing aspects of the performance. Alvarez substitution changed the game. What if Antonio had scored in one-to-one?
  • Good effort. No shame in the result. Aguerd still doesn’t convince me.
  • What was the injury to Alvarez?
  • I worry for Zouma near the end of matches. It looked like he could hardly run. As the matches come thick and fast and as he tires as the season progresses, I don’t think he’ll be able to last 90 mins. Sadly I don’t think he’s got many years left in top flight football if his body/knees/joints are aging like they are
  • I worry for Zouma near the end of matches. It looked like he could hardly run. As the matches come thick and fast and as he tires as the season progresses, I don’t think he’ll be able to last 90 mins. Sadly I don’t think he’s got many years left in top flight football if his body/knees/joints are aging like they are

This is why I gave more credence to the links with Saudi towards the end of the window. I think we'll be lucky to get one more season out of him after this one, assuming he makes it through this one kinda in one piece.