Burnley v Spurs
Chelsea v Nott'm Forest
Man City v Fulham
17:30 Brighton v Newcastle

Sunday 3 September 2023
14:00 Crystal Palace v Wolves
14:00 Liverpool v Aston Villa
16:30 Arsenal v Man Utd

Sitting at the top , are we gonna be knocked off it ….
Sheffield Utd v Everton the early game, not one for the purists

Comments

• Everton 1-0 up …
  • Wow, how bad must Sheffield Utd be if they're losing at home to Everton?
  • Wow, how bad must Sheffield Utd be if they're losing at home to Everton?

Such a shame, ain't it? ;)
  • Beto has the look of Carlton Cole 👀
  • Everton 2-1 down now
  • Citeh get the rub of the green for their second, Akanji was in an offside position and the ball almost brushed his leg, although he did not touch it, the keeper had to delay his reaction in expectation of a deflection.

Ridiculous decision by VAR, how an experienced Ref allowed that to stand is simply beyond me
  • edited September 2023
    More than the rub of the green, that goal never should have stood imo. Together with the lack of a penalty for Luton last night, it's another weekend with a lack of consistency shown by VAR in particular; refs can't always see everything, especially at crowded set pieces, but there's no excuse for the VAR not to spot such things and bring them to the ref's attention.
  • In one way we have seen consistency from VAR this weekend, consistently rubbish 😉
  • Not only Man City ahead of us now .Spurs are to
  • We're down to third. Moyes out.
  • To be fair, Diop was lucky not to pick up a second yellow when he pushed Alveraz and gave away the penalty.

The replay showed it be to be pretty blatant, CIty will deservably win this but 4-1 is imo flattering as they have not played with the usual level of panache.
  • Can we just all take a minute to feel some sympathy for Chelsea?
    No?
    OK then.🎉😂🎉😂🎉😂🎉😂
  • edited September 2023
    Haaland is simply the most clinical finisher I think I have ever seen, and I have seen few. 5-1 when I did not think they played that well, especially in the first half, this is Haalands seventh hat trick since joining City at the start of last season.

Incredible
  • Brighton looking impressive, we must be MASSIVE 🤣🤣👍🏻⚒️
  • They were very good against us. We were better.
  • Slacker said:

Can we just all take a minute to feel some sympathy for Chelsea?
    No?
    OK then.🎉😂🎉😂🎉😂🎉😂

I watched their game today and it’s obvious they need to spend big in January.😉
  • Newcastle playing in Saudi green.

Losing to Brighton, having scored no goals.

3 points from 4 games.

Heads may roll.

In a purely metaphorical sense of course.

But I fear Steve Bruce may have lost the dressing room.
  • Oh, wait...
  • Brighton 3 up Anyone think Eddie Howe could be gone sooner rather then later ,Can't see big oil hanging around to long
  • It's sad to think Newcastle will just inevitably end up competing with Man City at the top.
  • steve said:

Brighton 3 up Anyone think Eddie Howe could be gone sooner rather then later ,Can't see big oil hanging around to long

He should definitely turn down the invitation to the Saudi embassy.

• To be fair, Brighton looked really good, loads of energy and purpose.
  • Citeh get the rub of the green for their second, Akanji was in an offside position and the ball almost brushed his leg, although he did not touch it, the keeper had to delay his reaction in expectation of a deflection.

Ridiculous decision by VAR, how an experienced Ref allowed that to stand is simply beyond me

His mate on VAR didnt want to add to his poor day?
  • Slacker said:

Slacker said:

Can we just all take a minute to feel some sympathy for Chelsea?
    No?
    OK then.🎉😂🎉😂🎉😂🎉😂

I watched their game today and it’s obvious they need to spend big in January.😉
    They did have a tough window, remember
  • Evan Ferguson. Just 17 more years and two serious knee injuries, and he could be a West Ham player!
  • edited September 2023
    From MotD, Spur's 5th goal and the end of innocence

• Imagine being so young you don’t remember that this is what happens to Burnley in the PL
  • Man U kit? 😳